NFL Wild card weekend

I just didn't want Atlanta to have to play New Orleans again.

To do that they have to beat the Giants and the Packers, and NO has to beat SF at SF. Not the likliest of scenarios. Tell you the truth though, now that my Lions lost I don't give a fuck.

I expect my Niners to be next. NO looks fairly unstoppable right now. I'll hope, and I'll cheer, and I'll dance and yell if SF can pull out the win, but the realistic part of me thinks it's unlikely.

Detroit had a lot of mental mistakes and they really need to get a running game. Not being able to force NO to punt in the entire game, the only way they could win was with more turnovers. The Saints have been unbeatable at home this year and Detroit still has a few too many kinks to work out to try and stand up to the top teams. They are a young team though, I expect to see them back in the playoffs more than once in the next few years.

My picks this weekend were

Houston
New Orleans
Atlanta
Pittsburgh

That's bad news for fans of these teams because I'm awful at picking winners.

I agree with this list. The only one that will be a close game is Atlanta vs New York. The biggest blow-out should be Pittsburgh pounding Denver.

I just didn't want Atlanta to have to play New Orleans again.

To do that they have to beat the Giants and the Packers, and NO has to beat SF at SF. Not the likliest of scenarios. Tell you the truth though, now that my Lions lost I don't give a fuck.

I expect my Niners to be next. NO looks fairly unstoppable right now. I'll hope, and I'll cheer, and I'll dance and yell if SF can pull out the win, but the realistic part of me thinks it's unlikely.

Detroit had a lot of mental mistakes and they really need to get a running game. Not being able to force NO to punt in the entire game, the only way they could win was with more turnovers. The Saints have been unbeatable at home this year and Detroit still has a few too many kinks to work out to try and stand up to the top teams. They are a young team though, I expect to see them back in the playoffs more than once in the next few years.

The Niners have a strong running game, are plus 28 in turnovers and have a defensive backfield with hands - Detroit dropped two of NO's errant passes. The Stick is natural grass and winds in January can make the kicking game (also a Niner strong point) and passing problematic, especially for teams which spend more than half their season in doors.

That said Drew Brees has a very quick release and knows where his receivers should be. Holding the score down will require that he not be allowed the homerun ball, and putting pressure on him will be a key. The Niners inside LB's are very active and I expect we will see rookie pass rusher Aldon Smith, LB's Willis and Bozman and DL Justine Smith in Drew's face all day. My prediction, the team which wins the turnover battle will win: SF 23, No 21, based on three NO turnovers and none by the Niners.

I think the Saints are the best team in football.

They are as good as GB on offense and have a better defense.
IMHO, they didn't prove that last night as much as the Lions proved that they had a WORSE defense AND can't play full 4 quarters.

IMHO, they didn't prove that last night as much as the Lions proved that they had a WORSE defense AND can't play full 4 quarters.

agreed. but at san fran, I just don't see smith getting it done. Dilfer was your atypical small ball don't make a mistake QB with a dominant D that would win games, but, I am not sure smith is even that good. hes really erratic. I see NO pulling it out, I hope for the niners, but...

And here we have the Giants - Falcons. The first half should be used as an example of the ridiculously inaccurate nature of spotting the football. The Giants screwed up not demanding a measurement late in the game (on a very badly spotted ball that SHOULD have been a first down) and threw a 10 yard pass when they probably should have run a quick qb sneak to get the first down.

I didn't see the defenses playing as dominantly as these 2 have in the first half. I don't see either team having a 35 point second half like the Saints, but I do think there will be more than 9 combined points scored.

Hakeem Nicks splits the Atlanta secondary for a 72 yd TD. 5 Atlanta defenders whiff

Giants 17
Atlanta 2

It was dumb to go for it. They should taken the three.

It's a low-scoring game, the Giants have a great front four, and they aren't getting many opportunities.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

It was dumb to go for it. They should taken the three.

It's a low-scoring game, the Giants have a great front four, and they aren't getting many opportunities.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

Yup, yup, yup, yup

this looks like the last Q of the NO game, the giants can run pass at will, but, atl cannot really move the ball.

eli has always been a sleeper. don't count the giants out , if they get hot....*shrugs*

agreed. but at san fran, I just don't see smith getting it done. Dilfer was your atypical small ball don't make a mistake QB with a dominant D that would win games, but, I am not sure smith is even that good. hes really erratic. I see NO pulling it out, I hope for the niners, but...
Be interesting to see a Rodgers/Smith square off in the Championship.

Looks like Big Blue comes to the Frozen Tundra. Let's see if this ends up like the regular season game. Here's hoping.

I've never seen a kickoff bounce off the uprights and land on the 20 before.

Did Jesus make that happen?

Forum List

Back