Now gay people can get married AND enjoy lobster!

So when does Maine and these other States authorize Incestuous relationships?

What would be the rationale for that? Are incestuous couples denied the right to file a joint tax return or something?

The entire argument of the left is that gay marriage is all about two consenting adults that love each other and so should have the right to marry. Well then two adults that happen to love each other that do NOT have the right to marry would be incestuous relationships. And no they do not have the same rights as Gays now have in Maine.

Where is the outrage, the demands for equality, the insistence that what two consenting adults want to do is not the States business?

it would have been better for Maine had they just got the state out of the marriage business
but it figures this stupid state wouldnt do it the right way
they dont do anything else the right way

The government is already involved in marriage, unless you are advocating they remove all legal effects of marriage then your point is moot.
thats exactly what i am advocating

What would be the rationale for that? Are incestuous couples denied the right to file a joint tax return or something?

The entire argument of the left is that gay marriage is all about two consenting adults that love each other and so should have the right to marry. Well then two adults that happen to love each other that do NOT have the right to marry would be incestuous relationships. And no they do not have the same rights as Gays now have in Maine.

Where is the outrage, the demands for equality, the insistence that what two consenting adults want to do is not the States business?
why limit it to just 2 consenting adults
if 2 women want to be married to one man(or vice versa) what business is it of the state?

it would have been better for Maine had they just got the state out of the marriage business

The government is already involved in marriage, unless you are advocating they remove all legal effects of marriage then your point is moot.
thats exactly what i am advocating

Okay, then we agree on it ... LOL.

Gay divorce is right around the corner.

And gay marriage and divorce effect your daily life how?

I don't know, you tell me.
I was merely pointing out something that will happen.

Again, why did you point it out? Who cares if gay divorce happens? It's irrelevant. Just as gay marriage is. It is a completely irrelevant issue for a majority of Americans... probably around 80-90%. It is none of our business what people do and who people love. The government should not restrict that. Let them all get married, let them all adopt and let them all get divorced and be like the rest of us... because, with the exception of being gay, they are like the rest of us.

And gay marriage and divorce effect your daily life how?

Again, why did you point it out? Who cares if gay divorce happens? It's irrelevant. Just as gay marriage is. It is a completely irrelevant issue for a majority of Americans... probably around 80-90%. It is none of our business what people do and who people love. The government should not restrict that. Let them all get married, let them all adopt and let them all get divorced and be like the rest of us... because, with the exception of being gay, they are like the rest of us.

So you support Incestuous relationships? And multiple partners legally married?

I didn't realize incest was against the law? As far as I know, two people can have a relationship if they both choose to be. As far as marriage - I don't think there are any problems with that. All you need to get a marriage certificate are two driver's liscenses... soooo....

I don't really understand the problem with incest anyway. If two people love each other, and both are of consenting age, let them do what they want. The government's involvement with marriage is for tax purposes - not moral purposes.

Maine has state income tax, which means it matters to them. And again, it's about rights. A gay couple should be able to have the same rites as a straight couple. For instance, they should be able to decide when to take someone off of life support if there is little to no chance of meaningful recovery. There are a billion other instances. You can't just say "stay out of the marriage business" because it's not just marriage... it's rites. If a gay couple have raised a child for 10 years and one of them dies, who's going to take care of that child if the dead person has no other family? Are you going to place it in child services when one of his or her parents that have raised the child for 10 years is perfectly able to raise the child by themselves?

Come on. Have a little heart here.

The entire argument of the left is that gay marriage is all about two consenting adults that love each other and so should have the right to marry. Well then two adults that happen to love each other that do NOT have the right to marry

I don't really think the State would know or really care for that matter. I don't think incesteous marriage is banned.

Maine has state income tax, which means it matters to them. And again, it's about rights. A gay couple should be able to have the same rites as a straight couple. For instance, they should be able to decide when to take someone off of life support if there is little to no chance of meaningful recovery. There are a billion other instances. You can't just say "stay out of the marriage business" because it's not just marriage... it's rites. If a gay couple have raised a child for 10 years and one of them dies, who's going to take care of that child if the dead person has no other family? Are you going to place it in child services when one of his or her parents that have raised the child for 10 years is perfectly able to raise the child by themselves?

all of that can be done without marriage
and quite frankly, the state shouldnt have anything to do with a religious ceremony(marriage is one)

So you support Incestuous relationships? And multiple partners legally married?

Yeah, why not? Who cares what they do? Life is too short. I mean, as long as the people are of the legal age of consent, yeah why not? How is Joe Schmoe off in Cleavland, OH hurting you by deciding he wants two wives? As long as both wives are fine with it - great! Abraham had several wives, I believe.

But if a guy wants to have 2 wives, who cares what he does? My morals and my values are for my family and my family only.

Last edited:

and quite frankly, the state shouldnt have anything to do with a religious ceremony(marriage is one)

So then athiests shouldn't get married? What if I can't find a Rabbi I want and I want a judge to marry me?

man, HOW are republicans going to win elections if gay marriage doesn't end up destroying the fabric of the nation, when everyone still gets to keep their guns, and when the long awaited invasion of america by muslim hordes never materializes?

So then athiests shouldn't get married? What if I can't find a Rabbi I want and I want a judge to marry me?
they can do what anyone that want s legal civil union could do
get a civil union contract for all the rights formerly associated with marriage(that never should have been tied to marriage in the first place)

After all this I still don't get why people are so worried about them calling it marriage, why does that bother people so much, it's just a fucking word! Hell, nuts marry bolts, solder marries wire together, code marries users to their computers ... really ... how much importance do you place on a word?

they can do what anyone that want s legal civil union could do
get a civil union contract for all the rights formerly associated with marriage(that never should have been tied to marriage in the first place)

I don't disagree with the idea on this - but unfortunately, government is too deeply involved with marriage. So, as long as that happens, gay people can get married.

In other news, how's your scuba diving going?

After all this I still don't get why people are so worried about them calling it marriage, why does that bother people so much, it's just a fucking word! Hell, nuts marry bolts, solder marries wire together, code marries users to their computers ... really ... how much importance do you place on a word?

Easy. Conservatives don't like change, they pretty much are creeped out by gays, and they think gays need to be cured.

That said, I think we are witnessing the utter collapse of the anti-gay, anti-equality Conservative coalition in this country. It is astonishing how rapidly things are changing. :clap2:

Easy. Conservatives don't like change, they pretty much are creeped out by gays, and they think gays need to be cured.

That said, I think we are witnessing the utter collapse of the anti-gay, anti-equality Conservative coalition in this country. It is astonishing how rapidly things are changing. :clap2:
yeah, i'm a conservative that wants it CHANGED
so you just proved what a fucking MORON you are and how little you actually know about what conservatives want
:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back