No justice for Kate Steinle's family

It was California man.

Actually. CA usually comes down pretty hard on people who kill other people with a stolen gun, even if by accident.
Horseshit. They let OJ go. Dumbasses!

Couldn't you come up with a case that was even remotely similar? O.J. Did not use a stolen gun. The killings were obviously intentional, voluntary murder. There was no illegal immigrant involved, nor was there any illegally stolen weapon used. O. J. was a media star. etc., etc., etc.

You're looking at it from the wrong perspective.

This case and OJ are similar in the sense that they make right-wingers feel outraged.

I am certainly no right winger, and I am outraged, too....but at the prosecutors who failed to do their jobs.

It's the way our system works. It's better than any alternative I've ever heard of.

Who wants open borders?
Democrats! All people who refer to illegals as immigrants and not illegal immigrants. I think that may include you.

Really? I think I referred to them as illegal immigrants but suit yourself.

You still haven't shown me anyone calling for open borders.
No, you said immigrants and I corrected you.

Where did I say immigrants?
Re read the thread and if you haven’t edited it you will find it.

I did, and Post 20 is my only reference, and that is to "illegals".

You're lying Willow.

They have a valid point the prosecution did a piss poor job and it resulted in an acquittal.
But to make stupid statements about contempt for the rule of law in regards to Kate's homicide is just ludicrous at best.

It is pretty obvious who has a contempt for the rule of law ... That contempt is why Jose Ines Garcia Zarate was standing on the pier the day he killed Kate.

The "rule of law" in San Francisco states that it is illegal for law enforcement to respond to ICE detainers for non-violent offenders.

I get that you don't like that law. But it's still the law.
But but but they swore to uphold the constitution, now I know you hate the constitution but it’s still the constitution.

Where does the Constitution say anything about illegal immigration?
All threats foreign and domestic.

I don't think immigration qualifies as a "threat" in the minds of rational people.
Yep! Ewe did

The "rule of law" in San Francisco states that it is illegal for law enforcement to respond to ICE detainers for non-violent offenders.

I get that you don't like that law. But it's still the law.
But but but they swore to uphold the constitution, now I know you hate the constitution but it’s still the constitution.

Where does the Constitution say anything about illegal immigration?
All threats foreign and domestic.

I don't think immigration qualifies as a "threat" in the minds of rational people.
Yep! Ewe did

Ewe Lie! (quoting Joe whathisface)

Democrats! All people who refer to illegals as immigrants and not illegal immigrants. I think that may include you.

You're lying Willow.
.no! You are the liar. Post 109 yerdirect quote

I don't think immigration qualifies as a "threat" in the minds of rational people.’

You're lying Willow.
.no! You are the liar. Post 109 yerdirect quote

I don't think immigration qualifies as a "threat" in the minds of rational people.’

Immigration wholestically.

As I pointed out - in post 20 I was clear about "illegals".

Sessions is going to file a pot load of federal charges against him.
Even Sessions has to follow the law.
Sessions will nail this lowlife sorry assed piece of shit to the wall.
I doubt it. A court freed Trayvon Martin’s killer and the DoJ looked at possible charges but there werent sufficient grounds. They can’t make up laws. What could be done is a wrongful death suit.
You are wrong. The feds can put him away a long time for being a felon in possession of a stolen gun.

He's already been convicted of that in state courts, and that's what will determine the sentence.

He can't be tried again for it in federal court.

Of course he can. Double Jeopardy doesn't occur when the legal proceedings are by separate sovereigns.

If that conduct was a federal offense, you may be tried and convicted in both a state and federal court. This is known as the "dual sovereignty doctrine," and it is an exception to the "Double Jeopardy Clause" of the U.S. Constitution.

Dual Sovereignty, Due Process, and Duplicative Punishment: A New Solution to an Old Problem

Even Sessions has to follow the law.
Sessions will nail this lowlife sorry assed piece of shit to the wall.
I doubt it. A court freed Trayvon Martin’s killer and the DoJ looked at possible charges but there werent sufficient grounds. They can’t make up laws. What could be done is a wrongful death suit.
You are wrong. The feds can put him away a long time for being a felon in possession of a stolen gun.

He's already been convicted of that in state courts, and that's what will determine the sentence.

He can't be tried again for it in federal court.

Of course he can. Double Jeopardy doesn't occur when the legal proceedings are by separate sovereigns.

If that conduct was a federal offense, you may be tried and convicted in both a state and federal court. This is known as the "dual sovereignty doctrine," and it is an exception to the "Double Jeopardy Clause" of the U.S. Constitution.

Dual Sovereignty, Due Process, and Duplicative Punishment: A New Solution to an Old Problem

You're right. They can try him again.

They just won't, because of the Petite doctrine.

Looks to me like her family should be blaming the prosecutor's office for having botched their duties.
No, actually they are blaming the right people, the officials of San Francisco and every Democrat in DC who refused to pass Kate’s law!

And this is where your logic fails you. This is not a democrat vs. republican issue. It is a trial in which the prosecutors failed to do their job correctly. They should probably be fired.

Nonsense. The prosecutors did what the DA told them to do, and they did the best that they could in the situation.

Fine. I am easy to get along with. Keep the prosecutors and fire the DA.

DA is an elected position in SF. It's up to the voters to "fire" him.

Well, if that is the case, the whole political issue is a local issue, and Trump and his outraged national base are out of luck. In short, another non issue used to stir up the the farmers in Iowa.

Forum List

Back