Nobel Peace Prize awarded to ALL Americans

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
President Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. But what the Nobel committee really did was say thank you America for getting rid of one of the largest threats to world peace. Namely, the right wing republicans.

After eight years of unprovoked wars, threats, blocking global warming treaties, bullying behavior and arrogance, the world is standing up and saying

Good Job America!

The Nobel committee praised Obama's creation of "a new climate in international politics" and said he had returned multilateral diplomacy and institutions like the U.N. to the center of the world stage. The plaudit appeared to be a slap at President George W. Bush from a committee that harshly criticized Obama's predecessor for resorting to largely unilateral military action in the wake of the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

I guess you haven't noticed in the other numerous threads on this topic. We are not impressed. :eusa_angel:

This premise is as lame as giving barry the award he didn't deserve.

The democrats were hand in hand with the GoP in war.

I guess you haven't noticed in the other numerous threads on this topic.
I guess a Nobel Prize is only worthy of ONE thread .....
How many did we get on William Ayers????? Or Acorn?????

I'm sorry that the fact that America is much more respected around the world now thanks to Obama chaps your ass or flies in the face of your personal bias - get over it. It's a big deal.

If by "we" you mean your GOP circle jerk on the other thread, no sane person really gives a shit what you think

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'm sorry that the fact that America is much more respected around the world now thanks to Obama chaps your ass or flies in the face of your personal bias - get over it. It's a big deal.

no, it's not a big deal, it is a political coup is all, and for nothing,, he follows in the shit stains of al gore yassar arafat and al gore,, we are not impressed. not then and not now.

no, it's not a big deal, it is a political coup is all, and for nothing,, he follows in the shit stains of al gore yassar arafat and al gore,, we are not impressed. not then and not now.

He follows in the footsteps of a great many others - not just those.

And you can be all unimpressed all you want to be - but your are being unimpressed in the United States of America which is safer and more secure - in part - because of the accomplishments this award represents.
If you don't value that - then all I can say is that we value different things and I'm certainly glad that those who believe they way you do are not calling the shots.

"because of the accomplioshments this award represents."

WHAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS?????????????????

When the majority of Americans as well as the majority of people around the international community are able to see accomplishment where YOU see none, you really have to stop and wonder - whose vision is blurred???????

barry hussein soetoro, is a puppet for axelrod, rambo emmanuel and the other commies taking over our country. barry hussein won in november, because the citizens of the usa would have voted for a used jockstrap against any republican at that time. blame bush?? damn right!! we get the used jockstrap because of bush and co.

Many observers were shocked by the unexpected choice so early in the Obama presidency, which began less than two weeks before the Feb. 1 nomination deadline and has yet to yield concrete achievements in peacemaking.

Some around the world objected to the choice of Obama, who still oversees wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and has launched deadly counter-terror strikes in Pakistan and Somalia.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee countered that it was trying "to promote what he stands for and the positive processes that have started now." It lauded the change in global mood wrought by Obama's calls for peace and cooperation, and praised his pledges to reduce the world stock of nuclear arms, ease American conflicts with Muslim nations and strengthen the U.S. role in combating climate change.

The peace prize was created partly to encourage ongoing peace efforts but Obama's efforts are at far earlier stages than past winners'. The Nobel committee acknowledged that they may not bear fruit at all.

So...basically...he won the Nobel Peace Prize because he has good intentions...which may not do anything for anyone.

Even AFTER Reagan was the driving catalyst to get the wall torn down in Berlin and ending the cold war, surviving assasination attempt and the fast and effective actions in Grenada...where's the NOBEL?

I have often wondered just how significant it is. Now I know. Apparently not very significant at all.

When the majority of Americans as well as the majority of people around the international community are able to see accomplishment where YOU see none, you really have to stop and wonder - whose vision is blurred???????

Sorry....my vision is only blurred when my cat sticks his nose on my glasses. I KNOW beyond a doubt that there was NOTHING in the way of accomplishments in 12 DAYS! But hey, you do a great job of deflecting the question! I'll give you that much!

I'd like to start out by thanking God for all he has given me...

But honestly, this award is not yet deserved, there is still too much work to be done. I must decline this award for the moment... please consider me in the coming years when my accomplishments are actually obvious.

Immie

• Thanks
Reactions: del
LMAO. If anyone wasn't sure the PP was a joke, they are by now.

Yes it is a joke...
To those of a political philosophy that never has a chance to win a Nobel Prize. This prize is a direct slap at the right wing war mongers who have destroyed our once proud reputation around the globe.
Enjoy it republicans! The entire world is enjoying your squealing

He got the award because he isn't Bush. Just like Gore got it because he isnt Bush. The Euros hate strong figures that defend America and love weaklings that pretend they really matter. Nothing more to it than that. The Nobel Committee has beclowned itself with this latest boner. No one will take them seriously anymore. It is too politicized.

Forum List

Back