Another comparison Jimmy Carter and Obama- The Nobel peace prize

This comment is quite insightful:

3. From a domestic point of view, this certainly doesn't help. Plenty of people feel like President Obama has gotten too much recognition for too little in concrete accomplishment already. The only way for him to overcome that is through the steady, unglamorous work of governing. Being feted at a white tie dinner in Sweeden is not going to help pass health reform.

If anything, this award makes Barry an object of redicule as even his ardent supporters know he has not earned it at all.

to this position. Maybe, they are trying to make Obama feel better about losing the Olympics in Chicago. This certainly will not go over well with middle class Americans.
I can't wait to hear what Ruah has to say about this.:lol::lol:

Is Obama's Nobel a shade premature? - Blogs - The Sofia Echo

Anyone know what a one term President looks like, just look at Obama and Carter???? It's a comin. ROTFLMAO The comparison on every agenda is an extremely strong resemblence.

Last edited:
If anything, this award makes Barry an object of redicule as even his ardent supporters know he has not earned it at all.

I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, I am a bit surprised that some of our conspiracy minded posters are not questioning whether or not the Nobel Price committee wasn't insulting our President in a somewhat underhanded way, rather than honoring him.

Darn, too bad they don't give an award for war-mongering. I guess that's something that WOULD go over well with "middle class Americans", huh?

Peace being such an "un-American" thing????????????????????????????????????

"ALL" American's should be extremely "PROUD"

I might try to muster up a small bit of pride if someone could please tell me just what the hell he did in 12 DAYS to even get a nomination in before the February 1st deadline!! I can think of a hell of a lot more people a hell of a lot more deserving IMHO!

It is wonderful that "OUR" president has received this honor.

Agree. And some are forgetting Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson.

So much of life is attitude and since it is Obama who brought a new era to replace the politics of war and fear he is deserving of the honor.

Last edited:
"Agree. And some are forgetting Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson."

Obama's win is not even worthy of comparison here. Roosevelt and Wilson at least had served time in office and DID SOMETHING worth of the nomination. Obama was in office only 12 DAYS before the Feb. 1st deadline for nominations. What, pray tell, exactly did he do?????

I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, I am a bit surprised that some of our conspiracy minded posters are not questioning whether or not the Nobel Price committee wasn't insulting our President in a somewhat underhanded way, rather than honoring him.

Totally agree, this is not going to help him in the standing he has with every day Americans, it done nothing but confirm that the world thinks that he is a very weak President. He needs to remember, it's only Americans that vote for the President of America, not the world community.

Darn, too bad they don't give an award for war-mongering. I guess that's something that WOULD go over well with "middle class Americans", huh?

Fact, these people who elected him DON'T LIKE A STRONG AMERICA! Not in any way shape or form. THEY LIKE A WEAK AMERICA WITH AN EXTREMELY WEAK PRESIDENT.

Yasser Arafat- terrorist- Jimmy Carter the worst and weakest American President in history?????? Those two people alone should tell you all you need to know about this so-called honor.

Obama's win is not even worthy of comparison here. Roosevelt and Wilson at least had served time in office and DID SOMETHING worth of the nomination. Obama was in office only 12 DAYS before the Feb. 1st deadline for nominations. What, pray tell, exactly did he do?????

Ever since Al Gore won I have never looked at the Nobel Prize the same way.....certainly there are many other deserving recipients here.While I am no fan of Carter,at least he DID something to deserve it.

It is wonderful that "OUR" president has received this honor.

Only an idiot would be proud of a POTUS getting award he has neither earned nor deserved.

I wonder if he knew before hand that he was going to be elected to this position, because if he did, HE SHOULD HAVE TURNED IT DOWN. This will just be a glowing point of contention. TURN IT DOWN NOW, IT'S NOT TOO LATE. Thank them for their support but quietly bow out of this election and tell them to find someone else. Elect Jimmy Carter again for twofers.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yes peace. tell us about it. tell our stranded in Afghanistan soldiers about it. tell these people about it.

Suicide car bomb kills 49, wounds 100 in Pakistan - Yahoo! News

and these 3000 people? well they know all about "peace" don't they

Journal E: America Attacked

you spineless asswipes make me sick some days.

Fact, these people who elected him DON'T LIKE A STRONG AMERICA! Not in any way shape or form. THEY LIKE A WEAK AMERICA WITH AN EXTREMELY WEAK PRESIDENT.

Yasser Arafat- terrorist- Jimmy Carter the worst and weakest American President in history?????? Those two people alone should tell you all you need to know about this so-called honor.

Woodrow Wilson, Teddy Roosevelt, Shimon Perez, Yitzhak Rabin, Nelson Mandela, Elie Wiesel, Desmond Tutu, Lech Walesa, Mother Teresa, Henry Kissenger, Martin Luther King Jr., Albert Sweitzer, ....

Yes, yes, what a disgrace to be associated with such weak and impotent figures.

You seem to believe that America is "stronger" when we bully and bluster our way around the globe demanding our way at the point of a sword. But that "strength" is not strength at all. Because no matter how superior our military might - we could not stand alone against the entire world.

Our strength lies in our military might COUPLED with our friendships around the world. You can't live at peace with ONLY friendships and you can't live at peace with JUST military might. If you put all of your eggs in just one of these baskets, you will fail.

The fact that I value friendships as well as a potent military means I value a strong and secure America. Anyone who can't support BOTH - does not.

THAT is why people who do love America and who DO favor a strong and secure America are smart enough to realize that this award indicates we are making good progress on at least 50% of the goal. And we hope we can be every bit as successful with the other 50% as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back