NFL PLAYOFFS!!!! New Orleans Bound!!!

I really thought the Hawks would be more dominant. Some of the lack of tackling on Lynch runs, the huge openings for Wilson to run into, a few very wide open receivers, showed me that the Redskins defense plays far too aggressively. Seattle gave up those early points, and if RGIII was at 100%.....you never know how things could have ended up.

Still, they got the W, the defense did hold down the Skins after that first quarter, and they now should have gotten most of any playoff jitters under control. We'll have to see how the Clemons injury affects them moving forward. It could be a big deal against pass happy teams like the Falcons, Packers (hopefully not, go Niners!) or Pats.

I don't think today's games said anything about any of the rookie qb's being better than the others, but it certainly should have given Wilson a bit more exposure to show how he's right up there with Luck and RGIII.

RGIII never should have stayed in the game after the first quarter. He was clearly injured on that second TD drive and the Skins gave up any attempt at running an option after that

Shannahan was an idiot for jeopardizing his franchise QB who was at best 50%

I agree. Andy Lucky would have given his left nut to have a two TD lead going into the second QTR. If you expect to go to the SB your defense should be able to protect THAT lead.

I really thought the Hawks would be more dominant. Some of the lack of tackling on Lynch runs, the huge openings for Wilson to run into, a few very wide open receivers, showed me that the Redskins defense plays far too aggressively. Seattle gave up those early points, and if RGIII was at 100%.....you never know how things could have ended up.

Still, they got the W, the defense did hold down the Skins after that first quarter, and they now should have gotten most of any playoff jitters under control. We'll have to see how the Clemons injury affects them moving forward. It could be a big deal against pass happy teams like the Falcons, Packers (hopefully not, go Niners!) or Pats.

I don't think today's games said anything about any of the rookie qb's being better than the others, but it certainly should have given Wilson a bit more exposure to show how he's right up there with Luck and RGIII.

RGIII never should have stayed in the game after the first quarter. He was clearly injured on that second TD drive and the Skins gave up any attempt at running an option after that

Shannahan was an idiot for jeopardizing his franchise QB who was at best 50%

I agree. Andy Lucky would have given his left nut to have a two TD lead going into the second QTR. If you expect to go to the SB your defense should be able to protect THAT lead.

Based on what we saw in the first quarter, a healthy RGIII would have put up a lot more than 14 points in a spread offense.
Seattle managed to put up 21 points against an exhausted Redskin Defense. Not their best effort

I don't think Cousins would have done much better against the Seattle defense but to leave RGIII in there was criminal

Green-Bay-Packers-helmet-jpg.jpg

All the way.....

Washington will be three weeks into their off season when Denver faces the best D in the NFL in NO.

So ... Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks, Cincinnati Bengals, or Indianapolis Colts...which wild card has the best chance to make it to the SB? I would pick the Indianapolis Colts.

As far as "chances" go one would have to look to Vegas gambling money. The Seahawks are the only wild card favored in an away game to win..the line is by a FG.

The Seahwks have the best defense in the NFL having gone up against power houses like SF twice with a Def allowing 15 pts a game. 7 pts in the first game with SF is the difference between Seattle sitting at home witha a bye and HF advantage thruout the playoffs. No other playoff team is in that position. Yes it is more difficult to go the wild card road but no NFL team has ever been in a statistical advantage to do it. Lately a couple of teams..The Ravens and Giants did it recently without the fierce leading D the Seahawks posses. Great defenses still win SBs and the Seahawks have the best this year.

Soooo Huggy...have you ever thought about a career change? You could be an Italian mafia bookie and make some real money.

So ... Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks, Cincinnati Bengals, or Indianapolis Colts...which wild card has the best chance to make it to the SB? I would pick the Indianapolis Colts.

As far as "chances" go one would have to look to Vegas gambling money. The Seahawks are the only wild card favored in an away game to win..the line is by a FG.

The Seahwks have the best defense in the NFL having gone up against power houses like SF twice with a Def allowing 15 pts a game. 7 pts in the first game with SF is the difference between Seattle sitting at home witha a bye and HF advantage thruout the playoffs. No other playoff team is in that position. Yes it is more difficult to go the wild card road but no NFL team has ever been in a statistical advantage to do it. Lately a couple of teams..The Ravens and Giants did it recently without the fierce leading D the Seahawks posses. Great defenses still win SBs and the Seahawks have the best this year.

Soooo Huggy...have you ever thought about a career change? You could be an Italian mafia bookie and make some real money.

I used to work in "collections". I am getting too old for that kind of activity. This week has been very stressfull. I'm beginning to hate the Seahawks. I keep telling myself that "it is just a game". This sucks!!!

I used to work in "collections". I am getting too old for that kind of activity. This week has been very stressfull. I'm beginning to hate the Seahawks. I keep telling myself that "it is just a game". This sucks!!!

You made the call on the Redskins and the Seahawks....what sucks about that?

Chuckle...

Chuckle...

It sucks because I'm still in the grip of NFL football maybe into February. There are still three games to go.... Atlanta, GB or SF and then probably the Broncos. It really is taking up too much of my time and attention.

I think we will smoke Atlanta.. I hate their stupid board. I can't start any threads over there..all the topics are lame...The Atlanta fanz think they will win...they are idiots.

The Hawks will blow Atlanta out.. 35 - 17 .. It will be an easy game. They can't run...they can't stop the run.. Ryan has good stats but the Falcons have the weakest schedule of 2012. They keep sayin they will get Wilson before he can do any damage. That is nonsense.

They have a few good recievers but Gonzales is getting old and nobody has burned the Seahawks over the top all year. A couple of hits by Chancelor, Browner and Chirpy Sherman and they will be hearing footsteps.

They haven't faced anybody like our tall assasins of the defensive backfield. Their DBs are all midgets. Avg.. like 5' 10'' to the Seahawks DBs at around 6' 4". AND the Seahawks lay the most vicious hits in the NFL.

Wilson will dance around and before long their d-line will feel like they have played in two games..and that will be before halftime.

I want this weekend to be over and done with so we can play some real contenders. At least SF and GB know what a Seahawk beat down is all about. Last time we played GB we sacked Rodgers 8 times..and that was before Wilson was off the short leash. They will be all mad still about that hail mary...can ya believe they are STILL whining about Tates catch???

This shit is making me nutz!!! We should play the games every other day and get it over with! :lol:

Chuckle...

It sucks because I'm still in the grip of NFL football maybe into February. There are still three games to go.... Atlanta, GB or SF and then probably the Broncos. It really is taking up too much of my time and attention.

I think we will smoke Atlanta.. I hate their stupid board. I can't start any threads over there..all the topics are lame...The Atlanta fanz think they will win...they are idiots.

The Hawks will blow Atlanta out.. 35 - 17 .. It will be an easy game. They can't run...they can't stop the run.. Ryan has good stats but the Falcons have the weakest schedule of 2012. They keep sayin they will get Wilson before he can do any damage. That is nonsense.

They have a few good recievers but Gonzales is getting old and nobody has burned the Seahawks over the top all year. A couple of hits by Chancelor, Browner and Chirpy Sherman and they will be hearing footsteps.

They haven't faced anybody like our tall assasins of the defensive backfield. Their DBs are all midgets. Avg.. like 5' 10'' to the Seahawks DBs at around 6' 4". AND the Seahawks lay the most vicious hits in the NFL.

Wilson will dance around and before long their d-line will feel like they have played in two games..and that will be before halftime.

I want this weekend to be over and done with so we can play some real contenders. At least SF and GB know what a Seahawk beat down is all about. Last time we played GB we sacked Rodgers 8 times..and that was before Wilson was off the short leash. They will be all mad still about that hail mary...can ya believe they are STILL whining about Tates catch???

This shit is making me nutz!!! We should play the games every other day and get it over with! :lol:

Actually, Atlanta probably has the best 1 + 2 receiver combo in the NFL. And while Gonzales certainly is old for an NFL player, he's had a very good season.

The lack of a solid running game may be the thing that hurts Atlanta the most. Turner hasn't been strong this year. I don't know how much of that has to do with him and how much their O-line, or even playcalling, but it's a problem they might not be able to overcome against a defense like Seattle's.

Chuckle...

Actually, Atlanta probably has the best 1 + 2 receiver combo in the NFL. And while Gonzales certainly is old for an NFL player, he's had a very good season.

The lack of a solid running game may be the thing that hurts Atlanta the most. Turner hasn't been strong this year. I don't know how much of that has to do with him and how much their O-line, or even playcalling, but it's a problem they might not be able to overcome against a defense like Seattle's.

Dont forget the Falcons dont have a defense either.a month ago I would have feared the Hawks having to go into Atlanta to beat the Falcons but after they embarrassed themselves almost blowing it to the lowly Cardinals and letting the Lions back into the gamea team they should EASILY have blown out and then play all their starters and lost at home of all places to the lowly Tampa Bay Bucs?:lol: This team is no different than any team from the past.they cant win when it counts and as always,they will be one and done.

The Hawks will score at will against this defense.What I fear is when The Packers destory the 49ers,is me and Huggys ride on the bandwagon of the Hawks will end in Green Bay.Ever since the last game of the year against the Lambs,The Hawks have not been the same team that went out and destroyed The niners 3 weeks ago laying an egg on defense in their first two drives against the redskins whom did it to them with a one legged quarterback.I think our ride on the seahawks bandwagon will end in two weeks I fear.

Ravens !! what a game !! 10 point underdogs.. go into Denver and embarrass the golden boy Manning. I wonder if Champ Bailey is having Torey Smith dreams tonight...

I'll watch the Bird Game very closely today and root for the hawks simply because I'd like to see a rematch in good weather when the Niner 'O' can actually hear CK. Last night they fired on all cylinders on 'O', 'D' and Special Teams with only a 'first inning' misfire which had no negative impact on second year QB CK.

Seattle has "The Beast" who I fondly recall from his days at CAL, and a solid 'D'. It's good to see the NFC West on the Front Page making all those east coast know-nothings eat crow; a Hawk-Niner rematch at the stick on a dry 60 degree day next week proves nobody has it as good as us - us on the left coast.

Note to Huggy: You'll survive. I survived the Dallas comeback at the stick in '72, though I will never ever forgive Preston Riley for his failure to capture that onside kick.

Where's huggy?

Should we send the cops out to do a "citizen welfare check?".....Hopefully they'll get there as he's just putting the rope around his neck.

I'm here. I am also totally pissed about the Falcons kicker and snapper procceeding with a practifce field goal clearly after the time out was called. It is cheating.. It is unsportsmanlike conduct for which there are immedite remedies which were not called even though there could have been no possible dispute of the call.

That comeback was the greatest in NFL playoff history and was snatched from Seattle by a glaringly illegal act ignored by the officials. This was no petty "close call".

It could have also been deemed delay of game and ten seconds run off the clock as is comon in last two minute delay of game infractions..ending the contest.

The game should be immediately protested and awarded to Seattle.

Ya ...I'm here ...What do you want?

Last edited:
Where's huggy?

Should we send the cops out to do a "citizen welfare check?".....Hopefully they'll get there as he's just putting the rope around his neck.

I'm here. I am also totally pissed about the Falcons kicker and snapper procceeding with a practifce field goal clearly after the time out was called. It is cheating.. It is unsportsmanlike conduct for which there are immedite remedies which were not called even though there could have been no possible dispute of the call.

That comeback was the greatest in NFL playoff history and was snatched from Seattle by a glaringly illegal act ignored by the officials. This was no petty "close call".

It could have also been deemed delay of game and ten seconds run off the clock as is comon in last two minute delay of game infractions..ending the contest.

Wilson proved his playoff chops, the team proved it can overcome giving up points early in both games. Disappointing I'm sure, but Seattle is clearly here for the long haul. The NFC West is looking to be strong for years to come, especially if the Rams can get a bit stronger (Arizona is hopeless lol).

Where's huggy?

Don't ruin a great Seahawks comeback with petty whining

Forum List

Back