GOP Senator: Even If Trump Meant It On The KKK, He's Still A Better Choice Than A Democrat

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
WASHINGTON -- Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.) argued Tuesday that even if Donald Trump's controversial remarks about the KKK and David Duke were intentional, rather than a gaffe induced by a faulty earpiece, he's still a better choice for president than former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton or Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

On Sunday, Trump was asked three times whether he would disavow the support of David Duke, a leading white supremacist. Three times, he dodged the question. He has since said he couldn't entirely hear the question, an assertion that is difficult to believe, given that Trump repeated Duke's name in his own answer at the time. (Trump later tweeted that he does indeed disavow Duke, although a number of white supremacists don't believe he meant it.)

Rounds' quote:

"Even if you're disappointed with the way he's responding to things, even if you're mad at him, you disagree with him, if he did it intentionally -- I don't think he did, I think he just made a mistake -- even if he did, they're still going to do a better job with him there than if you had Hillary or Bernie in his place."​

More: GOP Senator: Even If Trump Meant It On The KKK, He's Still A Better Choice Than A Democrat

As someone who used to vote more Republican than Democrat - I find Rounds' remarks especially repulsive.

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.) argued Tuesday that even if Donald Trump's controversial remarks about the KKK and David Duke were intentional, rather than a gaffe induced by a faulty earpiece, he's still a better choice for president than former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton or Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

On Sunday, Trump was asked three times whether he would disavow the support of David Duke, a leading white supremacist. Three times, he dodged the question. He has since said he couldn't entirely hear the question, an assertion that is difficult to believe, given that Trump repeated Duke's name in his own answer at the time. (Trump later tweeted that he does indeed disavow Duke, although a number of white supremacists don't believe he meant it.)

Rounds' quote:

"Even if you're disappointed with the way he's responding to things, even if you're mad at him, you disagree with him, if he did it intentionally -- I don't think he did, I think he just made a mistake -- even if he did, they're still going to do a better job with him there than if you had Hillary or Bernie in his place."​

More: GOP Senator: Even If Trump Meant It On The KKK, He's Still A Better Choice Than A Democrat

As someone who used to vote more Republican than Democrat - I find Rounds' remarks especially repulsive.

Conservatives you don't have to wonder why the rest of the world thinks you are racist. Your party continually says crap like this.

Take-----a-----hint.

FDR thumbed his nose at Americans when he appointed a former member of the KKK to the Supreme Court. Justice Black paid him back by his majority opinion that authorized the incarceration of Japanese American citizens. Democrats supported former KKK member Robert Byrd for several decades.

At least Trump doesn't claim to believe in white supremacy...

I think Jezy has gone beyond just believing in white supremacy. She thinks she's the queen and all else should bow or be sent away by whatever means possible to her.

For those of you trying to spin this - the man said what he said in the OP. It's a fact. Deal with it. Even Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are both fed up with GOP racism.

Same Ol Same Ol, Liberals retreat to their comfort zone "Republicans are Racists, Republicans are Nazis." Grow up.

You say that like its a misunderstanding . It's not ! Racist is as racist does .

Rounds' quote:

And he is exactly right.

Trumps fuck up would have been unintentional while the democrats intentionally divide this country by race and gender with every election.

For those of you trying to spin this - the man said what he said in the OP. It's a fact. Deal with it. Even Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are both fed up with GOP racism.
Trump disavowed David Duke and the KKK...

Hillary admitted SHE believes in white supremacy....

NOW who is the racist????

No, Hillary never admitted such nonsense - and no doctored tape can make it so.

Rounds' quote:

Democrats are as racist as they come.

Hillary gets a pass for calling young black men "super predators" by her fans. Introduces Senator KKK Byrd as her mentor and the D's have no problem with it.

Hypocrite thy name is Democrat.

No, Hillary never admitted such nonsense - and no doctored tape can make it so.
All you have to do is watch the video....

It's obvious she actually made the statement...

Rounds' quote:

I saw your post title and thought you had been seduced by the DARKSIDE☠

whew.gif

Whew!

Rounds' quote:

It's also partisan idiocy.

I don't think you have much of a position to complain about Trump's KKK comments when you are cheering for a woman who praises a KKK grandmaster as a mentor.

Trump wasn't asked about the KKK, he was asked about WN activists. The KKK is not an organized, singular movement anymore. There was no statement by the KKK at all. David Duke is not a member of the KKK. Jewish moguls wanted Trump to clarify if he's anti-white and pro Jewish, or pro-Jewish and anti-white. He refused to give an answer. That's why you dishonest liberals are throwing a fit. Same with treasonous republicans.

Forum List

Back