No statue for Robert E Lee but black ex-con Marion Barry gets one.

What I find of more significance is how you bigots are whining about locals deciding whether or not they want a statue of someone. You want them to be forced to worship YOUR heroes against the people's will.

HAHAHA. You can't see how hypocritical you are , you dunce. It's you lefties who started this "take down the statues nonsense". THINK, white-hating racist.
I started no such thing, bigot.

I simply believe what conservatives have been saying ever since the Confederate flags and statues issue began. To wit, It should be left up to the states or the local municipalities.

See, you were all satisfied with that response back in the day when it meant the Confederates won.

But now that the tide of popular opinion has turned, you fucking show what insincere, hypocritical psuedocons you really are.

Well, yes, if they were from Germany or something then it wouldn't have been treason. However in 1861 the South was still a part of the USA. It never actually left. The Confederates declared, but it never actually happened. So they were still Americans and still committing treason.

That's what lincoln always said - he refused to recognize the CSA as a country and insisted the south was merely in rebellion. But that is weak. If Lincoln believed that he would have tried captured soldiers as criminals instead of setting up POW camps for them.

The south set up their own govt and constitution. They were a separate country.

I know you'll try and find any old loophole because it goes against your agenda, but the US Constitution is very specific about what treason is. If you are an American and you fight against the US govt it's treason. Nothing you can do or say can change this.

No liar, that's not what the constitution says. It says "Treason against the united states shall consist only of waging war against them". Does not say US govt. THINK

Well actually it says more. However it's impossible to secede from the Union without the consent of the US govt without basically waging war against them.

But I'm not really sure what point you're making. Are you trying to say you can wage war against the US govt while not waging war against the United States? If you are, I would suggest you think.

Well, yes, if they were from Germany or something then it wouldn't have been treason. However in 1861 the South was still a part of the USA. It never actually left. The Confederates declared, but it never actually happened. So they were still Americans and still committing treason.

That's what lincoln always said - he refused to recognize the CSA as a country and insisted the south was merely in rebellion. But that is weak. If Lincoln believed that he would have tried captured soldiers as criminals instead of setting up POW camps for them.

The south set up their own govt and constitution. They were a separate country.

The problem here is that we're dealing with US law. We're dealing with US law because US law was there BEFORE and there AFTER and DURING the Civil War. Those supporting the Confederacy are in the USA and they are under US law.

This is where your argument falls apart.

They TRIED to secede, but they didn't.

The Colonialists were traitors, but they got away with it because they won the war.

The Confederates were traitors and they lost.

They betrayed the country they were a part of, seceding illegally is treason no matter how you want to dress it up.

You could look on treason positively or negatively.

For example in the Catalan issue, no doubt those who are doing things to get independence are committing treason. That doesn't mean they shouldn't do it. In fact I support their treason.
Nope. They seceded and were overrun by the north. If Lee, et al, had attempted, as americans, to undermine the USA they'd be guilty of treason. But just as the colonials did, the south had established themselves as a nation state and fought to preserve that status.

Firstly, seceding is treason if done without the consent of the country.

So the rest of your fantasy doesn't matter. They committed treason.

I know how much you want this to be true, but the problem is you can only successfully secede from a country IF YOU WIN THE WAR or the other country lets you go.

Catalonia has seceded from Spain, they declared independence. So, why doesn't anyone accept their independence?

Also, the laws of the USA are what are important here. The Confederates were seen as US citizens by the US government and therefore committed treason as defined by the US government.

Since the South lost, and ended up back in the USA, they therefore committed treason. Those AMERICANS who support the Confederacy are supporting treason. Again, there's no way out of this. If a Russia supported the Confederacy, they wouldn't have committed treason. A Russian now who flies the confederate flag is not supporting treason.
Nope. The south were loyal to their states first just as the colonists were loyal to their colonies. Neither were acting to undermine their states/colonies. They were acting to protect their sovereignty.
You're indoctrinated.

It doesn't matter where they thought their loyalties lay.

The simple fact is that under US LAW, they committed treason. Spinning it any which way doesn't make it right.

I'm not indoctrinated at all. If you feel the need to say such things, it must be that you're struggling with your weak argument.

If an American declares themselves independent of the US (ie, not a US citizen) and then commits a crime, do they not actually commit the crime because they're not a US citizen?

Or to ask another way, if a Mexican kills someone, have they not committed a crime under US law?
If the intent was to undermine the north then your have treason, perhaps. But just as the colonists had no intention of overrunning the UK but rather desired to free themselves from British shackles, the south tried to do the same regarding an overbearing Fed.
Attaining sovereignty is not the equivalent of overthrow. The south wasn't overthrowing the USA.

It's about power. If you win you can do what you like, if you lose you are under the power of those who have the power, and they make the rules, and you break the rules you suffer.

The South broke the rules.

It is just so sad that Blacks are so racist. Or more accurately Black politicians are so racist. Martin Luther King Blvds. are among the most dangerous streets in America. Naming stuff after a low IQ piece of shit crack addict like Marion Barry is not a revenge on Whites that they hope would pacify rage filled Blacks, it just confuses them and makes them hate Western civilization even more.

They didnt have permission to secede and thats why they got beat into submission.

The tenth amendment gave states the right to secede. THINK
No it doesnt you stupid monkey. Show me where in the 10th amendment it says the states have the right to secede and break the "one nation indivisible" proclamation? If it takes congress to grant you statehood then you need congress to secede.

Last edited:
It is just so sad that Blacks are so racist. Or more accurately Black politicians are so racist. Martin Luther King Blvds. are among the most dangerous streets in America. Naming stuff after a low IQ piece of shit crack addict like Marion Barry is not a revenge on Whites that they hope would pacify rage filled Blacks, it just confuses them and makes them hate Western civilization even more.
Dont be a snowflake. These are Black people making decisions for their community. If it hurts your feelings then toughen up wimp. Better yet go to that community and try convincing them to put up a statue of a traitorous loser like Lee. See how far that goes. :laugh:

The problem here is that we're dealing with US law. We're dealing with US law because US law was there BEFORE and there AFTER and DURING the Civil War. Those supporting the Confederacy are in the USA and they are under US law.

The CSA was a foreign country. THINK, white-hating racist.

It's about power. If you win you can do what you like, if you lose you are under the power of those who have the power, and they make the rules, and you break the rules you suffer.

What rule did the south break.? The tenth amendment gave them the right to secede. The founding fathers who wrote the 10A were obviously secessionists themselves. THINK

No it doesnt you stupid monkey. Show me where in the 10th amendment it says the states have the right to secede and break the "one nation indivisible" proclamation? .

Are you saying the founding fathers did NOT think states had the right to secede??? The founding fathers seceded from england, you blithering idiot.!!!!

No it doesnt you stupid monkey. Show me where in the 10th amendment it says the states have the right to secede and break the "one nation indivisible" proclamation? .

Are you saying the founding fathers did NOT think states had the right to secede??? The founding fathers seceded from england, you blithering idiot.!!!!
Of course thats what I am saying you retarded monkey. The US didn't secede from Britain....they declared independence and had a revolution. I thought white people understood their own language? This is why I laugh when you claim to be smart. :laugh:

The CSA was a foreign country. THINK, white-hating racist.

According to who?

Well, NOT according to the USA. Which is what matters, because all of the Confederates (who survived and didn't run off) ended up back under US control after the war. This means the US's view of things is what counts, I've told you this countless times.

As the US's view counts and as the treason is against the US and as it's in the US Constitution, the Confederates committed treason against the USA. Had they won, they could have been like those who fought in the war of independence. Their treason against the British was null and void because the British never again controlled the areas where these people lived. It was still treason.

But I do notice how you avoid certain posts.

I asked a question about foreigners committing crimes in the US. If a foreign commits a crime in the US, is it not a crime?

There's a difference between being able to secede peacefully and with the consent of the US federal govt and doing it forcefully.

Think the UK leaving the EU... it's peaceful, done with the consent of both parties. The South didn't do this.

What rule did the south break.? The tenth amendment gave them the right to secede. The founding fathers who wrote the 10A were obviously secessionists themselves. THINK

Well, article 3 section 3, they waged war against their own country.

Texas v. White says unilateral secession is unconstitutional.

"the court ruled that, legally speaking, Texas had remained a United States state ever since it first joined the Union, despite its joining the Confederate States of America and its being under military rule at the time of the decision in the case."

"In deciding the merits of the bond issue, the court further held that the Constitution did not permit states to unilaterally secede from the United States, and that the ordinances of secession, and all the acts of the legislatures within seceding states intended to give effect to such ordinances, were "absolutely null""

Forum List

Back