NFL PLAYOFFS!!!! New Orleans Bound!!!

I agree...the loss of Smith had far greater outcome on your loss to Seattle than Wilson out playing CK.

The Niners can live with mediocre QB play if the defense is at it's best. It will be harder to deal with lesser defense unless Kaepernick plays like Smith did against the Saints last year.

I find it interesting in your choice of words. Before SF got spanked in Seattle suggesting Colin was even possibly mediocre would have been blasphamy. :lol: He didn't play all that badly...we just took away his advertised speed away in the option and forced SF to play a very predictable game because we got ahead so quickly and thoroughly. We did that by forcing a series of three and outs that were turned into points when we got the ball.

Perhaps you can return the favor if we meet again in SF. It would be a hell of a rematch.

I'm not saying Kaep is mediocre, just that he can be when the defense is playing as well as it can. Seattle's defense can make you look pretty bad, though. :tongue:

The Niners can live with mediocre QB play if the defense is at it's best. It will be harder to deal with lesser defense unless Kaepernick plays like Smith did against the Saints last year.

I find it interesting in your choice of words. Before SF got spanked in Seattle suggesting Colin was even possibly mediocre would have been blasphamy. :lol: He didn't play all that badly...we just took away his advertised speed away in the option and forced SF to play a very predictable game because we got ahead so quickly and thoroughly. We did that by forcing a series of three and outs that were turned into points when we got the ball.

Perhaps you can return the favor if we meet again in SF. It would be a hell of a rematch.

I'm not saying Kaep is mediocre, just that he can be when the defense is playing as well as it can. Seattle's defense can make you look pretty bad, though. :tongue:

I have a feeling the Hawk D will make the GREAT RGIII look worse. :lol: From watching the videos I'm not sure the Skins will score at all tommorow. They actually have a worse defense than the Cardinals. For real!

Alas, no more home games for the 'Hawks during the playoffs, but I guess that would have made it too easy.

Go Seahawks!

I have a feeling the Hawk D will make the GREAT RGIII look worse. :lol: From watching the videos I'm not sure the Skins will score at all tommorow. They actually have a worse defense than the Cardinals. For real!

I'm thinking the 'Hawks by 10, but I don't expect it to be easy or pretty. I'm more worried about the field and injuries due to the turf, big boys moving fast and trying to cut on loose sod in near frozen conditions, I just don't want to see any field condition injuries.

I'm thinking the 'Hawks by 10, but I don't expect it to be easy or pretty. I'm more worried about the field and injuries due to the turf, big boys moving fast and trying to cut on loose sod in near frozen conditions, I just don't want to see any field condition injuries.

It's predicted to be 47 deg in DC at gametime. That's short sleaves, cutoffs and sandals weather in Seattle this time of year. :lol: Wilson played in Wisconsin. If you ask me a field in bad condition is a field in bad condition for both teams.

I saw so many dropped passes ... blown coverages and crazy over throws today that I thought I had entered a time warp back to pre season. Seattle will not show up at RFK like these ass clowns today. They will be all business like a mafia hit squad.

Wash has one of the worst defenses in the NFL. We have one of the best. RFK will be real loud just before kick off and ten minutes into the game it will sound like the Library of Congress in there.

I'm so good!!

Woo Hoo
Go 'Hawks!!!!

Ya ur so good! ... :lol: Without a "Beast" fumble inside the 2 and half a dozen Wilson overthows in the redzone the score would have been at least 38-14 and I would be so good.. :lol:

LOL!
I haven't felt these tingles for 7 years!
(my wife sends her most vocal(and moist!) appreciation to all three aspects of the Seahawks game play) {{go 'Hawks}}

Hawk win, but what if RGIII had not been hurt? IMBO (in my biased opinion) the only reason the Hawks won is the Beast - a CAL Golden Bear.

He was definitely in "Beast Scoop" mode..:lol:

How about Wilson racing downfield and blocking for Skittles on his long TD run!
I liked that......Although it would have been nice to have seen him actually lay a lick on him, instead of doing the Prima Donna quarterback duck away at the last second.:cool:

Hawk win, but what if RGIII had not been hurt? IMBO (in my biased opinion) the only reason the Hawks won is the Beast - a CAL Golden Bear.

I liked that......Although it would have been nice to have seen him actually lay a lick on him, instead of doing the Prima Donna quarterback duck away at the last second.:cool:

He should have been on the bench suckin on Gatoraid by the time Lynch crossed the goal line. I don't think Carroll wants his franchise QB running interference for Marshawn Lynch! :lol:

He should have been on the bench suckin on Gatoraid by the time Lynch crossed the goal line. I don't think Carroll wants his franchise QB running interference for Marshawn Lynch! :lol:
I'll Never forget back in the 80's when Jim McMahon got out in front of the late great Walter Payton and TRIED to lay a block on Lawrence Taylor......It was like watching him run right into a brick wall. But, it was enough for Payton to scoot around the end and scamper for a TD....I can still picture the shot of McMahon sitting on the bench with his head weaving back and forth while the trainer was literally shoving amylnitrate ampules up his nose.

I still say, Jim McMahon, John Elway, and Jim Harbaugh are the toughest quarterbacks, as far as being willing to take a licking goes, that i've ever seen.

Last edited:
I really thought the Hawks would be more dominant. Some of the lack of tackling on Lynch runs, the huge openings for Wilson to run into, a few very wide open receivers, showed me that the Redskins defense plays far too aggressively. Seattle gave up those early points, and if RGIII was at 100%.....you never know how things could have ended up.

Still, they got the W, the defense did hold down the Skins after that first quarter, and they now should have gotten most of any playoff jitters under control. We'll have to see how the Clemons injury affects them moving forward. It could be a big deal against pass happy teams like the Falcons, Packers (hopefully not, go Niners!) or Pats.

I don't think today's games said anything about any of the rookie qb's being better than the others, but it certainly should have given Wilson a bit more exposure to show how he's right up there with Luck and RGIII.

I really thought the Hawks would be more dominant. Some of the lack of tackling on Lynch runs, the huge openings for Wilson to run into, a few very wide open receivers, showed me that the Redskins defense plays far too aggressively. Seattle gave up those early points, and if RGIII was at 100%.....you never know how things could have ended up.

Still, they got the W, the defense did hold down the Skins after that first quarter, and they now should have gotten most of any playoff jitters under control. We'll have to see how the Clemons injury affects them moving forward. It could be a big deal against pass happy teams like the Falcons, Packers (hopefully not, go Niners!) or Pats.

I don't think today's games said anything about any of the rookie qb's being better than the others, but it certainly should have given Wilson a bit more exposure to show how he's right up there with Luck and RGIII.

RGIII isn't the first track star to go into the NFL. There was a guy named Hayes that suited up for Dallas. He was a WR. He held the record in the hundred yard dash at the time. He was a little like RGIII in that he looked great for most of a season until he got hit hard a few times and got injured. RGIII is a world class hurdler. That gives him a long stride. Same as Hayes. Problem is at the explosive speed the best defenders play at, long strides are dangerous. The best running backs these days don't have long strides...the durable ones like Lynch always seem to have both feet on the ground when they are close to impacting defenders.
That gives them leverage to show a leg and take it away so they almost never get hit hard in the knees. One major difference between Wilson and RGIII is that Wilson runs more like a halfback as his second sport was second base which developed his lateral movement.

Another famous runner was football great "Johnnie Utah" he sustained a knee injury which prevented him from capturing the leader of "the Dead Presidents".

Notice how "Johnnie" gets great distance on his punt of the pitbull.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CD0hrD9Lp0]Point Break - Epic On-Foot Chase - YouTube[/ame]

RGIII never should have stayed in the game after the first quarter. He was clearly injured on that second TD drive and the Skins gave up any attempt at running an option after that

Shannahan was an idiot for jeopardizing his franchise QB who was at best 50%

Forum List

Back