Big ACORN shocker...

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
that I predicted from the beginning.
While some of the advice and counsel given by ACORN employees and volunteers was clearly inappropriate and unprofessional, we did not find a pattern of intentional, illegal conduct by ACORN staff; in fact, there is no evidence that action, illegal or otherwise, was taken by any ACORN employee on behalf of the videographers.
The videos that have been released appear to have been edited, in some cases substantially, including the insertion of a substitute voiceover for significant portions of Mr. O'Keefe's and Ms. Giles's comments, which makes it difficult to determine the questions to which ACORN employees are responding. A comparison of the publicly available transcripts to the released videos confirms that large portions of the original video have been omitted from the released versions.
ACORN Report Finds No Illegal Conduct | TPMMuckraker

While some of the advice and counsel given by ACORN employees and volunteers was clearly inappropriate and unprofessional, we did not find a pattern of intentional, illegal conduct by ACORN staff; in fact, there is no evidence that action, illegal or otherwise, was taken by any ACORN employee on behalf of the videographers.
The videos that have been released appear to have been edited, in some cases substantially, including the insertion of a substitute voiceover for significant portions of Mr. O'Keefe's and Ms. Giles's comments, which makes it difficult to determine the questions to which ACORN employees are responding. A comparison of the publicly available transcripts to the released videos confirms that large portions of the original video have been omitted from the released versions.

Come on, Ravi....regardless of this report, it is obvious that ACORN is simply outof control and cannot control what it's "volunteers" say and do. I do not want my money going to this organization any longer.

Come on, Ravi....regardless of this report, it is obvious that ACORN is simply outof control and cannot control what it's "volunteers" say and do. I do not want my money going to this organization any longer.
Out of control how? They did nothing wrong, did you not read what I posted. The freaking videos were doctored...which anyone with half a brain should have noticed. Not that I hold out much hope for the asses in our government that have cowered to the idiot chimps and stabbed the people in the back that ACORN actually helps.

SO you predcted that this was nothing but a farce and an attack on Acorn?

And you beleve their own findings uncovered by their own investigation?

And you ask that we put credibilty in your postings?

It's an independent report. And yes, I predicted those videos were altered...which is why we never got to see the raw footage.

It's an independent report. And yes, I predicted those videos were altered...which is why we never got to see the raw footage.

The guy was paid by Acorn to conduct an "internal" investigation.

This just in...

Hitler hires investigator to look into war crimes - findings report no war crimes committed....:eusa_whistle:

:rolleyes:

There's very little possibility of the global warming conspiracy theory you're pushing having any credibility either.

Merry Christmas!

The guy was paid by Acorn to conduct an "internal" investigation.

This just in...

Hitler hires investigator to look into war crimes - findings report no war crimes committed....:eusa_whistle:
I've peer reviewed this post and find it 100% accurate. :eusa_whistle:

I wonder if the people who had their words altered can sue this little asshole?

ACORN already has a law suit against "Big Government" and the actors...it will be fun to watch the court proceedings.

:clap2:

Do you read oir simply scan?

Do you see how you were fooled by the gift of gab?

An independant investigation means it was NOT done by a municipality, court, or federal government. It means it was commissioned by and paid for by the entity itself...in this case Acorn.
Please re-reads the article with your spin glasses off.
This was paid for by Acorn...and since it was independant...they can doctor anything they want in the report seeing as THEY PAID FOR IT AND OWN IT.

Jeez....it is scary how easily fooled you folks are.

Prove what you claim

ACORN's Internal Investigation Draws Skepticism From Hill

FOXNews.com

ACORN's announcement that it has hired former Massachusetts Attorney General Scott Harshbarger to conduct an internal review was dismissed as inadequate by the ranking member on a government oversight committee.

...A self-run investigation is not a substitute for an independent investigation," said Issa, the ranking member of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. "There is no adequate substitute or mechanism that can replace the immediate need for congressional committees to exercise their oversight prerogatives and conduct hearings into ACORN's management and use of taxpayer dollars."

Former Massachusetts Attorney General Scott Harshbarger will lead the internal investigation into ACORN's activities, ACORN Board Chairwoman Maude Hurd announced Tuesday. Harshbarger will begin the investigation immediately.

FOXNews.com - ACORN's Internal Investigation Draws Skepticism From Hill

___

(AP) The community activist group ACORN said Tuesday it has selected a former Massachusetts attorney general to investigate its housing program after employees were caught on video giving advice to a couple posing as a prostitute and pimp.

Democrat Scott Harshbarger will conduct the internal investigation.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/22/politics/main5328873.shtml
____

Last edited:

Forum List

Back