Consumer spending highest since cash for clunkers

trying to save.....i buy used cars and drive them into the ground....

My primary vehicle is almost 12 years old, bought new. Has 28,000 miles on it. Goes to the dealer for maintenance every year. They keep trying to buy it back from me.

Last edited:
I don't know whether to think this is good or not. People are confident enough to spend their income, which is good, but savings is way down, which is bad. What say you, USMB?

US Savings Rate Crashes To 10 Year Lows As Spending Surges Most Since 'Cash For Clunkers'
Expectations of tax cuts, low energy costs, strong growth in investment portfolios, faith in new leadership, easy money, improving unemployment and domestic welfare numbers. And I'm sure stuff I don't even know about. This is a good exercise. It's important to dig in and see what the dynamics of it are. Personal finance is something that everyone should focus on improving and it should be emphasized during adolescence as key to supporting oneself.

I thank we are due a stock market correction......and it will be blamed on Trump. It's kind of fair since he is taking credit for the market now.

Always possible, but there is far less uncertainty in the market now than was present under Obama.

Forum List

Back