No substance rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onyx

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2015
80% of this site does not actually debate. They just insult you, meander, and resort to a variety of other petty debating tactics.

I usually get called an idiot (a very unoriginal insult) and my arguments get deflected, and then everyone starts ganging up and doing the same thing.

Go ahead and insult all you want, but at least give me something to respond to rather than forcing me to walk away or get involved in a flame war.

Wouldn't a "no substance" rating be wonderful? Something you could use on people who do not bring up any actual points of discussion in their post.

80% of this site does not actually debate. They just insult you, meander, and resort to a variety of other petty debating tactics.

I usually get called an idiot (a very unoriginal insult) and my arguments get deflected, and then everyone starts ganging up and doing the same thing.

Go ahead and insult all you want, but at least give me something to respond to rather than forcing me to walk away or get involved in a flame war.

Wouldn't a "no substance" rating be wonderful? Something you could use on people who do not bring up any actual points of discussion in their post.
we had something like that.

but the board leftist are such snowflakes they cried and cried and cried about it until it was taken away and the kiddie zone was created for them.

we had something like that.

but the board leftist are such snowflakes they cried and cried and cried about it until it was taken away and the kiddie zone was created for them.

Yep.. Ruined the rating system too..

The hard right cons were using the neg rep to punish and drive away their opponents.

Stats figured out how to use the system against them, and we broke the hard right.

The mods then, on suggestion, took away the neg rep, and the hard right has been crying ever since.

There actually is more debate now and while there is much whining, it is less than before.

The hard right cons were using the neg rep to punish and drive away their opponents.

Stats figured out how to use the system against them, and we broke the hard right.

The mods then, on suggestion, took away the neg rep, and the hard right has been crying ever since.

There actually is more debate now and while there is much whining, it is less than before.
What's in a word...what's in a rep. Only fags and Libtards worry about it.

What's in a word...what's in a rep. Only fags and Libtards worry about it.
Then why is the hard right still complaining about it? Get over it, you lost.

I was talking about something to use for empty and pointless posts, which is a little different than a "you suck!" rating.

I do not like negative ratings, because they are non-constructive and used to bully dissenters into silence. It does not appeal to me, because the tactic actually works on a lot of people, and I am trying to get across alternative views. Hard to have a discussion when everyone around you is scared of speaking.

Of course, that is kind of already the case. There are terror gangs on both sides that jump on you with tons of attacks, but I could almost get over that if they made substantive arguments and contributed to the discussion rather than using their petty loser tactics.

I was talking about something to use for empty and pointless posts, which is a little different than a "you suck!" rating.

I do not like negative ratings, because they are non-constructive and used to bully dissenters into silence. It does not appeal to me, because the tactic actually works on a lot of people, and I am trying to get across alternative views. Hard to have a discussion when everyone around you is scared of speaking.

Of course, that is kind of already the case. There are terror gangs on both sides that jump on you with tons of attacks, but I could almost get over that if they made substantive arguments and contributed to the discussion rather than using their petty loser tactics.
You'd get a LOT less flak if you didn't prance around in victory and proclaim to argument was presented since you disagree. Your unisex bathroom thread is a joke. It's unusual to unite the left and right but somehow you managed. Grow a sack if you are going to post.

Then why is the hard right still complaining about it? Get over it, you lost.

I agree. Clear hypocrisy.

If it does not matter, then there should be no problem getting rid of it, which I am all for.

I believe they do matter. It is a layer of harmful bullshit that gets in the way of pure forum discussions.

They are not interested in constructive discussion, only punishing those they don't like.

Publish in the CDZ forum, if you want to eliminate the nonsense. Someone who acts up can be put on vacation by a mod.

You'd get a LOT less flak if you didn't prance around in victory and proclaim to argument was presented since you disagree

^ This is a great example of the kind of replies I am used to receiving RATHER than arguments.

Your unisex bathroom thread is a joke.

Yeah, another good example of what I am talking about.

Virtually no arguments were made in that thread, but rather personal attacks. I schooled you anyways though.

It's unusual to unite the left and right but somehow you managed.

It is called demonstrating independent thought.

The concept bewilders mindless partisan hacks.

Grow a sack if you are going to post.

I never fail to be amused by the neoconservative attachment to the human male cock.

Jake was one of the worst hard right offenders.....lmao!

I do not get why everyone is assigning political ideology to this.

You partisan hacks never give it a rest, even off the battlefield

Posters are going to leverage negative ratings to gang up on the minority viewpoint no matter what ideology they are. We have to accept the hard truth that most political forum board members are moronic scumbags that cannot adhere to intellectually honest principals.

You'd get a LOT less flak if you didn't prance around in victory and proclaim to argument was presented since you disagree

^ This is a great example of the kind of replies I am used to receiving RATHER than arguments.

Your unisex bathroom thread is a joke.

Yeah, another good example of what I am talking about.

Virtually no arguments were made in that thread, but rather personal attacks. I schooled you anyways though.

It's unusual to unite the left and right but somehow you managed.

It is called demonstrating independent thought.

The concept bewilders mindless partisan hacks.

Grow a sack if you are going to post.

I never fail to be amused by the neoconservative attachment to the human male cock.
A sack isn't a cock. You have trouble with the basics, no wonder genders confuse you. I wasn't offering an argument, what's wrong with you? I said you deserve the flak for prancing around in victory dismissing anything you disagree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back