No Good guy with a gun, but here is a hero

The "good guy with a gun" mantra fails.
Why?

Others have posted too tough to hit him, 34 stories up. But no firearm laws can prevent the deaths from the bombs he might have made, did you note that part of my post?

How tough it would be to shoot back on a sniper is dependent on the type of weapon you use. A pistol would not work, but a hunting rifle could very much.

Regulating and restricting bombs is not entirely different than regulating guns other than constitutional issues.

Once more, TRAVIS WINSTON stayed clear headed in the line of fire. A hero, and a US service member.

There was no "good guy with a gun" to stop the evil one, but against this:

13fb1c0083c3c207b8dfbdd96a4218f6

was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran that took action to save lives:

Marine Veteran Stole Truck to Transport Dozens of Vegas Victims to Hospital

He stole a truck to transport the injured away from the melee. TRAVIS WINSTON, a hero without a gun.
The right would tell you he is a carjacker, not a hero.

But the OP brings up a good debate.
Should we allow rifles and snipers carried around in public? Obviously they wont be concealed, but someone could have stopped this early on..
:D

Personally, I have no problem with trained soldiers carrying rifles in public. The safest place you can be is with a bunch of soldiers or in a police barracks! When was the last time a mass murderer attacked a police barrack?

But nothing short of a trained sniper with high powered rifle could have stopped that guy from the ground.

My question: during all of the time that guy was shooting from his room, WHERE THE HELL was the hotel staff? No one heard the gun fire? How long does it take to get a cop and open the door?
They were hiding. That veteran said he tried over and over to get hotel staff to pick up the fucking phone and they never did. So he finally got thru to the cops.
I smell a lawsuit coming for Mandalay. WHERE WAS STAFF????

Pathetic cowardly asses. I agree. Lawsuit coming.

Should we allow rifles and snipers carried around in public? Obviously they wont be concealed, but someone could have stopped this early on..

Personally, I have no problem with trained soldiers carrying rifles in public. The safest place you can be is with a bunch of soldiers or in a police barracks! When was the last time a mass murderer attacked a police barrack?

But nothing short of a trained sniper with high powered rifle could have stopped that guy from the ground.

My question: during all of the time that guy was shooting from his room, WHERE THE HELL was the hotel staff? No one heard the gun fire? How long does it take to get a cop and open the door?
They were hiding. That veteran said he tried over and over to get hotel staff to pick up the fucking phone and they never did. So he finally got thru to the cops.
Im not sure they could sue over that. Most employers WANT their employees to run and hide. Or they WILL get sued.

Sorry, in a case such as that, I don't give a flying fuck what my employer wants! Seriously, damn my job (I've done it before), I could not sit there while that guy kept blowing people away. If I had to go in with only a fire hose, I would have hit him with it. Let him try to shoot as I blast him with that, trying to blow him right out the window, as others rushed in to take him.

There just are times when you have to think of the greater good rather than just yourself. I can replace my job, but I have to LIVE with my conscience.

Did you see that guy standing in the middle of the field hollering at the guy "go ahead, pussy! Bring it!"?

Um. What would be me too. :D

Do I have a death wish? Not really. Not afraid of dying. I tend to lose my temper, though.

Be kinda hard to hit a target 37 floors up hundreds of yards away with a 9MM anyways.

when will we be hearing from the NRA's little darling, wayne laPIErre saying the answer to a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with an RPG?
Hopefully soon! That's what we need.

uh-huh. except when some nutbag takes down a helicopter or plane.
Nutbags use vehicles to kill people. Probably happen 1000% more. What you wanna do about that? Cars aint even protected by the Constitution..

cars' innate design & function is not to kill. guns are. & i am not anti-gun.

when will we be hearing from the NRA's little darling, wayne laPIErre saying the answer to a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with an RPG?

Duh! No way any one would do that. Besides we'd have special grenades that couldn't be aimed at planes and stuff.

Sure you will, sure. None of the hundreds, if not thousands of "good guys" did -0- to stop Paddock.

Actually, it was a bunch of "good guys with guns" in the form of the SWAT team that brought his rampage to an end.

you mean the good guys that are trained & paid to do that sort of thing instead of an average beer swillin' slackjawed yokel with a rambo wanna be complex?

Be kinda hard to hit a target 37 floors up hundreds of yards away with a 9MM anyways.

Nutbags use vehicles to kill people. Probably happen 1000% more. What you wanna do about that? Cars aint even protected by the Constitution..

So intent is that big of a deal in regards to a tool?

That does not change the fact that cars kill more. Next deflection.

Duh! No way any one would do that. Besides we'd have special grenades that couldn't be aimed at planes and stuff.

Sure you will, sure. None of the hundreds, if not thousands of "good guys" did -0- to stop Paddock.

Actually, it was a bunch of "good guys with guns" in the form of the SWAT team that brought his rampage to an end.

you mean the good guys that are trained & paid to do that sort of thing instead of an average beer swillin' slackjawed yokel with a rambo wanna be complex?

SWAT teams are GREAT people with firearms.

So intent is that big of a deal in regards to a tool?

yes. a wobbly IKEA dresser drawer could kill a toddler if it falls on them. is it a tool of murder?

Hotel staff has no mandate to rush into a gun battle.
Rush INTO a battle? So....answering the fucking phone is a battle, eh?

It depends on where the phone is and where you are, doesn't it?

That does not change the fact that cars kill more. Next deflection.

bullshit. that is no deflection. how many cars are used to kill on purpose compared to the tool that was invented to do that very thing. stop being an idiot.

There was no "good guy with a gun" to stop the evil one, but against this:

13fb1c0083c3c207b8dfbdd96a4218f6

was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran that took action to save lives:

Marine Veteran Stole Truck to Transport Dozens of Vegas Victims to Hospital

He stole a truck to transport the injured away from the melee. TRAVIS WINSTON, a hero without a gun.

I'm not sure what that has to do with guns... he saved people by not using one.

Some have posted, in reference to firearm control, that ONLY "a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun". Thus, the title.

Forum List

Back