Bill to remove NFA restrictions on suppressors shelved

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
House Speaker Paul Ryan on Tuesday said Republicans have not scheduled a vote on NRA-backed legislation that would ease restrictions on the use of silencers in the aftermath of the massacre in Las Vegas that killed 59 people and wounded hundreds.

“That bill is not scheduled now,” the Wisconsin Republican said. “I don’t know when it’s going to be scheduled.”

Two House Democrats sent Ryan a letter on Monday asking him to remove the legislation from the calendar “indefinitely.”

http://nypost.com/2017/10/03/bill-t...-gun-silencers-shelved-after-vegas-slaughter/

Well who would have thought this would happen? Gutless politicians need to all be sent packing!

I guess i kinda get the emotion involved and why they should reschedule but I hope they dont just scrap it. They will be big pussies..

House Speaker Paul Ryan on Tuesday said Republicans have not scheduled a vote on NRA-backed legislation that would ease restrictions on the use of silencers in the aftermath of the massacre in Las Vegas that killed 59 people and wounded hundreds.

“That bill is not scheduled now,” the Wisconsin Republican said. “I don’t know when it’s going to be scheduled.”

Two House Democrats sent Ryan a letter on Monday asking him to remove the legislation from the calendar “indefinitely.”

http://nypost.com/2017/10/03/bill-t...-gun-silencers-shelved-after-vegas-slaughter/

Well who would have thought this would happen? Gutless politicians need to all be sent packing!
But why?

But why?
Probably because the emotion is so high

• Banned

But why?
Probably because the emotion is so high
I'd say because they are gutless cowards who really want more gun control and this is a way to get something with no sacrifice.

I am an NRA member and I support gun rights but I have never understood the suppressor. What is a practical purpose for a suppressor? Hearing conservation? Hunting with a silencer? Doesn't it affect muzzle velocity and target accuracy?

I am an NRA member and I support gun rights but I have never understood the suppressor. What is a practical purpose for a suppressor? Hearing conservation? Hunting with a silencer? Doesn't it affect muzzle velocity and target accuracy?
It used to. They dont make them the same anymore.
Im not sure if it stopped effecting accuracy completely but i know it got better.

Gutless politicians need to all be sent packing!

Gutless politicians and the GOP; pretty thin distinction there. Too bad they cannot be described as audacious, like with the DNC. And too bad most people don't know that noise suppressors DO NOT make guns "silent" like in the movies.

They had to table the discussion with emotions so high. The leftie snowflakes think of them as silencers because they don't know any better and get their information from movies.

For the media fed, "SAW" is an acronym for Squad Automatic Weapon.

Forum List

Back