Norwegians got what they deserved

The debate exploded aboveground on Saturday in an opinion essay at Ynet (in Hebrew only) by Ziv Lenchner, a left-leaning Tel Aviv artist and one of Ynet’s large, bipartisan stable of columnists. It’s called “Dancing the Hora on Norwegian Blood.” He argues that the comment sections on news websites are a fair barometer of public sentiment (a questionable premise) and that the overwhelming response is schadenfreude, pleasure at Norway’s pain. As I’ll show below, that judgment seems pretty accurate.

He goes on to blame the Netanyahu government, which he accuses of whipping up a constant mood of “the whole world is against us.” Again, a stretch—a government can exacerbate a mood, but it can’t create it out of whole cloth. Israelis have been scared and angry since long before this government came in two and a half years ago, for a whole variety of reasons. The government isn’t working overtime to dispel the mood, but it can’t be blamed for creating it. Finally, Lenchner argues, on very solid ground, that the vindictive mood reflected on the Web is immoral and un-Jewish, citing the biblical injunction “do not rejoice in the fall of your enemy.”

Read more: Israelis Debate on the Web: Did Norway Get What It Deserved?

interesting comments on how some jewish spokesmen believe the oslo killings were 'deserved' for lack of a better word but again it is always the extremist who get the attention...i wonder how many jews said a prayer or bowed their heads when they heard of this? i would say more prayed than rejoiced...

If it's of any consequence, and to counter some of the unsurprisingly selfish attitudes exhibited by Israel's (typically) myopic far-right, I've never given a fig about what befell the Jews in the Holocaust, either. It's just a shame that their - majority - insular, victim mentality overrode any compassion towards Norway, regardless of Norway's unrelated Palestinian sympathies.

I think there is a great danger with the way the instigators of the hate stuff towards Muslims - the people who want them all out and an end to multiculturalism, what Wilders recently referred to as the 'Global anti-Islam Movement', combine the hate and fear mongering with a love of Israel. Both go together so you get as AB was, people who become fanatical Zionists.

This article which I found at Jews for Justice for Palestinians says the relationship of these people to Israel is one which Israel should reject.

Jews for Justice for Palestinians head the article' Ynet warns that many far-right Europeans claim kinship with Israel and Zionism'

The best thing imo would be if Israel did stand back from it. I believe that Israel is providing for them a twisted belief that they are the good guys fighting against the oppressed Jews whereas the more real reason is to be blunt, just the old xenophobia as the article describes.

Edit: sorry article here http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4101157,00.html

Last edited:
There is no doubt that the Israeli Mossad financed and organized the Norwegian bombing.

Norway was about to vote in favor of the Palestinian cause.

Any time there is chaos or conflict in the world.

One only needs to look for the Zionist involvement to answer the question of who did it and why.

Last edited:
There is no doubt that the Israeli Mossad financed and organized the Norwegian bombing.

One only needs to look for the Zionist involvement to answer the question of who did it and why.

Do you have even one shred of proof on this?

Is it any wonder so many Muslims have no one's sympathy?

Piss off.

Well now you mention it, some of the Israeli comments come pretty near to dancing in the streets.

There is something wrong when anyone believes an action like this is deserved in any way.

Do you have even one shred of proof on this?

It does not take a genius to figure out that this was not a coincidence.

Norway was ready to lead the vote in the UN General Assembly for Palestinian statehood in a few days.

Piss off.

Well now you mention it, some of the Israeli comments come pretty near to dancing in the streets.

There is something wrong when anyone believes an action like this is deserved in any way.
Obsessed with Israel, I see. :rolleyes:

ah you haven't read what the thread is about. The terrorist was obsessed with Israel though.

ah you haven't read what the thread is about. The terrorist was obsessed with Israel though.
As are you.

Hmmmmm.

This thread is on the response in Israel to the terrorism in Norway last week. You said
which seemed pretty sick to me. I responded to what you said. Now quit the personal attacks.
Deal with it. Anti-semitism, like yours and others, is a disease that often leads to murder and mass murder. I will criticize it at will and often.

As are you.

Hmmmmm.

This thread is on the response in Israel to the terrorism in Norway last week. You said
which seemed pretty sick to me. I responded to what you said. Now quit the personal attacks.
Deal with it. Anti-semitism, like yours and others, is a disease that often leads to murder and mass murder. I will criticize it at will and often.

Right. I haven't met you before but now I can see you are an empty headed drain who cannot argue and simply calls names.

This thread is on the response in Israel to the terrorism in Norway last week. You said which seemed pretty sick to me. I responded to what you said. Now quit the personal attacks.

Right. I haven't met you before but now I can see you are an empty headed drain who cannot argue and simply calls names.
I have met few here. I post based on what I read others saying.

You are an anti-semite. If you perceive that as a 'name', then consider what you do to deserve it.

As long as anti-semites post anti-semitic posts, I call them what they are.

Deal with it.

Mossad motto: "By way of deception, thou shalt do war."

Mossad is the Israeli clandestine service.

Much like our CIA or Russia's KGB

The mission of these clandestine services is to further their nations agenda and security by any means possible.

Their agents work behind the scenes to overthrow or install governments and to assassinate anyone if the need arises.

These organizations work outside of any moral or legal framework.

I have met few here.

Not surprised and you are trolling this thread with your hate. I am done with you.

I have met few here. I post based on what I read others saying.

You are an anti-semite. If you perceive that as a 'name', then consider what you do to deserve it.

As long as anti-semites post anti-semitic posts, I call them what they are.

Deal with it.

Not surprised and you are trolling this thread with your hate. I am done with you.
It's true, I hate anti-semitism. One could say I hate, hate.

Deal with it.

(Oh, and fixed your quote of me. Let's keep it honest, mmmmmk?)

Forum List

Back