Newt says reinstate Glass Steagal

I give Newt credit here. He pushed for legislation, he recognizes that it was a mistake, and he doesn't mince words over it. Comes right out and says we should reverse course, and is unapologetic about that reversal. I think it speaks well of him. And I agree with him on this issue, we should reinstate it.

gingrich admitting he was part of the reason for the economy being in the shitter.. and being unapologetic about it.... will play well in dem ads if newt gets the nom.......

Well good luck with that ad if it comes to it. But keep in mind no matter who the Republican nominee turns out to be will have the benefit of many many ads quoting Barry and other Dims on a wide variety of his/their missteps to date. As I've posted before, my fave is gonna be Barry & company laughing about those stimulus shovel ready job they promised lots of unemployed folks. Only to find out the president and his pals were pulling their legs all along. What a knee slapper, huh?
Soooooooooooooo.......Republican-congressmen are gonna
GIVE-BACK ALL THOSE CHECK$????

:eusa_eh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w894xqReOdo]Rachel Maddow Exposes Republican Hypocrisy For What It Is......BS.flv - YouTube[/ame]​

Then you have no point, and we can move on. You have nothing negative to point out about G-S other than your opinion. Who cares? We get it.

Your comment meant nothing.
And now you won't elaborate.
G-S didn't prevent banks from writing mortgages.
The crisis was caused by banks losing money on mortgages.
You have no point.

Ah..so it was the banks that made the mortgage deals in the first place?

Guess all the newspapers got it wrong and an anonymous internet poster got it right!

:lol:

Yes, oddly enough, banks make mortgages. Have for a while. Even under Glass Steagall.

They would not have written them because they would not have been able to make money off them if they had to keep them.

That was explained you just dont understand much about the subject\

Last edited:
Only a lot more than you.
I know, it's a low bar you set.

I explained this mess in my own words and cited laws and inactions on laws.

You see this is why the tea party is so bad for the country.

You people pretend you know things when you know nothing

You failed to explain how Glass Steagall would have prevented bank losses on mortgages.

It would have prevented financial institutions from initially guaranting them when the newly minted mortgage agencies went and made the dodgy loans.

Would have also prevented the Arthur Anderson meltdown as well.

Silly boy.

They would have had to sell them out right to someone else or face the effect of them defaulting like they knew they would when they wrote them.

GLBA 1999 gave the banks the right to sell securities.

They rolled these shit bags in with good loans and sold them VIA their own brokers ( which could be any smuck they picked and trained like they wanted because Bush's SEC never implimented the broker rules in the bill for 8 years). They then sold them to unsuspecting buyers who did not realise the broker rules were never implimented.

It pays to have some idea what the laws are and do before you spout partisan crap

read it again

They would not have written them because they would not have been able to make money off them if they had to keep them.

That was explained you just dont understand much about the subject

Banks lost money on the mortgages they kept. Billions.

Some banks even bought MBS created by other banks.

I explained this mess in my own words and cited laws and inactions on laws.

You see this is why the tea party is so bad for the country.

You people pretend you know things when you know nothing

You failed to explain how Glass Steagall would have prevented bank losses on mortgages.

It would have prevented financial institutions from initially guaranting them when the newly minted mortgage agencies went and made the dodgy loans.

Would have also prevented the Arthur Anderson meltdown as well.

Bank MBS are guaranteed? How?

Arthur Anderson is gone because they helped Enron lie about their earnings.

I like Newt.
Yeah......let's HEAR IT!! for "Frig" Newton's.....

budance.gif

Yes they did because the sub primes inflated housing prices causing even good loans to default because Bush crashed the world wide economy by refusing to impliment the Broker rules which allowed the banks to hire whom ever they wanted as a broker and train them however they wanted.

Before that Brokers were trusted professionals with credentials

The funny thing is the right now has to back regulating the industry to defend Newt.

Im glad that they are starting to come to their senses for once.

It was a stupid move (by Clinton, fyi) and anyone with even a half an ounce of common sense knows that. Pity that our politicians - both sides - put corruption above the country way back during Clinton's presidency, huh?

go read the link in my sig.

It PROVES that the Bush SEC held back the broker rules in the GLBA for 8 long years.

That meant there were NO rules on who could be a broker.

The banks could desidewho to hire, how to train them and what they would sell.

If the entire Bill had been implimented this would NOT have happened.

Bush team caused this mess

Yes they did because the sub primes inflated housing prices causing even good loans to default because Bush crashed the world wide economy by refusing to impliment the Broker rules which allowed the banks to hire whom ever they wanted as a broker and train them however they wanted.

Before that Brokers were trusted professionals with credentials

Yeah, if only all brokers had credentials, banks wouldn't have written bad loans. :cuckoo:

The funny thing is the right now has to back regulating the industry to defend Newt.

Im glad that they are starting to come to their senses for once.

It was a stupid move (by Clinton, fyi) and anyone with even a half an ounce of common sense knows that. Pity that our politicians - both sides - put corruption above the country way back during Clinton's presidency, huh?

It had to be passed by congress. Who controlled congress?

And yes many dems had sold out to big business as well.
Please!!!!

Gramm SNUCK that bill in.....'cause he couldn't get it passed
ON IT'S OWN MERIT!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKKvMJeBBSA]Q&A: Leslie & Andrew Cockburn - YouTube[/ame]

SEE: 5:00 thru 12:00

PHIL GRAMM.....

gallows2.jpg

...COME ON DOWN!!!!

Last edited:
dear brain dead friend.

I think its great someone in the republican party get it.

Your party crashed the world economy with this push for deregiulation.

It fucked us bad.

Now realise this will ruin Newt with your tea party base.

They dont care that he cheated on wife after wife.

They dont care he took huge sums of money from freddy.

They will care if he become sane and backs away from the crazy town TP idea that regulation is bad.

This is what's great about partisans, be they on the right or left, how well they can spin to make everything good for their 'side'. TM of course takes the cake. Ask her about balance budgets in the '90's and she'll tell you all about how Clinton did it. Talk about deregulation that Clinton signed in the '90's and watch how quick she'll turn to tell you it wasn't his fault. Keep on keeping on TM.

Newt says reinstate Glass Steagal

Does this mean you will throw Newt under the bus?

Barney Frank says Glass Steagal would not have prevented the subprime housing crisis. Barney Frank is against reinstating Glass Steagal.

Does this mean you will throw Barney Frank under the bus?

heres a little tip.

Just claiming something doesnt make it true.

You want to quote Franks then quote him.

I gave a link to Newts words so you could see he actually said what I claimed he said.

If you want to play like the adults provide links to your claims

Barney Frank has said this several times & in several ways. Below is just one of several videos of him saying Glass Steagal would not have prevented the derivatives, subprime housing crisis & he is against reinstating Glass Steagal.

Barney Frank on Glass Steagal

Frankly if Newt makes the tea party face the facts like Deregulation is BAD for the country and that FDR was a hero then I would welcome newt with all his baggage back into poltics.

They are throwing their whole previous positions on these things in trash for newt.

He is way smarter than the rest of the pack but he will also take money from the likes of Fand F and then say people who do should be in jail.

Weird guy newt

TM, if deregulation is so bad for the country why have Democratic Presidents signed more deregulation over the past 35 years than Republicans?

Frankly if Newt makes the tea party face the facts like Deregulation is BAD for the country and that FDR was a hero then I would welcome newt with all his baggage back into poltics.

They are throwing their whole previous positions on these things in trash for newt.

He is way smarter than the rest of the pack but he will also take money from the likes of Fand F and then say people who do should be in jail.

Weird guy newt

TM, if deregulation is so bad for the country why have Democratic Presidents signed more deregulation over the past 35 years than Republicans?

Hey cawack, hows it going.

Now its customary to give a link to prove a claim when you make it.

Gt get the numbers at some reputable source and we will discuss it like adults.

WHAT the bills actually said is the key huh?

Forum List

Back