No One Has a Right to Health Care

King James version of the Bible says -

1. Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

2Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.

3Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

4Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.

5Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.

6Ye have condemnedand killed the just; andhe doth not resist you.

Is this a good identifier that outlines some of the ways of man ?

Apples and oranges.

During biblical times, there were only the rich and the poor. There was no capitalism, middle-class nor were there any social programs.

In the past, liberals have (from time to time) used the phrase "A camel to pass through the eye of a needle" to try and make the same point as you. So I looked it up.

Turns out money is not evil at all. Where that quote came from was the belief that money separated man from God back in those days. Money was such an obsession that many focused on material things over heavenly things.

Fast forward to today, and one has to ask who takes better care of their poor than the USA? On average, our poor live in larger homes with more amenities than the average European worker.

So we feed our poor with so much food they grow overweight. We put them in HUD homes sometimes in the suburbs with working people. They get free education and medial care under Medicaid. They have more children because those children are not the liability of the parent(s) they are a liability to taxpayers. Hell, they even have cell phones. Wouldn't Jesus be proud of that???

In some studies, it was found that welfare pays better than a job. In NYC for example, a person on all welfare programs makes more in cash equivalent than a starting school teacher.

This is not to mention that we in the USA are the most generous country on earth. Besides our tax money going to foreign entities, private donations also feed the world.

But that's not enough I guess. Now we need free medical care and college, and people want to use the Bible to squeeze even more water out of that sponge.
None of your words have true heartfelt meaning, because you keep trying to use a select few, and the mismanagement of their cases to justify not doing right by anyone. This is the tactic used, but people who are legitimate cases, are not to be grouped in with your stereotypical ideas of why nothing should be done to help fix a problem in society. I was researching a possible symptom that a friend asked me to look up for them, and while I was looking I saw this by a person seeking advice also -

"I have been having trouble digesting my food properly, I throw up usually within 15 minutes after I wake up and the contents of my vomit usually include undigested food from the day before. Usually meats and vegetables. I also have muscle weakness and weight loss, but I assumed that would be attributed to the digestion problems. I haven’t been able to see a doctor because I just started a new job and my insurance won’t kick in for another month a half.
I’m afraid to go to the free clinic and get diagnosed with something that I will have to disclose to the insurance company that would cause them to deny me coverage.
Not sure what to do.
Thank you for the concern and the help though…

Is this one of you snakes typical bums you describe ?

So why didn't your friend go on Obama Care and have coverage????
That wasn't my friend Ray... I don't know who that was. He or she was found to be in the search once landed upon the page of reviews for the condition. I thought it ironic though when I found that.

1. Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

3Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

4Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.

5Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.

Apples and oranges.

During biblical times, there were only the rich and the poor. There was no capitalism, middle-class nor were there any social programs.

In the past, liberals have (from time to time) used the phrase "A camel to pass through the eye of a needle" to try and make the same point as you. So I looked it up.

Turns out money is not evil at all. Where that quote came from was the belief that money separated man from God back in those days. Money was such an obsession that many focused on material things over heavenly things.

Fast forward to today, and one has to ask who takes better care of their poor than the USA? On average, our poor live in larger homes with more amenities than the average European worker.

So we feed our poor with so much food they grow overweight. We put them in HUD homes sometimes in the suburbs with working people. They get free education and medial care under Medicaid. They have more children because those children are not the liability of the parent(s) they are a liability to taxpayers. Hell, they even have cell phones. Wouldn't Jesus be proud of that???

In some studies, it was found that welfare pays better than a job. In NYC for example, a person on all welfare programs makes more in cash equivalent than a starting school teacher.

This is not to mention that we in the USA are the most generous country on earth. Besides our tax money going to foreign entities, private donations also feed the world.

But that's not enough I guess. Now we need free medical care and college, and people want to use the Bible to squeeze even more water out of that sponge.
None of your words have true heartfelt meaning, because you keep trying to use a select few, and the mismanagement of their cases to justify not doing right by anyone. This is the tactic used, but people who are legitimate cases, are not to be grouped in with your stereotypical ideas of why nothing should be done to help fix a problem in society. I was researching a possible symptom that a friend asked me to look up for them, and while I was looking I saw this by a person seeking advice also -

"I have been having trouble digesting my food properly, I throw up usually within 15 minutes after I wake up and the contents of my vomit usually include undigested food from the day before. Usually meats and vegetables. I also have muscle weakness and weight loss, but I assumed that would be attributed to the digestion problems. I haven’t been able to see a doctor because I just started a new job and my insurance won’t kick in for another month a half.
I’m afraid to go to the free clinic and get diagnosed with something that I will have to disclose to the insurance company that would cause them to deny me coverage.
Not sure what to do.

That wasn't my friend Ray... I don't know who that was. He or she was found to be in the search once landed upon the page of reviews for the condition. I thought it ironic though when I found that.

Well, you talk about a "select few" and then bring that story up?

Sure we have problems with our healthcare system; we always will, but Commie Care nor Socialized medical care is the answer; that is unless you can tell me of a successful government healthcare program that is working flawlessly now.

And just when is enough for poor people? When they can have homes in upper-middle-class communities? When they can have in ground swimming pools? When they drive new cars? Free healthcare, free college, free everything else?

"Tell me how much is YOUR fair share of what somebody else worked for?"
Thomas Sowell

Am I correct if I say that if 300,000,000.00 citizens were to get covered, and at $5.00 each, it would put 1 billion 500,000,000.00 per week in the pot for coverage ? Then you have millions who are healthy that would'nt use the coverage or abuse it right ? So you mean to tell me that we can't be better off with a basic insurance plan that works for all ?

Apples and oranges.

Not sure what to do.

Sure we have problems with our healthcare system; we always will, but Commie Care nor Socialized medical care is the answer; that is unless you can tell me of a successful government healthcare program that is working flawlessly now.

And just when is enough for poor people? When they can have homes in upper-middle-class communities? When they can have in ground swimming pools? When they drive new cars? Free healthcare, free college, free everything else?

Thomas Sowell
You forget that your not talking to a Democrat Ray. You still want to try and use anything and everything to stop from fixing the problems?... You capitulated on the nothing's perfect analogy, because the private system isn't perfect or working in a lot of cases either, but you want nothing to try and change it Ray ?

Apples and oranges.

Not sure what to do.

Thomas Sowell
You forget that your not talking to a Democrat Ray. You still want to try and use anything and everything to stop from fixing the problems?... You capitulated on the nothing's perfect analogy, because the private system isn't perfect or working in a lot of cases either, but you want nothing to try and change it Ray ?

This has been discussed repeatedly.

Of course I want change and you are correct, the old system was not working either. But you don't take something that isn't working and make it worse.

The first step to addressing our medical care problem is cost. That's it. Nobody has addressed that as of yet including you. You just "assume" that your ideas would bring down costs without offering one iota of proof. Well, we heard that before--from the Obama administration when he was trying to sell Commie Care, and what happened?

There are many ways to address costs that I don't have time to list all, but I will list a few right now:

The first thing we have to do is make sure government pays full price for the care of their patients. Currently and in the past, government has ripped off providers for services rendered. Those institutions need to make up that loss somewhere, and that somewhere is higher prices that insurance companies had to pay. In return, they increased prices of their premiums and insurance became unaffordable for companies and individuals.

What would it take to do this? It would take a severe increase in Medicare deductions from our paychecks. No, nobody will like it, but that's one of the only ways.

Secondly we need to start listening to our insurance companies instead of politicians. Read what they have to say about paying these bills. Making payments to providers is loaded with so much red tape that it takes crews of people to process the paperwork. This is why we need a mandatory savings account for all working people. It doesn't have to be much, say 2% for younger people, 5% for middle-aged people and perhaps 7% for elderly people like myself. This way when you need minor medical care, you bypass the insurance companies saving them tons of money. It would be like a debit card where you simply swipe the card for payment out of your account, and insurance only kicks in after you exhausted that account.

Again, many more ways of changing this system, but these are at the top of my list.

Not sure what to do.

Thomas Sowell

Of course I want change and you are correct, the old system was not working either. But you don't take something that isn't working and make it worse.

The first step to addressing our medical care problem is cost. That's it. Nobody has addressed that as of yet including you. You just "assume" that your ideas would bring down costs without offering one iota of proof. Well, we heard that before--from the Obama administration when he was trying to sell Commie Care, and what happened?

There are many ways to address costs that I don't have time to list all, but I will list a few right now:

The first thing we have to do is make sure government pays full price for the care of their patients. Currently and in the past, government has ripped off providers for services rendered. Those institutions need to make up that loss somewhere, and that somewhere is higher prices that insurance companies had to pay. In return, they increased prices of their premiums and insurance became unaffordable for companies and individuals.

What would it take to do this? It would take a severe increase in Medicare deductions from our paychecks. No, nobody will like it, but that's one of the only ways.

Secondly we need to start listening to our insurance companies instead of politicians. Read what they have to say about paying these bills. Making payments to providers is loaded with so much red tape that it takes crews of people to process the paperwork. This is why we need a mandatory savings account for all working people. It doesn't have to be much, say 2% for younger people, 5% for middle-aged people and perhaps 7% for elderly people like myself. This way when you need minor medical care, you bypass the insurance companies saving them tons of money. It would be like a debit card where you simply swipe the card for payment out of your account, and insurance only kicks in after you exhausted that account.

Again, many more ways of changing this system, but these are at the top of my list.
. The problem is will the insurance company cause the account to go broke, by holding back until almost the last breath of the patient/client happens ? No one wants to pay, and that is a huge problem. I agree that in the system I was talking about, the government must pay when services are rendered... Period. Now if a dispute arises then OK, but they should pay and then bring the provider before a court or board to determine whether to blacklist them or not.

All Americans should have a right to a basic insurance plan that is paid for with a deduction out of their incomes. It should be a plan that covers the basic life sustaining needs of the American. Extra coverage should be allowed to be purchased outside of the government plan, because the government is not a dictatorship and should never be a dictatorship.

No one has a "right" to reach into anyone else's wallet. It's armed robbery
. Well what do you call it when the greed driven rich (the ones who do this in what are way to many these days), use their power and influence to rob and abuse the ones who can't defend against it ? There are countless examples of them abusing their power, but that doesn't count huh ? So when government is called in to help drive a wedge in between the two, then the government becomes that bad guy. Look I am not for socialism or dictatorships etc., but I am also not for the lower rungs on the ladder being stepped on by those who would do such a thing, and all because they (the weak), can't resist them. There has to be a balancing in society, and it can't be that the rich and powerful can abuse their power without consequence. If we want to go back to the plantation age of the 1800's then just say so.

Greed is earning your own money. It's not your using guns to take money from the people who earned it. That canard is just tired at this point comrade.

And fraud and stealing are crimes. You can prove it, prove it it doesn't justify taking a gun and taking it from someone you haven't proven ever did anything wrong

All Americans should have a right to a basic insurance plan that is paid for with a deduction out of their incomes. It should be a plan that covers the basic life sustaining needs of the American. Extra coverage should be allowed to be purchased outside of the government plan, because the government is not a dictatorship and should never be a dictatorship.

. Well what do you call it when the greed driven rich (the ones who do this in what are way to many these days), use their power and influence to rob and abuse the ones who can't defend against it ? There are countless examples of them abusing their power, but that doesn't count huh ? So when government is called in to help drive a wedge in between the two, then the government becomes that bad guy. Look I am not for socialism or dictatorships etc., but I am also not for the lower rungs on the ladder being stepped on by those who would do such a thing because they can't resist them. There has to be a balancing in society, and it can't be that the rich and powerful can abuse their power without consequence. If we want to go back to the plantation age of the 1800's then just say so.

Identify the right that the "bad guys" are stepping on?

Beagle wants a bigger TV and the greedy bastards won't buy it for him. he also wants to be a woman and they won't pay for the sex change. And they won't pay for his hair transplants or Viagra. Condoms? He's paying for them his own freaking self, it's not right. I mean he's paying for his own food and his own freaking visit to the doctor.

Meanwhile, greedy bastards who have the money he wants are spending the money they earned on their own selfish selves instead of giving it to him.

Gansta knows how to fix that problem, guns, baby. And government knows how to use them to get him what he wants. You just gotta elect the right guy to do it for you. It's all nice and clean, no fuss, no muss, free stuff...

Thomas Sowell

. The problem is will the insurance company cause the account to go broke, by holding back until almost the last breath of the patient/client happens ? No one wants to pay, and that is a huge problem. I agree that in the system I was talking about, the government must pay when services are rendered... Period. Now if a dispute arises then OK, but they should pay and then bring the provider before a court or board to determine whether to blacklist them or not.

You have to consider when we need the most care and the most expensive care: when we are older.

So it's pretty easy to calculate the losses hospitals and doctors take when it comes to Medicare. Then add Medicaid to the mix and government creates a huge problem.

Obama and the Democrats never addressed this cost problem. In fact, DumBama stole money from Medicare to make his scam work. Now Medicare has less money than before and we are all paying for it whether we use Commie Care or not.

In essence, what DumBama did was pay off one credit card with another. Nothing was solved. The bill didn't go down, it just got shifted to other entities.

So before we do anything to solve this problem, the first thing we have to do is reverse everything the Democrats did, and start from scratch. This may take years and years depending on how people vote, and even then, it might not be dismantled at all. It created a huge problem for our healthcare system.

Almost all UK hospitals are in the red due to NHS crunch

The U.K. National Health Society’s (NHS) ongoing financial problems are jeopardizing almost all of England’s hospitals, according to a special report from BBC.

The moral of the story is that socialized medicine does NOT work.

Being rich is the only thing that works in this country. If adjusted for inflation ordinary people in America are still working for 1970's wages. In the late 40's and 50's a corporate executive made about 12-15 times what a carpenter or plumber earned. By the 1970's that had grown to about 100 times as much. In 2012 an average CEO made about 550 times what an ordinary American earned. I know there's no way they will feel ashamed so I feel ashamed for them.
To show you what hypocrites they are, this is the same people who vote with a group who claim to believe in the new testament. The new testament teaches emphatically that people with a lot of money will burn in eternal hell.

inequality-p25_averagehouseholdincom.png

Luke 16:19-31King James Version (KJV)

19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Last edited:

. Well what do you call it when the greed driven rich (the ones who do this in what are way to many these days), use their power and influence to rob and abuse the ones who can't defend against it ? There are countless examples of them abusing their power, but that doesn't count huh ? So when government is called in to help drive a wedge in between the two, then the government becomes that bad guy. Look I am not for socialism or dictatorships etc., but I am also not for the lower rungs on the ladder being stepped on by those who would do such a thing, and all because they (the weak), can't resist them. There has to be a balancing in society, and it can't be that the rich and powerful can abuse their power without consequence. If we want to go back to the plantation age of the 1800's then just say so.

Why don't you give us a few examples of how the rich do this?

In the US, everybody has an option. If you don't like who you work for, you can work for somebody else. If you can't make a good enough living turning nuts onto bolts or washing floors, you can always learn a trade, open up your own business, or even get a vocational education.
Who you talking to Ray ? Are your applications or theories to apply to every single American in your opinion Ray ? I guess no one ever faces hard times where hard decisions have to be made eh ? You did it all yourself did you Ray ? Never needed any help did you Ray ? Where were you educated Ray ? Was it in a public school Ray ? When you leave your home, do you ride down a wagon trail or a paved road with culverts and ditches Ray ? I could go on and on Ray.

What cracks me up is how then you turn around and call republicans "black and white." Too funny

Greed is earning your own money. It's not your using guns to take money from the people who earned it. That canard is just tired at this point comrade.

And fraud and stealing are crimes. You can prove it, prove it it doesn't justify taking a gun and taking it from someone you haven't proven ever did anything wrong
. Why are you so selfish, that you care about no one but yourself in life ? Greed is not just earning your own money, but rather it is the taking of more than you have earned, and when this happens it is robbing from someone else. The greedy are somehow smart enough though, to keep everyone just one step behind them and their bull crap.

You know if people were more decent human beings in their lives than what they are these days, then the balance in society would be more acceptable to most. Now how to fix that in order to change the mindset of the nation is really tough. Once peoples minds become so greedy and corrupt, then government becomes stronger and stronger trying to counter it, and to keep the fall out to a minimum. The situation we have today in this nation is the result of a colliding of issues over time, and the result of people trying to seperate themselves from it all by ways of their gathering up as much as they can, then storing it in barns, and watching as a nation simply explodes from within.

The worse thing that has become the norm is this attitude of hey I got mine, and who gives a care about you? Many people are able to live with that, but their are those whom still want to help out and do the right thing in life. Now there is great problems that have resulted from class warfare in this nation, but sooner or later people have got to face the issues found within it all.

I personally think that if we had a government run by people we could trust, and it offered us an insurance plan that would be taken out of our incomes, and it only cost us around &5.00 dollars a week for a basic life sustaining coverage, then all the citizens would have absolutely no problem with it. Then what the basic plan doesn't cover, additional coverage should be purchased separately. Being a citizen of this United States should have some good things about it.... The sad thing today, is that if the bad people had their complete way today, like many haters do wish for, they would crush this nation completely due their greed.

Last edited:

In the US, everybody has an option. If you don't like who you work for, you can work for somebody else. If you can't make a good enough living turning nuts onto bolts or washing floors, you can always learn a trade, open up your own business, or even get a vocational education.
Who you talking to Ray ? Are your applications or theories to apply to every single American in your opinion Ray ? I guess no one ever faces hard times where hard decisions have to be made eh ? You did it all yourself did you Ray ? Never needed any help did you Ray ? Where were you educated Ray ? Was it in a public school Ray ? When you leave your home, do you ride down a wagon trail or a paved road with culverts and ditches Ray ? I could go on and on Ray.

What cracks me up is how then you turn around and call republicans "black and white." Too funny
. Huh?

. Thanks Ray if this is a lie, because we don't need lies.

It is a lie. If you read the article, part of that figure included those who were using dope, alcoholics and gambling addiction. The study included those social problems as medical conditions. Something tells me that they didn't go into bankruptcy for medical bills alone.

. Why are you so selfish, that you care about no one but yourself in life ? Greed is not just earning your own money, but rather it is the taking of more than you have earned, and when this happens it is robbing from someone else. The greedy are somehow smart enough though, to keep everyone just one step behind them and their bull crap.

You know if people were more decent human beings in their lives than what they are these days, then the balance in society would be more acceptable to most. Now how to fix that in order to change the mindset of the nation is really tough. Once peoples minds become so greedy and corrupt, then government becomes stronger and stronger trying to counter it, and to keep the fall out to a minimum. The situation we have today in this nation is the result of a colliding of issues over time, and the result of people trying to seperate themselves from it all by ways of their gathering up as much as they can, then storing it in barns, and watching as a nation simply explodes from within.

The worse thing that has become the norm is this attitude of hey I got mine, and who gives a care about you? Many people are able to live with that, but their are those whom still want to help out and do the right thing in life. Now there is great problems that have resulted from class warfare in this nation, but sooner or later people have got to face the issues found within it all.

I personally think that if we had a government run by people we could trust, and it offered us an insurance plan that would be taken out of our incomes, and it only cost us around &5.00 dollars a week for a basic life sustaining coverage, then all the citizens would have absolutely no problem with it. Then what the basic plan doesn't cover, additional coverage should be purchased separately. Being a citizen of this United States should have some good things about it, and if people had their way today like many haters do wish for, they would crush this nation completely.

I'm "selfish" because I want to decide who to help with my money rather than those who want my money taking it from me by force and doing what they want with it. You aren't selfish, wanting to decide what to do with the money I earned, I'm selfish for wanting to decide what to do with the money I earned.

Got it. go on, I'm writing this down

. Well what do you call it when the greed driven rich (the ones who do this in what are way to many these days), use their power and influence to rob and abuse the ones who can't defend against it ? There are countless examples of them abusing their power, but that doesn't count huh ? So when government is called in to help drive a wedge in between the two, then the government becomes that bad guy. Look I am not for socialism or dictatorships etc., but I am also not for the lower rungs on the ladder being stepped on by those who would do such a thing because they can't resist them. There has to be a balancing in society, and it can't be that the rich and powerful can abuse their power without consequence. If we want to go back to the plantation age of the 1800's then just say so.

Identify the right that the "bad guys" are stepping on?

Beagle wants a bigger TV and the greedy bastards won't buy it for him. he also wants to be a woman and they won't pay for the sex change. And they won't pay for his hair transplants or Viagra. Condoms? He's paying for them his own freaking self, it's not right. I mean he's paying for his own food and his own freaking visit to the doctor.

Meanwhile, greedy bastards who have the money he wants are spending the money they earned on their own selfish selves instead of giving it to him.

Gansta knows how to fix that problem, guns, baby. And government knows how to use them to get him what he wants. You just gotta elect the right guy to do it for you. It's all nice and clean, no fuss, no muss, free stuff...
. You are why the Republicans (if you claim to be one) are so stereotypical of a bunch of greedy heartless human beings as according to huge numbers in this nation now. Like I said before, what would you people do if you didn't have the poor folks in society to blanket label as being just bad people all around in society, and so you do this in order to cover up how you were out to steal from them in which made them poor in many cases also ? What you have stolen in the past from the system that you controlled with the help of government, and that you set up to get away with has been revealed. Now you all do flips just to keep the rest of the nation from knowing exactly how bad you really are in life, and it has come out over time now, and that is why you have lost elections for way to long when it comes to fixing things. The so called establishment Republican party needs to disenfranchise itself from some bad cats if they want to win the nation back, but as is being seen now, a Democrat in a repub shirt is actually who has to win it for the Republicans (I.e. Donald Trump), because they are to ignorant to win it with one of their own (I.e. Jeb Bush) or some others who have since fallen by the wayside..

. Huh?

That's priceless, you didn't get that? Your standard was "every single American" and "no one ever" and "all by yourself" and "never needed" and you don't get my reference to black and white thinking? LOL

Forum List

Back