Next Step in Evolution of our Civilisation

What should be done about the current situation?

• Legalising drugs only

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Legalising and regulating drugs

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Continuing the current war on drugs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Better idea: round up drug dealers and shoot them after a fair trial.

That's what they do in Saudi Arabia ... every year ... what does that tell you?

It tells us that "The Problem" is not the Supplier... but THE DEMAND.

Now... Reader, take a guess at what element our in-house promoter of Foreign Ideas Hostile To American Principle, represents?

Granted, it is entirely probable that it is a drug dealer; likely small time, peddling small quantities of high grade pot, a little coke here and there... probably a nice assortment of stolen prescription meds.

But she's a drug addict, and this despite her protestations to the contrary. (Yes... they're always the last to know...).

So, as she points out, attempts to crush the supply of a highly demanded product is a waste of time.

The solution is to dry up demand. And to do that, takes discipline and patience and a long game strategy, wherein the current crop of infants are taught sound principle... as set forth in God's law.

Over time, a virtuous society produces little to no demand for illicit substances.

I will now allow the problem to present itself:

Oh god, this is like talking to a wall ...

If the government decriminalised drugs and started regulating them, there would be no business for any dealers, it would be the government that'd be the 'dealer.'

I am arguing for the drug business to be taken out of the hands of criminals (drug cartels, dealers) and have it under strict government control.

If I were a dealer, as you believe, would I be arguing for government control of these substances?

Sugar... please... This has all the complexity of WATER WET!

You want to decriminalize dope, on the premise that doing so would better protect children than absolute prohibitions that come with life altering punishment... .

It's IDIOCY on a pitiful scale. You're a drug addled fool. You 'feel' it makes sense... because you do not possess the intellectual means to understand how stupid it is.

Perhaps a visual analogy will help:

iu

Now... Reader, take a guess at what element our in-house promoter of Foreign Ideas Hostile To American Principle, represents?

Granted, it is entirely probable that it is a drug dealer; likely small time, peddling small quantities of high grade pot, a little coke here and there... probably a nice assortment of stolen prescription meds.

But she's a drug addict, and this despite her protestations to the contrary. (Yes... they're always the last to know...).

So, as she points out, attempts to crush the supply of a highly demanded product is a waste of time.

The solution is to dry up demand. And to do that, takes discipline and patience and a long game strategy, wherein the current crop of infants are taught sound principle... as set forth in God's law.

Over time, a virtuous society produces little to no demand for illicit substances.

If the government decriminalised drugs and started regulating them, there would be no business for any dealers, it would be the government that'd be the 'dealer.'

I am arguing for the drug business to be taken out of the hands of criminals (drug cartels, dealers) and have it under strict government control.

If I were a dealer, as you believe, would I be arguing for government control of these substances?

You want to decriminalize dope, on the premise that doing so would better protect children than absolute prohibitions and life altering punishment for merely possessing it.

It's IDIOCY on a pitiful scale. You're a drug addled fool. You 'feel' it makes sense... because you do not possess the intellectual means to understand how stupid it is.

Allow me a moment to present you a visual analogy:

iu

You are truly embarrassing yourself.

The War on Drugs started in the 70's. It has cost billions of dollars and many lives.

What has that accomplished? NOTHING. The drug problem has only gotten WORSE, drug use is UP and there is no 'end' of this war in sight.

What do we learn from this? What we learn (or most of us, with at least two synapses to rub) is that drugs are not going away and that even insane mandatory minimums (20+ years) do not prevent folks from doing drugs.

Not to mention, that not only has prohibition failed in keeping drugs off streets/schools, but also out of the most controlled areas of the country - in prisons.

What you suggest is to go on and keep doing the same thing while expecting a different result - that is a definition of insanity.

I and many others (including former Narcs and police officers) see the solution in legalisation and STRICT regulation of the substances.

Again, I will ignore your personal attacks.

You want to decriminalize dope, on the premise that doing so would better protect children than absolute prohibitions and life altering punishment for merely possessing it.

iu

The War on Drugs started in the 70's. It has cost billions of dollars and many lives.

What has that accomplished? NOTHING. The drug problem has only gotten WORSE, drug use is UP and there is no 'end' of this war in sight.

What do we learn from this? What we learn (or most of us, with at least two synapses to rub) is that drugs are not going away and that even insane mandatory minimums (20+ years) do not prevent folks from doing drugs.

Not to mention, that not only has prohibition failed in keeping drugs off streets/schools, but also out of the most controlled areas of the country - in prisons.

What you suggest is to go on and keep doing the same thing while expecting a different result - that is a definition of insanity.

I and many others (including former Narcs and police officers) see the solution in legalisation and STRICT regulation of the substances.

Because we are not serious. The chances of someone getting caught selling drugs, much less using them, is miniscule. And if they are caught the jail terms arent much deterrent.
No, we start getting serious. First offense, rehab. Second offense, firing squad. Dealer: loss of body parts.

iu

Because we are not serious. The chances of someone getting caught selling drugs, much less using them, is miniscule. And if they are caught the jail terms arent much deterrent.
No, we start getting serious. First offense, rehab. Second offense, firing squad. Dealer: loss of body parts.

They cut heads off for these offences in Saudi Arabia, yet the problem still persists even over there. Plus, it's inhumane and beyond disgusting.

Here is the Law Enforcement Against Prohibition website: http://www.leap.cc All american retired Police law enforcement officers that have seen - first hand - how prohibition does not work.

Oh yeah, and now many doctors are joining their ranks as well ...

Why Legalize Drugs - LEAP

We believe that drug prohibition is the true cause of much of the social and personal damage that has historically been attributed to drug use. It is prohibition that makes these drugs so valuable – while giving criminals a monopoly over their supply. Driven by the huge profits from this monopoly, criminal gangs bribe and kill each other, law enforcers, and children. Their trade is unregulated and they are, therefore, beyond our control.

History has shown that drug prohibition reduces neither use nor abuse. After a rapist is arrested, there are fewer rapes. After a drug dealer is arrested, however, neither the supply nor the demand for drugs is seriously changed. The arrest merely creates a job opening for an endless stream of drug entrepreneurs who will take huge risks for the sake of the enormous profits created by prohibition. Prohibition costs taxpayers tens of billions of dollars every year, yet 40 years and some 40 million arrests later, drugs are cheaper, more potent and far more widely used than at the beginning of this futile crusade.

We believe that by eliminating prohibition of all drugs for adults and establishing appropriate regulation and standards for distribution and use, law enforcement could focus more on crimes of violence, such as rape, aggravated assault, child abuse and murder, making our communities much safer. We believe that sending parents to prison for non-violent personal drug use destroys families. We believe that in a regulated and controlled environment, drugs will be safer for adult use and less accessible to our children. And we believe that by placing drug abuse in the hands of medical professionals instead of the criminal justice system, we will reduce rates of addiction and overdose deaths.

LOL! Yeah... clearly.

Sugar, I have lived in South Florida for most of 55 years... there's nothing about the 70s of which you're going to inform me.

You're here to advocate for a further decline in cultural standards.... to promote the acceptance of personal avoidance.

YOU and your cult are at the diametrical center of every level of THE PROBLEM.

What has that accomplished? NOTHING.

Based upon what? That people still do drugs? Because one generation passes down the addiction, to the next?

The drug problem has only gotten WORSE, drug use is UP and there is no 'end' of this war in sight.

Is it? You're basing that upon what? Your immediate environment? The propaganda advanced by your advocacy?

What do we learn from this?

That you are prone to deceit, flawed logical constructs... and incapable of objective reason.

It turns out that declining cultural standards, the rejection of sound principle... consistently result in lower cultural performance, increase in debauched behavior and overall degeneration of the culture. But that is only because that is the only possible consequence of lowering standards.

You're a fool... and what's worse is that unlike most fools, at least historically, you lack the objectivity to take ever steps to push yourself above it. Most like, this is the result of your chronic use of drugs which have now so inculcated your life, that they've replaced your character. You've literally come to be defined by your addiction.

Meaning that you're a pitiful fool. And Sis... A viable culture does not set public policy based upon the subjective needs of pitiful fools.

They cut heads off for these offences in Saudi Arabia, yet the problem still persists even over there. Plus, it's inhumane and beyond disgusting.

LOL!

There is actually not a single instance of a Drug Dealer or User, whose had their head cut off... dealing or using drugs again.

The tactic literally has a 100% efficacy rate.

iu

They hardly have the drug problem we have here.
Drugs are pretty inhumane and disgusting too.

You mean like alcohol and tobacco that annually kill thousands of people? You know, those are drugs too ... just as caffeine is. I think there is a pretty big difference between certain drugs.

As much as I dislike drugs, I would never ever be for executing anyone based on those .... well, except cartel leaders/members that are already guilty of murder, torture, you name it ...

You mean like alcohol and tobacco that annually kill thousands of people? You know, those are drugs too ... just as caffeine is. I think there is a pretty big difference between certain drugs.

As much as I dislike drugs, I would never ever be for executing anyone based on those .... well, except cartel leaders/members that are already guilty of murder, torture, you name it ...
blahblablah
Alcohol and tobacco are nothing like meth and cocaine.
Get a life.

And yet, I'm willing to bet you didn't watch the videos I posted.

I watched them. It's interesting, but it's going a little too far into the eternal conspiracy land ...

So people in government TELL you what is going on, and you refuse to believe them, is that it?

The videos didn't say anything about people in government saying anything ... there was a former cop claiming that CIA was involved in drug trade and then there was Ron Paul talking about all sorts of things, including things I already know of (Nicaragua, Noriega, etc.). It doesn't convince me. However, I'm not saying it's 100% not true ... I simply don't know.

That said, this is not the topic of this thread. Maybe create a thread on that topic and we can discuss that over there.

blahblablah
Alcohol and tobacco are nothing like meth and cocaine.
Get a life.

Alcohol and tobacco are more deadly and dangerous than marijuana. Marijuana is classified as a class A drug just like meth and cocaine ... How much sense does that make? There is a big difference between a drug and a drug, but this is not the topic of this thread either, so I really don't want to discuss this ...

You have to understand, the global government, in order to operate, needs secret revenue streams. It also needs a reason to exist.

One of those streams comes from the profiteering of drugs.

There is a literally a HUGE black market economy that the legitimate economy rests on. The world wide banking system depends on laundering huge amounts of cash. This cash then funds political campaigns, off the books tech projects, and clandestine operations.

No, drugs will never be legal. In fact, they may someday make all guns and liquor illegal if they had the power to. Maybe they will even make porn and liquor illegal. The more things they can make illegal, the more gangs and organized crime proliferates, the more money and power the State can accumulate protecting the pubic from the very things it outlawed.

The State always excels in creating a need for it's own existence.

I don't think you're correct. You go a little too far down the conspiracy hole for my taste. You of course have the right to hold whatever views you want.

There are clear signs of progress: Portugal has legalised drugs. Possession of small amounts of certain drugs (for personal use) was legalised in the Czech Republic, not to mention the few US states that have legalised grass... I'm feeling optimistic, I just want the process to speed up.

Portugal. Now there's a country to emulate.

You have to understand, the global government, in order to operate, needs secret revenue streams. It also needs a reason to exist.

There is a literally a HUGE black market economy that the legitimate economy rests on. The world wide banking system depends on laundering huge amounts of cash. This cash then funds political campaigns, off the books tech projects, and clandestine operations.

No, drugs will never be legal. In fact, they may someday make all guns and liquor illegal if they had the power to. Maybe they will even make porn and liquor illegal. The more things they can make illegal, the more gangs and organized crime proliferates, the more money and power the State can accumulate protecting the pubic from the very things it outlawed.

I don't think you're correct. You go a little too far down the conspiracy hole for my taste. You of course have the right to hold whatever views you want.

There are clear signs of progress: Portugal has legalised drugs. Possession of small amounts of certain drugs (for personal use) was legalised in the Czech Republic, not to mention the few US states that have legalised grass... I'm feeling optimistic, I just want the process to speed up.

What's wrong with Portugal? Why don't you expand on your trollish one-liner. I'm curious ...

There is a literally a HUGE black market economy that the legitimate economy resPortugalts on. The world wide banking system depends on laundering huge amounts of cash. This cash then funds political campaigns, off the books tech projects, and clandestine operations.

What's wrong with Portugal? Why don't you expand on your trollish one-liner. I'm curious ...

Portugal is a failed state. I should not have to tell you that. Drugs have so permeated the people that they are mostly illiterate. There is no industry. They live on EU charity. They don't carr because they are high and don't think about it.

And yet, I'm willing to bet you didn't watch the videos I posted.

I watched them. It's interesting, but it's going a little too far into the eternal conspiracy land ...

So people in government TELL you what is going on, and you refuse to believe them, is that it?

The videos didn't say anything about people in government saying anything ... there was a former cop claiming that CIA was involved in drug trade and then there was Ron Paul talking about all sorts of things, including things I already know of (Nicaragua, Noriega, etc.). It doesn't convince me. However, I'm not saying it's 100% not true ... I simply don't know.

That said, this is not the topic of this thread. Maybe create a thread on that topic and we can discuss that over there.

What I'm saying is, it DOESN'T MATTER what you feel, or what you want.

Likewise, it doesn't matter what everyone in civilized democracies want. There is too much corruption going on.

You may FEEL. Or you may BELIEVE, that this clandestine operation with drug cartels or that operation with drug dealers is a "conspiracy theory. . . " However, THAT miss, is just your ignorance. You are completely missing the point.

You are discussing something that will never change because your beliefs and your feelings, and because of your ignorance.

In fact, the whole idea of "conspiracy theories" was introduced by CIA propagandists in the sixties to bull shit the public when they demanded an independent congressional investigation of the JFK assassination. Incidentally, that investigation came up with a completely different conclusion than the Warren Commission, but it doesn't matter, b/c the official story still stands.

Bleating like a sheep, when told the truth about how the world works, you whip out that angry canard, "conspiracy theory," to deny what is a well known fact for those of us who study world politics.

I don't give a shit what your "FEELINGS," or "BELIEFS" on the subject are. YOU ARE POWERLESS in the face of entrenched clandestine interests. Sorry babe. It doesn't matter what the public wants. There is way to much power and profit in creating a black market and crime for the government to ever make drugs decriminalized. So you are wasting your time. Localities might decriminalize it, but it will always be a federal crime.

Tuesday, 14 January 2014
U.S. Government and Top Mexican Drug Cartel Exposed as Partners
U.S. Government and Top Mexican Drug Cartel Exposed as Partners
Relying on over 100 interviews with current and former government functionaries on both sides of the border, as well as official documents from the U.S. and Mexican governments, Mexico’s El Universal concluded that the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and the U.S. Justice Department had secretly worked with Mexican drug lords. The controversial conspiring led to increased violence across Mexico, where many tens of thousands have been murdered in recent years, the newspaper found after its year-long probe. The U.S. agents and their shady deals with Mexican drug lords even sparked what the paper called a “secret war” inside Mexico.

<snip>

According to former officials and drug kingpins, the agreements between Sinaloa and Washington also allowed the criminal empire to ship multi-ton quantities of hard drugs across the border into the United States. In all, El Universal said there had been at least 50 meetings in Mexico between U.S. government agents and senior Sinaloa bosses, along with many more phone calls and e-mails. The criminal syndicate’s leaders “were given carte blanche to continue to smuggle tons of illicit drugs into Chicago and the rest of the United States and were also protected by the United States government from arrest and prosecution,” Zambada-Niebla’s court filings state, adding that the U.S. government has the documents proving it. “Indeed, United States government agents aided the leaders of the Sinaloa Cartel.”

Unsurprisingly, none of the American federal agencies implicated in the machinations would comment on the revelations. However, citing court documents and official records it published online — as well as numerous interviews with federal agents, convicts, and analysts — the paper was able to conclusively confirm what experts and even officials have been arguing for years: The U.S. government is deeply intertwined with the drug trade. It was not clear what statutory or constitutional authority Washington, D.C., believes would authorize its functionaries to participate in, protect, and facilitate wanton criminal activity.

Cocaine Jet That Crashed in Mexico Part of Cowboy Government Operation, DEA Sources Claim
Narco News: Cocaine Jet That Crashed in Mexico Part of Cowboy Government Operation, DEA Sources Claim
Conrad says such a “cover” approach is not a crazy conspiracy theory. He adds that when he was with U.S. Customs — which has since become part of ICE — the CIA placed one of its agents in Japan with Customs credentials as a cover.

Though speculation, such a structure could provide the Agency with the clearance it needed to carry out the operation stateside and a convenient scapegoat if the operation imploded — along with plenty of plausible deniability.

It wouldn’t be the first time that the CIA has been accused of running rough shod over law enforcement priorities.

In the early 1990s, the CIA ran a spook mission designed to infiltrate Colombian narco-trafficking groups that resulted in at least a ton of cocaine — some estimates put the figure much higher — entering the United States unchecked. The former head of the DEA, Robert Bonner, incensed at the Agency’s actions, which were carried out over DEA’s objections, went on national TV at the time and essentially accused the CIA of engaging in drug trafficking.

The CIA operation, which was carried out with the assistance of the Venezuelan National Guard, unraveled after U.S. Customs seized a load of the dope in Miami.

So, one way to avoid a repeat of that mistake in an operation like the alleged Mayan Express, assuming it is a CIA-run effort, is to use Customs (ICE) as a cover for the operation, one law enforcer suggests.

U.S. Agents Launder Mexican Profits of Drug Cartels

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/w...-of-mexican-cartels.html?pagewanted=1&_r=3&hp
Today, in operations supervised by the Justice Department and orchestrated to get around sovereignty restrictions, the United States is running numerous undercover laundering investigations against Mexico’s most powerful cartels. One D.E.A. official said it was not unusual for American agents to pick up two or three loads of Mexican drug money each week. A second official said that as Mexican cartels extended their operations from Latin America to Africa, Europe and the Middle East, the reach of the operations had grown as well. When asked how much money had been laundered as a part of the operations, the official would only say, “A lot.”

“If you’re going to get into the business of laundering money,” the official added, “then you have to be able to launder money.”

Former counternarcotics officials, who also would speak only on the condition of anonymity about clandestine operations, offered a clearer glimpse of their scale and how they worked. In some cases, the officials said, Mexican agents, posing as smugglers and accompanied by American authorities, pick up traffickers’ cash in Mexico. American agents transport the cash on government flights to the United States, where it is deposited into traffickers’ accounts, and then wired to companies that provide goods and services to the cartel.

This is just a teeny, tiny fraction of what is out there if you had an inkling of motivation to do the research. But you probably don't have the initiative to do it. It is clear that you have been conditioned with a world view, and you refuse to believe anything different. Well, YOU DON'T MATTER. At least on this issue.

Why would the government legalize drugs and put itself out of business? The government is there to solve problems, fight crime, etc. So why is it going to get rid of them? You have no idea what you are talking about.

If you care about this issue, why not address the global corruption in government, and the corruption that exists by profiteering within intelligence agencies of the worlds most powerful nations? Till then, things will remain as they are. Government is the problem, people are the solution.

Forum List

Back