No Good guy with a gun, but here is a hero

No guns signs
Signs do not have the force of law on private property. In public buildings, only concealed carry is bannedwhere 'no guns' signs are posted or metal detectors are present at each public entrance (NRS 202.3673).

Which is why trusting your life to a sign or a law is the ultimate stupid.

If me or my family ever get shot at a "gun free zone" i am suing the piss out of them.

If me or my family ever get shot at a "gun free zone" i am suing the piss out of them.
You won't win. I have a different idea of what should happen to them.
I will in TN :)
TN passed a law last year (i think) that made "gun free zones" LIABLE for shootings. If they want to take away your right to self defense, they must provide protection.

when will we be hearing from the NRA's little darling, wayne laPIErre saying the answer to a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with an RPG?
Hopefully soon! That's what we need.

uh-huh. except when some nutbag takes down a helicopter or plane.
Duh! No way any one would do that. Besides we'd have special grenades that couldn't be aimed at planes and stuff.

Sure you will, sure. None of the hundreds, if not thousands of "good guys" did -0- to stop Paddock.
OMG get off your fallacy please

So "good guys with guns" are not the solution to "bad guys with guns"? Thanks.

Duh! No way any one would do that. Besides we'd have special grenades that couldn't be aimed at planes and stuff.

Sure you will, sure. None of the hundreds, if not thousands of "good guys" did -0- to stop Paddock.
OMG get off your fallacy please

So "good guys with guns" are not the solution to "bad guys with guns"? Thanks.
No. I have explained why a couple times. A handgun isnt going to take someone out that is hundreds of yards away. Handguns are for CLOSE range.
If he wasnt so far away, you would probably have a point.
People dont conceal carry sniper rifles.

There was no "good guy with a gun" to stop the evil one, but against this:

13fb1c0083c3c207b8dfbdd96a4218f6

was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran that took action to save lives:

Marine Veteran Stole Truck to Transport Dozens of Vegas Victims to Hospital

He stole a truck to transport the injured away from the melee. TRAVIS WINSTON, a hero without a gun.

If it was a black guy they would have called him a looter.

But the OP brings up a good debate.
Should we allow rifles and snipers carried around in public? Obviously they wont be concealed, but someone could have stopped this early on..
:D

Personally, I have no problem with trained soldiers carrying rifles in public. The safest place you can be is with a bunch of soldiers or in a police barracks! When was the last time a mass murderer attacked a police barrack?

But nothing short of a trained sniper with high powered rifle could have stopped that guy from the ground.

My question: during all of the time that guy was shooting from his room, WHERE THE HELL was the hotel staff? No one heard the gun fire? How long does it take to get a cop and open the door?

Go ahead and pass all the gun laws you want. The fact is, someone that was determined to do something this hideous, would still be able to.

Be kinda hard to hit a target 37 floors up hundreds of yards away with a 9MM anyways.

when will we be hearing from the NRA's little darling, wayne laPIErre saying the answer to a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with an RPG?

Actually, it was a bunch of "good guys with guns" in the form of the SWAT team that brought his rampage to an end.

Should we allow rifles and snipers carried around in public? Obviously they wont be concealed, but someone could have stopped this early on..
Actually, that is a pretty good idea. Military sniper hired to guard festivals and concerts. Retired or active but based here at home at the nearest base camp that can attend. Employment for the sniper, safety for the people attending. Win win.

Personally, I have no problem with trained soldiers carrying rifles in public. The safest place you can be is with a bunch of soldiers or in a police barracks! When was the last time a mass murderer attacked a police barrack?

But nothing short of a trained sniper with high powered rifle could have stopped that guy from the ground.

My question: during all of the time that guy was shooting from his room, WHERE THE HELL was the hotel staff? No one heard the gun fire? How long does it take to get a cop and open the door?
They were hiding. That veteran said he tried over and over to get hotel staff to pick up the fucking phone and they never did. So he finally got thru to the cops.
I smell a lawsuit coming for Mandalay. WHERE WAS STAFF????

They were hiding. That veteran said he tried over and over to get hotel staff to pick up the fucking phone and they never did. So he finally got thru to the cops.
Im not sure they could sue over that. Most employers WANT their employees to run and hide. Or they WILL get sued.

Hotel staff has no mandate to rush into a gun battle.

Hotel staff has no mandate to rush into a gun battle.
Rush INTO a battle? So....answering the fucking phone is a battle, eh?

Im not sure they could sue over that. Most employers WANT their employees to run and hide. Or they WILL get sued.
If they had answered the phone, maybe less would be dead now. The guy was 2 floors down and knew exactly where the shooter was. No answer. Took forever to get the cops on the line too since they were busy answering other calls about the shooter. FINALLY got someone to listen that he knew where the shooter was. All this could have saved a few lives if STAFF ANSWERED THE DAMN PHONE.

If they had answered the phone, maybe less would be dead now. The guy was 2 floors down and knew exactly where the shooter was. No answer. Took forever to get the cops on the line too since they were busy answering other calls about the shooter. FINALLY got someone to listen that he knew where the shooter was. All this could have saved a few lives if STAFF ANSWERED THE DAMN PHONE.
Oh, i understand what you are saying completely. Im just saying that could have been policy. Employers do NOT want their employees getting hooked up with violence.
I worked at pizza hut long ago and they told us if we got involved with a robber, we would get fired. No matter if we saved the money/lives or not. Then, the robber could sue pizza hut.
Run away from gun shots.
Give armed robbers WHATEVER they want.

Oh, i understand what you are saying completely. Im just saying that could have been policy. Employers do NOT want their employees getting hooked up with violence.
I worked at pizza hut long ago and they told us if we got involved with a robber, we would get fired. No matter if we saved the money/lives or not. Then, the robber could sue pizza hut.
Run away from gun shots.
Give armed robbers WHATEVER they want.

Nope. Not gonna happen. Ain't in my genetic makeup. And yes, I know that is policy..to give whatever they want and not engage. I ignored that twice. Why? Because I didn't give a shit about the money or the beer the guy was stealing. What pissed me off is the guy thought he could do it to a "lowly helpless woman" working the graveyard shift. Um. Wrong woman, pal. I chased his sorry ass and pelted him with the beers that were falling out of the case he stole and ran with. Yes, I got reamed by the manager the next day and was told not to do it again or I would be fired. Sure, ok, whatever. Next night, the asshole came back with a friend. In a car this time so he wouldn't have to run. Wrong woman again. I hopped over the counter and chased him again. And again he dropped the case of beer, which wound up being pelted across his cars back window and cracked it. Cops found them quite easily with a beer covered car with a cracked back window. I didn't bother going in the next day. I knew I was fired.

Durins folk don't flee from a fight~Thorin Oakenshield
I am not Durins Folks. I am an ornery woman.

Forum List

Back