Is government a choice?

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
I was debating with someone and started to wonder if government is a choice because who decided that some people or organizations have power over others? Clearly a decision was made at sometime to give this organization power and if this is true doesn't this make government a choice?

discuss...

This is a great question - but requires more thought than I can give it right now. I'll try to get back to it in a few days.

I was debating with someone and started to wonder if government is a choice because who decided that some people or organizations have power over others? Clearly a decision was made at sometime to give this organization power and if this is true doesn't this make government a choice?

discuss...

For our country, government was a choice....

When the 13 states signed on to the Constitution and every state afterwords did as well...then we chose our form of government....we United in agreement to it.

discuss...

When the 13 states signed on to the Constitution and every state afterwords did as well...then we chose our form of government....we United in agreement to it.

* I suppose we could revolt and change it....another revolution so again, another choice....or to change it within the realm of the constitution itself?

discuss...

At this point the American experiment has run its course and the entire government should be put into a museum as an installation and where they can collect their pay and quibble until they all die.

We can elect new people who are amateurs and who wish to stay that way with term limits .

discuss...

Of course it's a choice. I say we abort the whole thing and start over.

Forum List

Back