Not all the Super Bowl players who plan to skip White House visit are black

At the end of the day, despite Trumps attempts to do otherwise, people have a right to say NO TO THIS CLOWN...KUDOS TO ANYBODY THAT DISS'ES TRUMP.......the pot has met the kettle

One of the players is Chris Long, who months ago decided to donate his salary to fund scholarships in his home town --- which is Charlottesville --- after that went down last year.

>> In August, we watched people fill our hometown streets with hatred and bigotry,ā€ Long said in a statement. ā€œMegan and I decided to try to combat those actions with our own positive investment in our community.

When the white supremacy marches were happening, Long, who grew up in the Charlottesville area, tweeted that it was ā€œinsanely frustratingā€ for him to see ā€œman babies with tiki torches or people playing ā€˜militia.'ā€ -- For the Win

>> In the remarkably civil discussion, a rarity for Twitter, Long pointed to the Presidentā€™s response after Charlottesville.

Who were the fine people on the side of the Nazis and KKK that gathered in my hometown the day a terrorist put 20 ppl in the hospital? Why reference the hatred and bigotry on ā€œmany sidesā€ that day? Why didnā€™t you immediately denounce them?

The lack of condemnation of said groups is either a calculated omission to pander to an ugly corner of our country OR he agrees with those folks. Either way, no convo needed.

In addition to Long, Eagles players Malcolm Jenkins and Torrey Smith have also said theyā€™ll skip the White House visit.

In an interview with CNN, Smith said the decision went beyond politics for him.

ā€œFor me, itā€™s not just about politicsā€¦this isnā€™t something that I personally feel inclined to be involved withā€¦I respect the office, but often times we hold our athletes and entertainers to higher standards than we hold the President of the United States. To me itā€™s about doing the right thing, itā€™s not about choosing sides or anything, itā€™s simply about right and wrong.ā€ << --- For the Win

Trump's more the New England type, he'll meet up with the losers. It's his thing.

That's also apparently where his constituency is:

>> Even before Tom Brady partnered with an obvious snake oil salesman, heā€™d become the Tom Cruise of the NFL. Heā€™s a great player, infuriatingly so, but over the past five years, he has become reclusive, standoffish, and undeniably weird. He also spent most of last season with a red MAGA hat conspicuously on display in his locker, but was too cowardly to speak about the hat or its implications.

Bill Belichick, who is rightly hailed as one of the great coaches in sports history, wrote a letter of support for Candidate Trump, using bizarre syntax and vocabulary so similar to Trumpā€™s own that many people initially thought it was a fake.

This isnā€™t all about Trump, though he has infected every aspect of our culture. If he manages to stay awake until kickoff, he will be rooting for the Patriots, whose owner donated $1 million to the inaugural celebration. In the morning, he will be waiting to hear from Steve Doocy that his friends in New England have won again. He will ask one of his assistants to smile for him, and then he will mash his fingers into his phone until it produces a tweet about how the Eagles deserved to lose because they donā€™t adequately respect our troops. << -- Resist the Darkness
I did not know this about Belichick but now it makes this victory even sweeter.

Forum List

Back