NFL Playoff Predictions

Cardies over Falcons
Miami over Crack..err...Baltimore
Eagles over Vikings
Colts over Chargers

damn... 2 outta 2.

Congratulations to the Eagles. And let me ask, are there a lot of retarded people in Philadelphia? That's the only question I can ask, given how many people want Donovan McNabb out and seeing how well he played today. He made some key critical completions at important times of the game under enormous pressure. If you guys want to get rid of him, feel free. We'll take him in Minnesota.

So let's see how everyone did.

JimH52 3-1
Toro 3-1
DavidS 2-2
DiamondDave 2-2
driveby 2-2
jsanders 2-2
Modbert 2-2
Xenophon 2-2
Echo Zulu 1-3
Mr. President 0-1

As for next week, all the home teams win - Baltimore, Pittsburgh, NY Giants and Carolina advance, though I think the two AFC games could be real close.

And Echo, you're still a sports Goddess! :eusa_drool:

Congratulations to the Eagles. And let me ask, are there a lot of retarded people in Philadelphia? That's the only question I can ask, given how many people want Donovan McNabb out and seeing how well he played today. He made some key critical completions at important times of the game under enormous pressure. If you guys want to get rid of him, feel free. We'll take him in Minnesota.

So let's see how everyone did.

JimH52 3-1
Toro 3-1
DavidS 2-2
DiamondDave 2-2
driveby 2-2
jsanders 2-2
Modbert 2-2
Xenophon 2-2
Echo Zulu 1-3
Mr. President 0-1

As for next week, all the home teams win - Baltimore, Pittsburgh, NY Giants and Carolina advance, though I think the two AFC games could be real close.

And Echo, you're still a sports Goddess! :eusa_drool:

Thank you, Eagles from sparing me having to watch the Vikings pretend they have a team anymore. Do they know they need a quarterback who knows what he is doing ? :lol:

Baltimore at Tennessee
Arizona at Carolina
Philadelphia at NY Giants
San Diego at Pittsburgh

My gut tells me to pick Baltimore over Tennessee, but my head tells me not to. I have no doubts about Pittsburgh's defense, but I do about its offense. Their QB is still recovering from a concussion, their running game is almost non-existent.... and I think San Diego is out to prove everyone wrong. So my upset pick is SD to face off against the Titans, who will, in turn dominate the Chargers next week. No way there's a Superbowl without a Manning in it, so it's the Giants vs. Titans. If it's any other team other than the Titans, Giants win easily. If it IS the Titans... well, then it'll be a good game.

Baltimore at Tennessee~Tenn
Arizona at Carolina~Carolina
Philadelphia at NY Giants~Giants
San Diego at Pittsburgh~Pitt

Yeah, I took all the home teams. The only one I may change before next weekend is Baltimore....they may beat Tennessee.

The year Baltimore won the Super Bowl, they beat Tennessee in Nashville. In that game, they scored 24 points and had 6 first downs and 5 completed passes for one of the most amazing results ever.

I'm picking Tennessee to win the Super Bowl but if the Ravens beat them, I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm not sure how everyone can just pick an easy win for the Giants. We already beat them in their house this season. They're a lot like the Vikings, only they have a better QB.

If we stop Jacobs, we'll probably win. I just can't get past the lack of Plaxico. That's going to hurt them at some point, might as well be next week :D

I'm not sure how everyone can just pick an easy win for the Giants. We already beat them in their house this season. They're a lot like the Vikings, only they have a better QB.

If we stop Jacobs, we'll probably win. I just can't get past the lack of Plaxico. That's going to hurt them at some point, might as well be next week :D

The Vikings have a quarterback ? They shoulda played him. :lol:

I don't think they'll easily win but I think the Giants will win.

They have a better running game, full stop, even if the Iggles stack the line.

You're forgetting about Derrick Ward and Jacobs is an unstoppable force now that he's 100%. Giants have other WR's and TE's other than Plaxico. It takes a good Quarterback.. not every team can be Montanna/Rice.

Last edited:

You forget the G men didn't need that last matchup, and earlier in the year they blew out philly also, and you never know what Eagles squad will show.

Today's version or the one that scored 7 vs the Skins.

Last edited:
You forget the G men didn't need that last matchup, and earlier in the year they blew out philly also, and you never know what Eagles squad will show.

Today's version or the one that scored 7 vs the Skins.

Didn't need it? What are you talking about? They were still competing for the first seed at that point. The only game they didn't need was the last one.

Didn't need it? What are you talking about? They were still competing for the first seed at that point. The only game they didn't need was the last one.
Talking about reality.

Giants already had the division before that game started, the only game they needed for #1 seed was carolina.

Baltimore at Tennessee
Arizona at Carolina
Philadelphia at NY Giants
San Diego at Pittsburgh

Pretty confident in the Ravens... higher ranked defense and offense.. most are overlooking that...

Carolina, I fully believe, brings the cardinals back to earth... Cardinals ain't at home for this one, and they're a different team on the road...

It is hard to predict games between division rivals meeting for the 3rd time. Logic would dictate that Philly would want to go with what won them the last game and the Giants would be looking to make changes to beat what beat them. The team making the changes would prevail. But I think that Philly has a little something going on and that they are not scared to play in Giants stadium...

San Diego is hot, and I am not thrilled with the Pittsburgh offense... If San Diego's D plays well, the Steelers are in for a LONG day

I'm taking all four home teams this round.

Ravens showed they really don't have much offense, they rely on the D to give them the ball, titans play a tough ball control and should handle that.

Can't see John Fox losing to Kurt Warner at home, the Cards are horrible on the east coast and the road in general.

Steelers vs Chargers is a rematch of the bitter 11-10 game, I only like Pitt because they are home.

G men over Eglets. Giants beat Philly in Philly, and twice the year before, eglets broke through in second meeting that saw 5 NY starters out of the starting lineup. Now only plax will be missing.

Forum List

Back