Playoff time!

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
May 4, 2009
A Picturesque Apocalypse
The teams are set, we're heading to wild card weekend. Some teams really backed their way in. How do you all see it coming out?

My picks :

Bengals over Texans : Will they be starting Delhomme, the 4th stringer? Just too much injury and inconsistency at qb for the Texans to overcome. The Bengals aren't great, but they are good enough to pull this one out.

Saints over Lions : I want to pick the Lions. I really do. But the Saints have looked unstoppable recently and they are playing at home. The Lions will put up some points, but if they can't stop Matt Flynn from looking like the next Payton Manning in a meaningful game, they can't stop Brees and co.

Giants over Falcons : This is just a gut feeling. The Falcons are the better team. For some reason, I just think the Giants will get enough breaks and the Falcons will make enough mistakes (perhaps in playcalling, not making good use of the run game) for the Giants to pull out a close win with Eli running yet another 4th quarter drive to take the victory.

Steelers over Broncos : The Steelers are probably going to be favored by 2 td's. Denver has been exposed as a team that just happened to hit a hot streak. Tebow has shown that he can't play well for more than a couple of drives a game. The defense, which kept Denver alive in so many games during the wins, has played terribly against the top-tier offenses. 3 points against KC in a game they might have needed to get in the playoffs? Does anyone think the Chiefs defense is especially superior to the Steelers?

*This will lead to Saints at Niners (ouch! my poor Niners), Bengals at Pats, Steelers at Ravens and Giants at Packers.

I really, really, really want to see the Niners win...but I just don't think their defense can hold the Saints to few enough points for the offense to match. The Bengals are in the same situation with the Pats, despite the terrible Pats D. Steelers Ravens could be the best game of the playoffs, but since it is in Baltimore, I give the Ravens the edge. The Giants should have no chance against the Packers.

Saints Packers....omg scorefest! Let's give it to the Saints 45-44. The Ravens have to play on the road against the Pats, and Flacco can't keep up, Pats win. Worst defense ever in a SB!

Saints win the highest scoring SB ever, 49-35, proving that the old maxim of 'defense wins championships' isn't true in the current NFL.

*All projections after this point subject to revision when I turn out to have no idea what I'm talking about in the wild card round! :lol:

Cinci - Houston. Cinci by 6

Steelers - Broncs. Steelers put the 2nd string in, in the 4th to keep from running up the score.

Lions - Saints. Lions. I'm picking them as my long shot team. They win by 3 or less.

Falcons - Giants. I want the Giants to win, but I just don't think they are hot enough to win. falcons by 10.

I'll have to see how my picks go, before I call next week.

but, Ill say this; Packers - 49ers - Pats, don't make it.

I hereby petition for all New England games to begin in the second quarter from this point forward.

I would really like to see the packers finish the year with a total record of 18-1. Not a perfect season, but better than what the Patriots ended up with.

Steelers embarrass Broncos. Tebow is that bad
Cincinnati over Houston. lack of a QB will catch up with Houston
Giants over Atlanta. A Dome team playing in the Northeast and Atlanta is not a great road team. I like Elis experience
Saints over Detroit. Saints are playing at the highest level in the NFL right now. They could win it all

Since I am a hardcore Steelers fan I want them to go to the superbowl they need to go past the ravens though. They have done it before in the playoffs it cold happen again. The other team I would love to win is the Saints

New Orleans has been playing better defense than Green Bay lately.

I wasnt impressed when i would watch Green Bay play defense. Its like they just barely stop people.

But the superbowl goes through Green Bay and the saints are a dome team. If it was the other way around that would be a killer game.

oh and go Pats.....
Yeah, you can rack up a ton of yards against the green bay defense, and sometimes lots of points. Problem is, if your defense cannot shut down their offense, they win the track meet.

That's why games aren't won by yardage, only points. Needless to say, if there is one team that really scares me, it IS the Saints, even though it's a week one replay come the NFC championship game. And Green Bay won that one too.

New Orleans has been playing better defense than Green Bay lately.

I wasnt impressed when i would watch Green Bay play defense. Its like they just barely stop people.

But the superbowl goes through Green Bay and the saints are a dome team. If it was the other way around that would be a killer game.

oh and go Pats.....

I have a couple of responses to this.

First, the Saints and Pack both put up a ton of points, but if the Saints D plays better, it could easily be enough to win. Of course, a game like this could also end up as whoever has the ball last wins.

Second, while the home crowd is certainly a plus for Green Bay, I actually think the outdoor stadium could be an advantage for the Saints. New Orleans ended up 6th in rushing this regular season, while Green Bay was 27th. It can be hard to see it sometimes, since the Saints not only pass the ball a ton, but use multiple backs. They get 32.5 more ypg than the Packers, and have a full yard better per carry average. If a potential meeting in Green Bay were to have poor weather, the ability to run the ball effectively could be the edge the Saints need.

I would be fine with either team winning this potential championship game, and I don't think there is a large advantage in the Saints' favor, I just see them with a very slight edge. If this game does happen, it ought to be exciting, at least! :lol:

Now watch, by some freak of nature, the Lions win or the Packers tank it. That'd piss me off.

I don't have any idea who's gonna win what. And that's the most honest post I'll make all year. Nobody looks that much better than anyone else IMHO.

I hereby petition for all New England games to begin in the second quarter from this point forward.

Starting to play in the second quarter is exactly what's been getting them into trouble silly. :)

Or maybe you like this one better...

But then they'd only have two quarters left to dig themselves out of the hole. :)

I don't have any idea who's gonna win what. And that's the most honest post I'll make all year. Nobody looks that much better than anyone else IMHO.

Seriously? No one looks that much better than Denver? :lol:

Well yeah, Denver does kinda suck compared to everyone else. Lions are probably overmatched, but what the hell, maybe the Saints come out flat, who knows.

Houston isn't looking great either with their troubles at quarterback. But at least they have Arian Foster.

And speaking of that, what self respecting black couple names their kid 'Arian'? :dunno:

Forum List

Back