Noonan: Obama is a disaster

I do have a serious question for the liberal people on this forum.............

Are you not shocked at how quickly support has fallen for this president? Did you ever in a million years, envision back in late 2008 that the Obama public policy idea's would be viewed by Americans as a joke?

Why do you conservatives put so much stock in these people's opinions like Noonan and her ilk. Can't you make your own opinions? I've never understood that.

ill give you mine. impeach Osama

for what crime?

Dereliction of duty.....abuse of power.....corruption.....giving aid to terrorists.....you name it.

Half the Justice Department lawyers are ether members of the ACLU or have defended terrorists. Seems to me to be a conflict of interest.

Last edited:

Are you not shocked at how quickly support has fallen for this president? Did you ever in a million years, envision back in late 2008 that the Obama public policy idea's would be viewed by Americans as a joke?

How could his rep have not crashed?
We are going into a recession, Bush begged for and got TARP, not to mention Iraq and Afganistan. And he does not have it all fixed in a year?

And we have an entire network and hundreds? of radio stations all going for Obama's jugular.

Considering all that I can't see why is rep would have fallen at all .....

Last edited:

How could his rep have not crashed?
We are going into a recession, Bush begged for and got TARP, not to mention Iraq and Afganistan. And he does not have it all fixed in a year?

And we have an entire network and hundreds? of radio stations all going for Obama's jugular.

Considering all that I can't see why is rep would have fallen at all .....

To be honest, I was kind of hoping for a response from somebody who acknowledges that it is now 2010.

5d83b5be-237f-422f-a342-47220292-4.jpg

Right Direction or Wrong Track
25% Say U.S. Heading In Right Direction, Lowest Since Obama Took Office

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 Email to a Friend ShareThis.Advertisement

Just 25% of U.S. voters now say the country is heading in the right direction, the lowest level of voter confidence since early January 2009.

Correspondingly, the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 69% believe the nation is heading down the wrong track, the highest level measured in 14 months.

lmao............ask me? Do I like running up the score??????????:lol::lol::lol:

Oh yes......................

Scoreboardbig.jpg

Even handed? Surely you jest. She's a right wing blogger. She OPINES. Why do you guys put so much stock in these ridiculous faux journalists?

"Right Wing"??

Peggy Noonan???

Not quite - and she was very supportive of Obama in 2008 - and not a fan of Sarah Palin.

Her column here speaks to the truth of Obama's DC politics - even those within his own party are no longer trusting of his persistent incompetence and inability to understand the mood of the American people...

Many Republicans are NOT fans of Sarah Palin. Even Kathleen Parker, a life long Republican, refers to the current Republican Party as the "party of Ooga Booga".

Even handed? Surely you jest. She's a right wing blogger. She OPINES. Why do you guys put so much stock in these ridiculous faux journalists?

"Right Wing"??

Peggy Noonan???

Not quite - and she was very supportive of Obama in 2008 - and not a fan of Sarah Palin.

Her column here speaks to the truth of Obama's DC politics - even those within his own party are no longer trusting of his persistent incompetence and inability to understand the mood of the American people...

Many Republicans are NOT fans of Sarah Palin. Even Kathleen Parker, a life long Republican, refers to the current Republican Party as the "party of Ooga Booga".

I figure after the media blitz they pulled on Palin she's probably dropped a few points. Bush had the same thing happen to him...it just took longer.

15-20 points above anywhere Dubya was in his last 2 years.........

"Right Wing"??

Peggy Noonan???

I figure after the media blitz they pulled on Palin she's probably dropped a few points. Bush had the same thing happen to him...it just took longer.

Sarah Palin is actually in a unique position. If she was serious about being president, she would hire Republican strategists and "learn". Her base loves her, but right now, they are projecting what they "think" she's like. She is wasting her "political capital", but at a slower rate than Obama.

Poor Obama, believing Republicans want anything besides his head on a platter. I suspect the next three years will be way different than the first in the way he governs. Seems like he's "getting smarter" about those that want him to "fail". They will never work with him and it's taken a year to figure that out. He is much more trusting than me.

Sarah Palin is actually in a unique position. If she was serious about being president, she would hire Republican strategists and "learn". Her base loves her, but right now, they are projecting what they "think" she's like. She is wasting her "political capital", but at a slower rate than Obama.

Poor Obama, believing Republicans want anything besides his head on a platter. I suspect the next three years will be way different than the first in the way he governs. Seems like he's "getting smarter" about those that want him to "fail". They will never work with him and it's taken a year to figure that out. He is much more trusting than me.

Somehow I don't think Sarah will be looking to you for advice rdean. And I doubt that Sarah's advisors will recommend to her that she does. And one of the reasons might be your notion that Obama has ever been serious about working with Republicans except for those willing to fawn and grovel before him.

Youre right s0n.............Obama's list of accomplishments in his first year in office are daunting indeed!!!!

:tomato::tomato::tomato:

Whatever you think of Peggy Noonan, she is her own person and speaks her own mind. Nobody could ever accuse her of shilling for anybody. Rather than focus on polls and data and projections and such, her schtick is the national psyche and how the people perceive. And in that, she is pretty darn sharp.

In 2006 she wrote of President Bush:

Pundits and historians call Mr. Bush polarizing--and he is, but in some unusual ways. For one thing, he's not trying to polarize. He is not saying, "My team is for less government, your team is for more--my team, stand with me!"

Mr. Bush has muddied what his team stands for. He has made it all come down to him--not to philosophy but to him and his certitudes.

What is polarizing about him is the response he elicits from Americans just by being himself. They have deep questions about him, even as he is vivid to them.

Americans don't really know, deep down in their heads, whether this president, in his post-9/11 decisions, is a great man or a catastrophe, a visionary or wholly out of his depth.

What they increasingly sense is that he's one thing or the other. And this is not a pleasant thing to sense. The stakes are so high. If you woke most Americans up at 3:00 in the morning and said, "Tell me, looking back, what would you have liked in an American president after 9/11?" most of them would answer, "I was just hoping for a good man who did moderately good things." Who caught Osama, cleaned out Afghanistan, made it proof of the possibility of change and of the price to be paid by those who choose terror as a tactic. Not this historical drama queen, this good witch or bad.

President Bush lost Ann Coulter's support when he veered sharply left on immigration. She ended one column blasting him for that with:

Bush thinks it's not fair to favor people with special skills — a policy evidenced by his Harriet Miers pick.

How about this: It's not fair to want to go out with someone just because that person is attractive and has a good personality because it discriminates against people who are ugly with bad social skills! That's our immigration policy.

Press "1" for English; press "2" for a new president ...

It's really sad that the radical leftists are so brainwashed that they only see everything in terms of "Right - Bad" - "Left - Wonderful" or "Republicans - bad" - "Democrats - much better." "Conservative - Bad - Liberal - Noble" or whatever.

How much more interesting the world is when you can read a writer's works for content and consider that rather than see everything through a prism of pure blind prejudice.

Why? The Bush admin. was a big reason we're in this mess - for wasting time and trillions in Iraq alone. And you guys fought AGAINST his impeachment. This economy shit isn't going to be fixed overnight.
Under barry it won't be fixed at all, but instead made worse.

Source?

'faux'..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm noticing a trend with the left. Anytime they got no comeback, they insert the word 'faux' into their post. 'Faux' News, 'Faux' Outrage, 'Faux' journalists. Damn, that's funny shit. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Makes y'all look dumb as dirt, but it is funny.

'faux'..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm noticing a trend with the left. Anytime they got no comeback, they insert the word 'faux' into their post. 'Faux' News, 'Faux' Outrage, 'Faux' journalists. Damn, that's funny shit. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Makes y'all look dumb as dirt, but it is funny.
They just can't put their best foot fauxward.

:razz:

If you're going to measure popularity, then it needs to be like for like to be a valid comparison. Oversight or stupidity?

Given the hysterics of the libs in here, it would appear Noonan's truth regarding Obama has struck a nerve...

Scathing column from the normally even handed Peggy Noonan.

If you are an Obama supporter...OUCH.

___

It is now exactly a year since President Obama unveiled his health care push and his decision to devote his inaugural year to it—his branding year, his first, vivid year.

What a disaster it has been.

...The only thing that might make his assertions sound believable now is if a group of congressional Republicans were standing next to him on the podium and putting forward a bill right along with him. Which, obviously, won’t happen, for three reasons. First, they enjoy his discomfort. Second, they believe the bill is not worth saving, that at this point no matter what it contains—and at this point most people can no longer retain in their heads what it contains—it has been fatally tainted by the past year of mistakes and inadequacies.

And the third reason is that the past decade has taught them what a disaster looks like, and they’ve lost their taste for standing next to one.

Peggy Noonan: Home

The best irony here is that Peggy Noonan's only claim to fame, such as it is, is having been a speechwriter for Ronald Reagan,

whose presidency was in worse shape at this point in time than is President Obama's. I'm guessing she didn't refer to that as a disaster.

Before the election, Noonan seemed to be at least in support of what Obama claimed to be. I was, too. Following the election, he showed himself to be partisan, incompetent, deceptive, elitist, prone to dealing behind the scenes, given to a dislike of America's historical actions and taken by a notion of his own powers to persuade and lead.

In other words, a blowhard who can't deliver.

From a column by Noonan right before the election:

Peggy Noonan: Obama and the Runaway Train

Obama and the Runaway Train
The race, the case, a hope for grace.
The Wall Street Journal: October 30, 2008

The case for Barack Obama, in broad strokes:

He has within him the possibility to change the direction and tone of American foreign policy, which need changing; his rise will serve as a practical rebuke to the past five years, which need rebuking; his victory would provide a fresh start in a nation in which a fresh start would come as a national relief. He climbed steep stairs, born off the continent with no father to guide, a dreamy, abandoning mother, mixed race, no connections. He rose with guts and gifts. He is steady, calm, and, in terms of the execution of his political ascent, still the primary and almost only area in which his executive abilities can be discerned, he shows good judgment in terms of whom to hire and consult, what steps to take and moves to make. We witnessed from him this year something unique in American politics: He took down a political machine without raising his voice.

Forum List

Back