No substance rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not interested in constructive discussion, only punishing those they don't like.

Publish in the CDZ forum, if you want to eliminate the nonsense. Someone who acts up can be put on vacation by a mod.

The Conspiracy Theories forum needs a CDZ forum of its own. Pretty sure conspiracy theories aren't allowed in the CDZ.

80% of this site does not actually debate. They just insult you, meander, and resort to a variety of other petty debating tactics.

I usually get called an idiot (a very unoriginal insult) and my arguments get deflected, and then everyone starts ganging up and doing the same thing.

Go ahead and insult all you want, but at least give me something to respond to rather than forcing me to walk away or get involved in a flame war.

Wouldn't a "no substance" rating be wonderful? Something you could use on people who do not bring up any actual points of discussion in their post.

if they could respond with substance they would. it's much easier to deflect and insult. my favorite is people who have never met me insulting my looks....with things that aren't accurate. pretty bizarre, imo.

They are not interested in constructive discussion, only punishing those they don't like.

Publish in the CDZ forum, if you want to eliminate the nonsense. Someone who acts up can be put on vacation by a mod.

The Conspiracy Theories forum needs a CDZ forum of its own. Pretty sure conspiracy theories aren't allowed in the CDZ.

I don't see very many conspiracy theories being moved out of the politics section

sure they are

the kiddie zone is a place to hide from being called out, nothing more

I agree. Clear hypocrisy.

If it does not matter, then there should be no problem getting rid of it, which I am all for.

I believe they do matter. It is a layer of harmful bullshit that gets in the way of pure forum discussions.

Well let me wet that paper bag for you, then maybe you can fight your way out.

It all starts with you son. You want stellar responses and true debate? Then treat everyone you debate with respect, acknowledge earned debate points, don't troll in a post or thread title.

If it does not matter, then there should be no problem getting rid of it, which I am all for.

I believe they do matter. It is a layer of harmful bullshit that gets in the way of pure forum discussions.

It all starts with you son. You want stellar responses and true debate? Then treat everyone you debate with respect, acknowledge earned debate points, don't troll in a post or thread title.

sez one of our best trollz

sure they are

I doubt it, but I'll ask a mod.

Personally, I think it's the other way around- the -rest- of the forum is one big kiddie zone, a la Lord of the Flies (alright, not that bad, just words, not sticks and stones), while the CD Zone is the only place where they actually attempt to enforce civility.

sez one of our best trollz

If you are going to do something, be good at it. Btw, I have a whole little group that says different. :dunno:

Last edited:
I find it hard to consider DNC talking points and liberal blog cut and paste to be debate worthy, sorry.

sure they are

Personally, I think it's the other way around- the -rest- of the forum is one big kiddie zone, a la Lord of the Flies (alright, not that bad, just words, not sticks and stones), while the CD Zone is the only place where they actually attempt to enforce civility.
forced civility isn't being adult.

seriously, it's a safe zone for snowflakes and trolls that want to troll but not get called a troll

sure they are

forced civility isn't being adult.

I'm not saying we should be forced to be civilized when our lives are at stake or something like that. But we're on an internet forum. I've never seen the need to be uncivilized in a place where you can look over what you say before hitting "post reply".

seriously, it's a safe zone for snowflakes and trolls that want to troll but not get called a troll

If I don't like what someone has to say, I can tell them so in a civilized manner. No need to use base insults like 'troll' in my view. And once in a while to bring up Monty Python's argument clinic as an example of a certain style of argument :p...

phoenyx, most of the Alt Right and hard Right with some of the Far Left don't want to be civil.

That's the point.

Most of them are emotionally and mentally disturbed and take it out here.

phoenyx, most of the Alt Right and hard Right with some of the Far Left don't want to be civil.

That's the point.

Most of them are emotionally and mentally disturbed and take it out here.

I kind of agree with that. Mind you, I can agree with some of the points they make (I suppose I could be considered pretty far left, I supported Bernie Sanders and now Jill Stein), but I never agree with their using base insults.

It is disconcerting that on every internet forum, I only find a minority of individuals willing to hold a discussion.

What good are most of the people here for? They are uneducated and uncivil, and their only contribution is recycling rhetoric because they are mindless partisan hacks; Insulting those that disagree with them because they do not know how to argue without their recycled rhetoric.

Last edited:
You get people like kaz who made a statement that he could not back up about me, then attacked me for questioning his bold assertion without evidence.

Troll like that are dealt with sharply, then I move on.

The hard right cons were using the neg rep to punish and drive away their opponents.

Stats figured out how to use the system against them, and we broke the hard right.

The mods then, on suggestion, took away the neg rep, and the hard right has been crying ever since.

There actually is more debate now and while there is much whining, it is less than before.
BS some of the biggest rep abusers on this board were left wing moonbats and their socks.

The hard right cons were using the neg rep to punish and drive away their opponents.

Stats figured out how to use the system against them, and we broke the hard right.

The mods then, on suggestion, took away the neg rep, and the hard right has been crying ever since.

There actually is more debate now and while there is much whining, it is less than before.
BS some of the biggest rep abusers on this board were left wing moonbats and their socks.
bluegin, you far righties were the worst by far; for every TM there were a dozen of you. You know it, we put it down. Period.

bluegin, you far righties were the worst by far; for every TM there were a dozen of you. You know it, we put it down. Period.

I'm a lefty, but without documentation, I can't support this assertion :p.

I'm a lefty, but without documentation, I can't support this assertion :p.
Doesn't matter if you do or don't.

You get people like kaz who made a statement that he could not back up about me, then attacked me for questioning his bold assertion without evidence.

Troll like that are dealt with sharply, then I move on.

So when I ask you to back up your shit and you don't, you're admitting you can't? Interesting. Not interesting you can't, interesting you finally admitted that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back