NFL Playoff Predictions

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Okay, its time to publicly display our ignorance of sports and pick the winners of the playoff games. Since we display our ignorance of politics and current events every day, why not sports!

Okay, here are my picks for the wildcard games this weekend.

Atlanta over Arizona
Baltimore over Miami
Philadelphia over Minnesota
San Diego over Indianapolis.

I hope I'm wrong about Pilly because I'm a Vikings fan, but I think the Eagles are a serious darkhorse.

I saw on TV that for the last four or five years, the number 1 team in the NFC lost in their first playoff game.

For the Super Bowl, I am picking Tennessee over the NY Giants.

Yeah, no way Minnesota beats Philly.

Minnesota has one weapon, Peterson. A Jim Johnson defense thrives on one-tool offenses. We can stack the box to stop Peterson, and our corners will cover their receivers easily. Plus, they leave a lot to be desired at the QB position. We'll be blitzing the shit out of Jackson.

I'm only afraid of Carolina. I think we can take NY, especially since we already have this year.

Minnesota has one weapon, Peterson. A Jim Johnson defense thrives on one-tool offenses. We can stack the box to stop Peterson, and our corners will cover their receivers easily. Plus, they leave a lot to be desired at the QB position.

I'm only afraid of Carolina. I think we can take NY, especially since we already have this year.

Carolina is going all the way, do not care about the other games.

Okay, its time to publicly display our ignorance of sports and pick the winners of the playoff games. Since we display our ignorance of politics and current events every day, why not sports!

Okay, here are my picks for the wildcard games this weekend.

Atlanta over Arizona
Baltimore over Miami
San Diego over Indianapolis.

I hope I'm wrong about Pilly because I'm a Vikings fan, but I think the Eagles are a serious darkhorse.

I saw on TV that for the last four or five years, the number 1 team in the NFC lost in their first playoff game.

For the Super Bowl, I am picking Tennessee over the NY Giants.

Cardies over Falcons (battle of the birds!)
Miami over Crack..err...Baltimore
Eagles over Vikings
Colts over Chargers

My picks:

Atlanta over Arizona
Baltimore over Miami
Indianapolis over San Diego

Minnesota has one weapon, Peterson. A Jim Johnson defense thrives on one-tool offenses. We can stack the box to stop Peterson, and our corners will cover their receivers easily. Plus, they leave a lot to be desired at the QB position. We'll be blitzing the shit out of Jackson.

I think Philly wins, but I wouldn't get too cocky. This is, after all, a team that sucked wind against the powerhouse Bengals and rolled over against the disintegrating Redskins.

I think this game will be close. Minnesota has better personnel on defense, especially if Pat Williams is playing. If Williams is playing, then the Eagles will not gain 100 yards on the ground and it will be up to McNabb to win the game. With Jared Allen in pursuit, you can expect McNabb to be harassed all day.

I do think that the game will come down to if Pat Williams plays and how well Tavaris Jackson does. I'm inclined to go with McNabb over Jackson, which is why Philly will win. However, Jackson played pretty well against the Giants, and was able to find open receivers and the tight end down the field. In that Jimmy Johnson defense, there is space over the middle and in the corners. If the Vikings can exploit that, they win.

It seems that everyone is taking the Colts. Anybody want to lay a little e-wager?

My picks:

Arizona over Atlanta (cause the Cards won't lose at home)
Baltimore over Miami (cause their defense will dominate)
Philadelphia over Minnesota (cause)
Indianapolis over San Diego (cause Peyton is driving to play his brother in the Super Bowl)

I like:

Vikes over eagles
Eglets are up and down and Andy reid remains an idiot, Vikes are home in the dome and play the run well.

Atlanta over Cards
Cards never heard of defense, John Abramham must be salivating at the thought of getting at ageing Kurt Warner

Colts over Chargers
After true grit season can't see Payton Manning falling to barely there Chargers, plus LT says he may have 'tweaked' something in Denver win

Ravens over Dolphins
Wildcat meets Ray Lewis, broadway Joe Flacco and Co, and has a rough ride. Nice run by chad ends in a purple haze

It is my considered and well-reasoned prediction that a team that is not the Broncos will win every game in the Playoffs, and the Superbowl as well.

Anyone who thinks that Miami is a lost cause better watch out. The Dolphins are a very hungry team and none of them have seen the Superbowl except for TV. It's been a very, very long time since you've ever heard the term "Dolphins, Superbowl champions."

The Dolphins are the dark horse of the AFC.
The Eagles are the dark horse of the NFC.

Forum List

Back