No substance rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when I ask you to back up your shit and you don't, you're admitting you can't? Interesting. Not interesting you can't, interesting you finally admitted that

I think you are great, man.

You just need to lighten up on the hostility.

You get people like kaz who made a statement that he could not back up about me, then attacked me for questioning his bold assertion without evidence.

Troll like that are dealt with sharply, then I move on.

So when I ask you to back up your shit and you don't, you're admitting you can't? Interesting. Not interesting you can't, interesting you finally admitted that
You made the claim, I kicked your butt asking for evidence, and now, you ask me for evidence.

kaz, I did not realize you were that stupid.

I think you are great, man.

You just need to lighten up on the hostility.

I do? Fuck you and the fart that blew you in. Hmm ... maybe that wasn't it ...

You get people like kaz who made a statement that he could not back up about me, then attacked me for questioning his bold assertion without evidence.

You made the claim, I kicked your butt asking for evidence, and now, you ask me for evidence.

Got it. So when you make a claim and I ask you to back up your shit and you don't, you're "admitting you can't."

The hard right cons were using the neg rep to punish and drive away their opponents.

Stats figured out how to use the system against them, and we broke the hard right.

The mods then, on suggestion, took away the neg rep, and the hard right has been crying ever since.

There actually is more debate now and while there is much whining, it is less than before.

Don't act like it wasn't a two way street. Both sides abused it.

The hard right cons were using the neg rep to punish and drive away their opponents.

Stats figured out how to use the system against them, and we broke the hard right.

The mods then, on suggestion, took away the neg rep, and the hard right has been crying ever since.

There actually is more debate now and while there is much whining, it is less than before.
BS some of the biggest rep abusers on this board were left wing moonbats and their socks.
bluegin, you far righties were the worst by far; for every TM there were a dozen of you. You know it, we put it down. Period.

I'm a lefty, but without documentation, I can't support this assertion :p.
Doesn't matter if you do or don't.

What's I'm driving at is that anyone can make an assertion. Without documentation though, there's no evidence that it's true.

I was talking about something to use for empty and pointless posts, which is a little different than a "you suck!" rating.

I do not like negative ratings, because they are non-constructive and used to bully dissenters into silence. It does not appeal to me, because the tactic actually works on a lot of people, and I am trying to get across alternative views. Hard to have a discussion when everyone around you is scared of speaking.

Of course, that is kind of already the case. There are terror gangs on both sides that jump on you with tons of attacks, but I could almost get over that if they made substantive arguments and contributed to the discussion rather than using their petty loser tactics.

Thought I'd get in my views before some Moderator comes along and sends all these personal attacks to the Flame Zone or locks the thread.

The entire design of rules is to FORCE contribution to the topics in EVERY post. That applies in Zone2 (Politics, Religion, Enviro, Race, etc) . Because we can't stop the flaming and still claim we're free speech. So if you're seeing this behavior in THOSE forums --- it's simply Illegal. Doesn't need a "no substance" button. It needs Moderation attention.

That said -- we don't set a bar for contributions to the topic and analyze the on topic contribution to any great amount. If it refers to the topic given in the OP in ANY substantial way, you might see some flame come as a "side dish". If the flame becomes the "entree" --- then it's "likely" illegal.

So use the Report button when you see that in Zone2 forums.

Even in Zone3 --- like Cur Events --- Even tho there is no "relevant content" rule. If a person shows a PATTERN of disregarding the convo and/or the topic -- that's also illegal and usually classed as trolling.

Use the rules to improve the situation. .

And if y'all want to continue this thread here -- Cut the flaming and the sniping. :badgrin:

There's an Ignore option.
I put 3 useless empty heads on Ignore in the last 2 days.
Don't Ignore those who disagree with you, Ignore those who post only ad hominems.

Correction here...no one took away the rep system.

When we switched to the new software - it did not include rep, and we couldn't construct a reliable fix that would make it work.

I wouldn't mind rep being back - but I would change it so it was zeroed out at the end of the year and everyone started fresh again. Would at least give the newbies a fighting chance ;)

Got it. So when you make a claim and I ask you to back up your shit and you don't, you're "admitting you can't."
I don't have to rebut anything if you have made if it is an unevidenced assertion.

I don't deny it, but for every 1 TM there were 12 rebs.

Can you back up that assertion ;-)?

They are not interested in constructive discussion, only punishing those they don't like.

Publish in the CDZ forum, if you want to eliminate the nonsense. Someone who acts up can be put on vacation by a mod.

The Conspiracy Theories forum needs a CDZ forum of its own. Pretty sure conspiracy theories aren't allowed in the CDZ.

I don't see very many conspiracy theories being moved out of the politics section

I imagine any on 9/11 would be (that's my personal favourite, been studying it since around 2003). But personally, I'd want a place that's got CD Zone civility enforcement, otherwise the discussion tends to devolve into name calling.

80% of this site does not actually debate. They just insult you, meander, and resort to a variety of other petty debating tactics.

I usually get called an idiot (a very unoriginal insult) and my arguments get deflected, and then everyone starts ganging up and doing the same thing.

Go ahead and insult all you want, but at least give me something to respond to rather than forcing me to walk away or get involved in a flame war.

Wouldn't a "no substance" rating be wonderful? Something you could use on people who do not bring up any actual points of discussion in their post.
Why is this in A&F? The first three paragraphs are personal flaming.
That content does NOT belong here. The 4th paragraph is a request so yes it could.

Why is this in A&F? The first three paragraphs are personal flaming.
That content does NOT belong here. The 4th paragraph is a request so yes it could.

It is classically known as pretext.

You need to establish a narrative and lead people up towards the proposal for it to carry weight.

Can you back up that assertion ;-)?
Nope, but for the old timers on the board, common knowledge reaffirms it. :lol:

It is disconcerting that on every internet forum, I only find a minority of individuals willing to hold a discussion.

And it never occurred to you that maybe the problem is YOU?

Please don't lecture me.

My interactions with you have been less than desirable. You ask me a series of several questions, and then give an uninspired insult at the end of your interrogation.

Please don't lecture me.

My interactions with you have been less than desirable. You ask me a series of several questions, and then give an uninspired insult at the end of your interrogation.
You and one other having recently joined here seem to be bent on attaining some power. The other wanted a civilian ruling class as a buffer between staff and members and BOTH sides shot that down.
We are simply NOT a board that is going to support ANYTHING that creates a tyrant.

And negative rep systems destroys members, boards and profits. If you do not like our system that is fine or our way well that is fine as well. But its OURS and we intend to keep it. If you are truly unhappy I suggest you load your U-haul and move it on down the road.

If "WE" are happy with OUR system and YOU are not it is not "US" that needs to change. It's YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back