No justice for Kate Steinle's family

You got that right. Maybe the Steinle family can file a wrongful death suit against San Francisco for letting an illegal on the street with his prior criminal record.

They can't.

Legislatures can't be held liable for consequences of laws they pass.
They broke the law, there's no doubt of that. Sanctuary cities are illegal and allowing illegals to walk free after arrest is a policy, not law.

mrz112917dAPR20171128074507.jpg

You got that right. Maybe the Steinle family can file a wrongful death suit against San Francisco for letting an illegal on the street with his prior criminal record.

They can't.

They broke the law, there's no doubt of that. Sanctuary cities are illegal and allowing illegals to walk free after arrest is a policy, not law.

1. No, "they" did not break any laws.

2. The "policy" of the SFPD to not hold personas under federal immigration detainer comes directly from laws passed at the city level.

They can't.

2. The "policy" of the SFPD to not hold personas under federal immigration detainer comes directly from laws passed at the city level.
So, they failed to uphold the constitution. So they broke US immigration law!

They can't.

No, they did neither of those things.

They can't.

And the policy killed Kate Steinle.

They can't.

And the policy killed Kate Steinle.

Only in the most semantic way.

I drove past a Border Patrol guy on a county road the other day. I admit that I was speeding, but he did not stop and arrest me. I guess that he was ignoring the US Constitution. They should make these guys read this message board so that they can understand the law....:rolleyes:

And a part of Katie's Law calls for increased penalties, that equals IN THE US. Deport(.) Garcia Zatate has committed crimes, or is believed to, imprison if guilty, deport after sentence.
What’s sickening is the right’s ignorance, hate, bigotry, and contempt for the rule of law.

This illegal killer will be walking the streets free in less than 12 months, this young American woman will still be dead.

You forget FEDERAL CHARGES, lay off the Trump candy.

And a part of Katie's Law calls for increased penalties, that equals IN THE US. Deport(.) Garcia Zarate has committed crimes, or is believed to have, imprison if guilty, deport after sentence.

They can't.

No, they did neither of those things.
Incorrect!

I am a uniformed volunteer of the Sheriff's Auxiliary Volunteers of my county. When I was sworn in, I swore to uphold the laws of my county. I have no legal obligation whatsoever to do anything about violations of state, federal, or city laws. Perhaps you can quote the US statute that requires me to do what I am not sworn to do. I am sure that my county Sheriff would want to know about his oversight on that.

I am a uniformed volunteer of the Sheriff's Auxiliary Volunteers of my county. When I was sworn in, I swore to uphold the laws of my county. I have no legal obligation whatsoever to do anything about violations of state, federal, or city laws. Perhaps you can quote the US statute that requires me to do what I am not sworn to do. I am sure that my county Sheriff would want to know about his oversight on that.

Read carefully what you wrote. Don’t you feel stupid?

Not at all. Do you? They cover things like this in 8th grade Civics, Willow. You can still take a remedial course.

Perhaps you should apply that to yourself willow-ijit. Cause you sure don't understand what you read. :cuckoo:

Not at all. Do you? They cover things like this in 8th grade Civics, Willow. You can still take a remedial course.
So, you said you swore an oath to uphold the laws of this country then you followed that with you had no obligation to do anything about violations of local, state, or federal laws! So then why are ewe even bothering swearing in as an auxiliary Sheriff? Just to feel pumped up? Shit man get out of the way and give your spot who takes the position seriously!

Perhaps you should apply that to yourself willow-ijit. Cause you sure don't understand what you read. :cuckoo:
How about you just GFY, it’s a better use of your time!

So, you said you swore an oath to uphold the laws of this country then you followed that with you had no obligation to do anything about violations of local, state, or federal laws! So then why are ewe even bothering swearing in as an auxiliary Sheriff? Just to feel pumped up? Shit man get out of the way and give your spot who takes the position seriously!

Williow, get your magnifying glass out and reread what I wrote. I never used the word, "country". I am sworn to uphold the laws of my COUNTY.

Now, do you feel stupid? Perhaps you need to go back to an even earlier grade and take remedial reading...

I do not work for ICE. I am not a federal marshall. I do not work for the FBI. I do not work for the Border Patrol. I don't work for tobacco and firearms. I am not a federal narc. I am not a state trooper. I am not a city policeman. There are people who are employed, or volunteer to enforce their laws. I'm not one of them.

Last edited:

Williow, get your magnifying glass out and reread what I wrote. I never used the word, "country". I am sworn to uphold the laws of my COUNTY.

Now, do you feel stupid? Perhaps you need to go back to an even earlier grade and take remedial reading...

I do not work for ICE. I am not a federal marshall. I do not work for the FBI. I do not work for the Border Patrol. I don't work for tobacco and firearms. I am not a federal narc. I am not a state trooper. I am not a city policeman. There are people who are employed, or volunteer to enforce their laws. I'm not one of them.
You are correct. I read country when you in fact said county!. What country is your county in?

You are correct. I read country when you in fact said county!. What country is your county in?

My county is in a state that tried to start enforcing federal immigration law 2 or 3 years ago, until the feds successfully shut that down, for having assumed authority that is not the state's to enforce. It is up to the feds to enforce federal law, and we in the county do not ask the feds to enforce county law. If we choose, we may cooperate with them in that regard, but we have no obligation to do so. In fact, we very specifically do NOT cooperate with the feds on their attempt to enforce laws against marijuana, which is no longer against our state law, when properly licensed by the state.

Forum List

Back