NFL Wild Card Weekend Predictions

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
Arizona at Carolina Cardinals defense will keep them in the game, but with all the injuries, I don't see them coming out of Carolina with the win. It's a shame, when healthy, this was by far the best team this season.
Line -6.5 Carolina covers.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh Ravens fell flat last week in a must win game, they won but it wasn't a feel good win. Steelers have a lot of offensive punch, it gets them through this game.
Line -3 Pittsburgh covers.

Cincinnati at Indianapolis. Luck is doing more with nothing than any QB in the NFL, no running game, no offensive line, the defense is terrible. It is Luck willing them to win every week. Dalton is an average QB but the talent on the team is so much better. I see Luck scrambling and taking hard hits all afternoon.
Line -3.5 colts do not cover.

Detroit at Dallas this is the toughest pick for me, Lions defense is outstanding and the Cowboys are less than impressive at home. The Cowboys surprised me by winning this year, I didn't see anything better than 8-8, Romo and Company should hold off Stafford and step over Suh.
Line -6.5 Dallas does not cover.

Last edited:
Your predictions for the Seasquawks? They seem to be peaking at the right time but they still make too many mistakes and penalties. I don't see them making it to the Superbowl this year, too many teams are hot.

Your predictions for the Seasquawks? They seem to be peaking at the right time but they still make too many mistakes and penalties. I don't see them making it to the Superbowl this year, too many teams are hot.

They have this weekend off as do the Packers, the Patriots and the Broncos.

Arizona at Carolina Cardinals defense will keep them in the game, but with all the injuries, I don't see them coming out of Carolina with the win. It's a shame, when healthy, this was by far the best team this season.
Line -6.5 Carolina covers.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh Ravens fell flat last week in a must win game, they won but it wasn't a feel good win. Steelers have a lot of offensive punch, it gets them through this game.
Line -3 Pittsburgh covers.

Cincinnati at Indianapolis. Luck is doing more with nothing than any QB in the NFL, no running game, no offensive line, the defense is terrible. It is Luck willing them to win every week. Dalton is an average QB but the talent on the team is so much better. I see Luck scrambling and taking hard hits all afternoon.
Line -3.5 colts do not cover.

Detroit at Dallas this is the toughest pick for me, Lions defense is outstanding and the Cowboys are less than impressive at home. The Cowboys surprised me by winning this year, I didn't see anything better than 8-8, Romo and Company should hold off Stafford and step over Suh.
Line -6.5 Dallas does not cover.

It is better to have Luck than to be good. I'm adopting the Colts as my playoff team to root for as my Raiders and Niners are sitting this one out. Bengals are unlucky, even cursed. Colts win and cover.

I was watching the Warriors-Raptors game last night. I thought I saw down on the ticker that LeVeon Bell is out for the Steelers. Once again, it's the luck factor. Ravens are lucky ( ask Peyton Manning ). Ravens win and cover.

Dallas has been unlucky in recent years. But, they were perhaps the most lucky team of the '70s and '80s. The luck of Staubach drove me crazy as a kid. I'm going to say that Dallas' luck returns this year, and the terrible unlucky luck of Detroit continues. Dallas wins by a TD or more.

Bruce Ariens is a good coach, but I wish he'd put Logan Thomas in there at QB. He should have been in there the last 2 weeks getting ready for the playoffs. 6'6", 250 lbs, and he can run. What do you have to lose? Lindley is talking you nowhere. Even so, I think Ariens comes up with a good game plan today. Not only does Arizona cover, they eek out the win.

Detroit is unlucky, even more cursed than the Bengals.

Have you ever seen the Lion King? Mustafa takes Simba up to the crest of the lion rock. They gaze out across the savanna to a low ridge in the distance.
Simba: "Father, what lies beyond that ridge?"
Mustafa: "Son, beyond that ridge is the Super Bowl, a place where no Lion has ever been."

Baltimore played well enough to worry me going into New England next week.

Forum List

Back