No Republican nominee has ever won all of the different states Donald Trump has

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Still think he can't win? ;)

Donald Trump is the preferred presidential candidate of moderate Republicans in New Hampshire and Massachusetts, as well as very conservative ones in Georgia and Alabama. He's racked up enough support across the board and leveraged a splintered field to win -- as of writing -- every state except Iowa. Going back to 1960, well before all of the states regularly weighed in on the nomination, no Republican nominee has won the states of Alabama, Georgia, Massachusetts, Tennessee, New Hampshire, Nevada, Virginia and South Carolina.

11059474_10153607630741051_7594649827514576114_n.jpg

Get ready for president Donald Trump.

Donald Trump is the preferred presidential candidate of moderate Republicans in New Hampshire and Massachusetts, as well as very conservative ones in Georgia and Alabama. He's racked up enough support across the board and leveraged a splintered field to win -- as of writing -- every state except Iowa. Going back to 1960, well before all of the states regularly weighed in on the nomination, no Republican nominee has won the states of Alabama, Georgia, Massachusetts, Tennessee, New Hampshire, Nevada, Virginia and South Carolina.
Should be a sign to certain people how sick the people are of the status quo.

• Banned

The schisms Trump and Sanders have created aren't going to go away; they've started something. People are over it.

I notice something else. Even though no other candidate won them all, with the exception of 1996 running against a strong incumbent, the ones that came the closest. 1980 with Reagan, 1988 with Bush Sr., 2000 with W. all resulted with WINNING nominees. 2008 and 2012 look like the prescription for a losing candidate.

Nomination by state.png

FTR, this isn't all the maps from the article...go to the article for more complete listing.

I don't think anybody (that has been paying attention to the election and has half a brain) argues that Trump can win. The issue is that they are frightened of the consequences of him winning.

The schisms Trump and Sanders have created aren't going to go away; they've started something. People are over it.
Things were already started the naysayers thinking business as usual just try to deny what is right in front of their noses.

I don't think anybody (that has been paying attention to the election and has half a brain) argues that Trump can win. The issue is that they are frightened of the consequences of him winning.
I would have agreed with that assessment some months ago.

However, those same people, myself included, said there was no way he could win the primary either. I never expected him to get out the gates much less take super Tuesday.

I no longer count Trump out of anything including the general - no matter what I think of a Trump presidency.

Trump projected to win Massachusetts.

Dayum.

Ya'll white folks be real mad, yo!

DO NOT underestimate the anger in black communities. After decades of hitching their wagon to the lame as Democrats a guy like Trump is precisely the type of candidate they might support. The two idiots running for the Democratic nomination are making the same old empty promises of government hand outs, Trump is promising jobs and a future that doesn't suck cradle to grave.

Trump projected to win Massachusetts.

Dayum.

Ya'll white folks be real mad, yo!

DO NOT underestimate the anger in black communities. After decades of hitching their wagon to the lame as Democrats a guy like Trump is precisely the type of candidate they might support. The two idiots running for the Democratic nomination are making the same old empty promises of government hand outs, Trump is promising jobs and a future that doesn't suck cradle to grave.

Yep, you see how the Democrats just Assumes they have the black folks all rounded up on their party's plantation? Black people should be offended the way to talk like they OWN them.

Yep, you see how the Democrats just Assumes they have the black folks all rounded up on their party's plantation? Black people should be offended the way to talk like they OWN them.

Being referred to as Clinton's "firewall" would piss me off.

Forum List

Back