Now gay people can get married AND enjoy lobster!

This one was voted on ... now what?
no, it was done by the legislature
not a referendum
but it likely would have passed here anyway
and they would have given every gay couple a few thousand dollars to get started too
just put it in a bond issue and it would have passed

LOL
this state LOVES to spend money it doesnt have

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
This one was voted on ... now what?
no, it was done by the legislature
not a referendum
but it likely would have passed here anyway
and they would have given every gay couple a few thousand dollars to get started too
just put it in a bond issue and it would have passed

LOL
this state LOVES to spend money it doesnt have

Just like I said... figured as much. Thanks DC.

How very christian of you.

Christian should be capitalized.

Why? It's not a proper name ... so meh.

If you want to control marriage based on belief instead of science then take out all the legal benefits and responsibilities, then you can do whatever you want with it.

Christian is the name of a person that is a Christian.

But I agree with the legal part. I have no problem with homos getting civil unions with all the legal benefits of marriage.

Ah, yes, that's the way to do it: legislatively.

:thup:

Technically, the people doing it judicially were only enforcing what the people doing it legislatively did when they put things like "equality" and "equal protection under the law" in their constitutions. If they didn't want to have to live up to what those words mean, then they shouldn't have put them in their state constitutions.

Also: congratulations on joining the rest of the modern world, Maine!

Bullshit. The people using the judiciary do so to backdoor the legislature. It's the wrong way to do it. Period.

I JUST HEARD on the news that the governor of maine hasn't signed this homo marriage bill yet. They just said he's still undecided. He probably has enough insight to see that it will probably be challenged and lose in a public vote, and wants to forgo the whole mess.

Forum List

Back