Noonan: Obama is a disaster

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Scathing column from the normally even handed Peggy Noonan.

If you are an Obama supporter...OUCH.

___

It is now exactly a year since President Obama unveiled his health care push and his decision to devote his inaugural year to it—his branding year, his first, vivid year.

What a disaster it has been.

...The only thing that might make his assertions sound believable now is if a group of congressional Republicans were standing next to him on the podium and putting forward a bill right along with him. Which, obviously, won’t happen, for three reasons. First, they enjoy his discomfort. Second, they believe the bill is not worth saving, that at this point no matter what it contains—and at this point most people can no longer retain in their heads what it contains—it has been fatally tainted by the past year of mistakes and inadequacies.

And the third reason is that the past decade has taught them what a disaster looks like, and they’ve lost their taste for standing next to one.

Peggy Noonan: Home

I have to confess to a certain amount of Schadenfreude seeing the Buyer's Remorse of former Obama Supporters. Noonan is smart enough to have known better.

Even handed? Surely you jest. She's a right wing blogger. She OPINES. Why do you guys put so much stock in these ridiculous faux journalists?

Even handed? Surely you jest. She's a right wing blogger. She OPINES. Why do you guys put so much stock in these ridiculous faux journalists?

"Right Wing"??

Peggy Noonan???

Not quite - and she was very supportive of Obama in 2008 - and not a fan of Sarah Palin.

Her column here speaks to the truth of Obama's DC politics - even those within his own party are no longer trusting of his persistent incompetence and inability to understand the mood of the American people...

"Right Wing"??

Peggy Noonan???

Not quite - and she was very supportive of Obama in 2008 - and not a fan of Sarah Palin.

Her column here speaks to the truth of Obama's DC politics - even those within his own party are no longer trusting of his persistent incompetence and inability to understand the mood of the American people...

Not everyone who thinks Palin is a joke is a liberal. Peggy Noonan is a republican who was a speechwriter for Reagan and Bush I, and now is on the notoriously right-wing WSJ editorial board.

Oh? Sorry , I thought this thread was about Peter Noonan.

I wondered why he was commenting on Obama and even more curious as to why anyone would listen to him?

Last edited:
Peggy Noonan endorsed Obama for President.

She was wrong then.

Noonan most recently is declaring Obama a disaster.

She is right now...

Peggy Noonan endorsed Obama for President.

She was wrong then.

Noonan most recently is declaring Obama a disaster.

She is right now...

Thanks for the info.
I will however defer judgement on your opinions.
I need more time to feel he is at a disaster level.

Why do you conservatives put so much stock in these people's opinions like Noonan and her ilk. Can't you make your own opinions? I've never understood that.

Why do you conservatives put so much stock in these people's opinions like Noonan and her ilk. Can't you make your own opinions? I've never understood that.

She's just saying the obvious.

This is exactly what we've been thinking for 18 months.....now everyone is seeing it in the flesh.

Some of us have been warning everyone what Obama is....and you still didn't listen.

Why? The Bush admin. was a big reason we're in this mess - for wasting time and trillions in Iraq alone. And you guys fought AGAINST his impeachment. This economy shit isn't going to be fixed overnight.

Why? The Bush admin. was a big reason we're in this mess - for wasting time and trillions in Iraq alone. And you guys fought AGAINST his impeachment. This economy shit isn't going to be fixed overnight.

smileyrotflmao.gif
smileyrotflmao.gif

Forum List

Back