No statue for Robert E Lee but black ex-con Marion Barry gets one.

How can you explain this other than pure pro-black racism.?

DC Council Expected to Approve Statue of Former Mayor Marion Barry

oct 27 2017 Plans to erect a statue of former DC Mayor Marion Barry outside the Wilson Building are moving forward.

Vince Gray, the councilmember for Ward 7 and former Mayor of DC, said he expects the council vote to be unanimous in favor of installing the statue. “It’s the right thing to do,” Gray said.

Marion Barry served three separate times on the City Council, and a total of four terms as Mayor over a span of four decades. He was also known for his work in the civil rights movement. He was long hailed as a champion of the city’s poor, and was known for his programs creating city jobs for residents.

However, Barry’s legal troubles were just as much a part of his legacy. During his second term as mayor, he was captured in an FBI sting at a local hotel after he was caught on video smoking crack cocaine. He was convicted of cocaine possession and served a prison sentence. In later years, he was caught up in a series of legal problems involving tax evasion, traffic violations and conflict of interest accusations.

Barry died on November 23, 2014 at the age of 78.
Robert E. Lee?
Wasn’t he like a slaveholder who was a traitor who fought to destroy this country?
Robert E. Lee never owned a slave.
If you believe that then you have never owned any brains.
Awww did I rattle your cage. Everything that you are came from some commercial slave breeder. You are no different than a horse or cow. There are tons of records of breeding.
How could you rattle my cage by claiming Lee never owned any slaves? You made yourself look like an idiot but most of us already know this.
laugh.gif

oct 27 2017 Plans to erect a statue of former DC Mayor Marion Barry outside the Wilson Building are moving forward.

Vince Gray, the councilmember for Ward 7 and former Mayor of DC, said he expects the council vote to be unanimous in favor of installing the statue. “It’s the right thing to do,” Gray said.

Marion Barry served three separate times on the City Council, and a total of four terms as Mayor over a span of four decades. He was also known for his work in the civil rights movement. He was long hailed as a champion of the city’s poor, and was known for his programs creating city jobs for residents.

However, Barry’s legal troubles were just as much a part of his legacy. During his second term as mayor, he was captured in an FBI sting at a local hotel after he was caught on video smoking crack cocaine. He was convicted of cocaine possession and served a prison sentence. In later years, he was caught up in a series of legal problems involving tax evasion, traffic violations and conflict of interest accusations.

Robert E. Lee?
Wasn’t he like a slaveholder who was a traitor who fought to destroy this country?

And as far as we know Hitler never actually killed a Jew with his own hands.
The allegation was made that Lee owned slaves. He did not. He inherited a few slaves but having no use for them, freed the slaves immediately.

Robert E. Lee?

The allegation was made that Lee owned slaves. He did not. He inherited a few slaves but having no use for them, freed the slaves immediately.
How could he free slaves he didnt own? Are you really that retarded? You sound like a damn fool.
laugh.gif

Robert E. Lee - Wikipedia

"Lee owned a small number of slaves in his lifetime and considered himself a paternalistic master. However, he could also impose severe punishments for stealing, fighting, and especially for runaway slaves. Lee said very little in public about the institution of slavery. "

Last edited:
Robert E. Lee?
Awww did I rattle your cage. Everything that you are came from some commercial slave breeder. You are no different than a horse or cow. There are tons of records of breeding.
How could you rattle my cage by claiming Lee never owned any slaves? You made yourself look like an idiot but most of us already know this.
laugh.gif
Lee never owned slaves. You are likely the result of a breeding program.

Robert E. Lee?
laugh.gif
Lee never owned slaves. You are likely the result of a breeding program.
Lee owned slaves prior to the Civil War.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
As usual, the RWNJs are not interested in facts.

Lee should not be honored with a statue.

Barry - meh. some good, some bad. Wouldn't be my first choice but if it pisses off the rabid kkk alt right nazi fascist slime, that's got to count a a good thing.

Robert E. Lee?

Okay, good. However the allegation that Lee owned slaves was probably made to show he was bad, right, so by showing he didn't own slaves, does this show he was good and worthy of a statue?

I don't think so.

Robert E. Lee?

How could he free slaves he didnt own? Are you really that retarded?
laugh.gif

"Lee owned a small number of slaves in his lifetime and considered himself a paternalistic master. However, he could also impose severe punishments for stealing, fighting, and especially for runaway slaves. Lee said very little in public about the institution of slavery. "

Well personally I found Tipsycatlover's explanation quite easy to understand and makes sense. Certain doesn't deserve insults for making an argument.

Robert E. Lee?

laugh.gif

Well personally I found Tipsycatlover's explanation quite easy to understand and makes sense. Certain doesn't deserve insults for making an argument.
It doesnt make any sense. He had slaves prior to the ones his wife even inherited. I insulted it because it frequently says stupid things without checking the facts. How could he consider himself a paternalistic master if he didnt own slaves?

Robert E. Lee, slave owner

Last edited:

Well, one was fighting against the US military, committing treason and things like that.

The other was just a mayor who smoked something the people who believe in small govt want to say you can't do. Oh, and a civil rights activist.

You don't see the difference?

I'm sure you do. One was white and one was black and you don't understand why they'd want a statue of a black person, right?

Aren't they both liberals??

Greg

If slavery effected blacks, how come they don't get up early and work hard all day?

laugh.gif

It doesnt make any sense. He had slaves prior to the ones his wife even inherited. I insulted it because it frequently says stupid things without checking the facts. How could he consider himself a paternalistic master if he didnt own slaves?

Maybe it doesn't make any sense. As far as I can tell his father-in-law asked that his slaves be freed, and yet Lee didn't free them until the plantation was able to make money. You are dealing with the times, Lee used slaves, but also freed slaves and also thought slavery was bad, but also needed to make the plantation work.

However I really don't see this as an issue, and certainly not an issue to insult people about. You have your argument, make your argument.

The issue is that Lee was a General in a treasonous army.

Not only this but these people on the right are getting all angry about people kneeling at football matches, but don't get angry that the Confederates killed 140,000 US military personnel. That contradiction right there is ridiculous.

laugh.gif

Maybe it doesn't make any sense. As far as I can tell his father-in-law asked that his slaves be freed, and yet Lee didn't free them until the plantation was able to make money. You are dealing with the times, Lee used slaves, but also freed slaves and also thought slavery was bad, but also needed to make the plantation work.

However I really don't see this as an issue, and certainly not an issue to insult people about. You have your argument, make your argument.

Not only this but these people on the right are getting all angry about people kneeling at football matches, but don't get angry that the Confederates killed 140,000 US military personnel. That contradiction right there is ridiculous.
He also didnt free the slaves he got from his mother. Yet he claimed slavery was evil. I dont have much respect for someone that knows they are doing wrong yet keeps doing it. People like that lack the stuff that makes you a man. Also if drunkycat wants to try and insult me I see no reason not to insult it back.

Robert E. Lee?

How could he free slaves he didnt own? Are you really that retarded? You sound like a damn fool.
laugh.gif

Completely wrong. Lee never owned slaves. He inherited a few slaves from his wife's estate and freed them.

He was life long military and had no use for slaves.

What Robert E. Lee Wrote to The Times About Slavery in 1858

Robert E. Lee?

laugh.gif

Completely wrong. Lee never owned slaves. He inherited a few slaves from his wife's estate and freed them.

He was life long military and had no use for slaves.

What Robert E. Lee Wrote to The Times About Slavery in 1858
All that link says is he is not selling his wifes slaves. It says nothing about his slaves.

"He wrote that the people enslaved on his family’s property, in what was then known as Alexandria County, were not “being sold South,” as had been reported. And he implied that he would free them within five years."

I am assuming you were too stupid to read the link I provided earlier so I will post it again.

"First, Lee owned his own slaves through inheritance from his mother, while admittedly gaining much more such “property” through his marriage. Second, Lee ably stepped up to the slave master’s role on behalf of his wife: “The Arlington slaves found Lee to be a more stringent taskmaster” than his predecessor, according to the National Park Service’s Arlington House Web site and other sources.

Mary’s father, George Washington Parke Custis, ordered his slaves freed upon his death in 1857, provided the estate was deemed financially sound, or by no later than five years afterward. Lee argued in court that Arlington required its slaves for that full five years. He also personally directed the whippings of runaway slaves and “hired out” slaves, including boys and girls, to other landowners for use of their labor."

laugh.gif

He also didnt free the slaves he got from his mother. Yet he claimed slavery was evil. I dont have much respect for someone that knows they are doing wrong yet keeps doing it. People like that lack the stuff that makes you a man. Also if drunkycat wants to try and insult me I see no reason not to insult it back.
But it is such fun yanking your chain. Almost as if there's a collar around your neck. I don't sit around searching for ways to make you itch but when I find one, I use it. You never fail to disappoint.

Anybody who went to Africa in those days would have thought blacks were some kind of monkey people

Forum List

Back