Newt says reinstate Glass Steagal

We will begin with you supporting your opinion, then I will respond. That's how it's done, Toddster.

I have no opinion about your comment about conflict of interest.

Then you have no point, and we can move on. You have nothing negative to point out about G-S other than your opinion. Who cares? We get it.

Your comment meant nothing.
And now you won't elaborate.
G-S didn't prevent banks from writing mortgages.
The crisis was caused by banks losing money on mortgages.
You have no point.

Who was it that worked for decades to rid us of Glass Steagal?

What party held up the regulations in that bill for seven years while the banks ran amouk?

Glass Steagal should be reinstated.

We all agree.

I thought you people hated regulations on business?
Easy, there.....you might be addressing fans o' that ol' war-hero....

....and, FAILED PREZ-CANDIDATE!!!!

john-mccain-tongue.jpg

I give Newt credit here. He pushed for legislation, he recognizes that it was a mistake, and he doesn't mince words over it. Comes right out and says we should reverse course, and is unapologetic about that reversal. I think it speaks well of him. And I agree with him on this issue, we should reinstate it.

gingrich admitting he was part of the reason for the economy being in the shitter.. and being unapologetic about it.... will play well in dem ads if newt gets the nom.......
It's probably too early to tell.

Republicans might start recycling their candidates.....meaning.....

SNOOKI PALIN!!
COME ON DOWN!!!!

mccain-palin_801679c.jpg

Frankly if Newt makes the tea party face the facts like Deregulation is BAD for the country and that FDR was a hero then I would welcome newt with all his baggage back into poltics.

They are throwing their whole previous positions on these things in trash for newt.

He is way smarter than the rest of the pack but he will also take money from the likes of Fand F and then say people who do should be in jail.

Weird guy newt

Changes in economic policy don't necessarily have immediate effects, good or bad. Sometimes the effects develop over time. In the case of Glass-Steagal, its repeal allowed financial institutions to play risky games with other people's money. It was just about guaranteed that this would return to bite us sooner or later, but there was no reason to think it would have an instantaneous effect, and it did not. Fifteen years later, the odds caught up with the banks and the system crashed and burned.

The underlying problems in the economy actually go back to thirty-year-old legislative and administrative changes.

I do agree with this. It takes time for the problems to mature and come to fruition. But to simply pin the entire thing on Newt for a single piece of legislation. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a supporter of his. I'm just trying to be reasonable.
Don't try to explain timelines to Republicans/Teabaggers.

It makes their heads hurt.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y04g6OPLnQ]Obama Dismantles Republican Caucus Part 1 of 7 - YouTube[/ame]​

Who is next in line after they toss Newt on the trash heap for being to liberal?

I have no opinion about your comment about conflict of interest.

Then you have no point, and we can move on. You have nothing negative to point out about G-S other than your opinion. Who cares? We get it.

Your comment meant nothing.
And now you won't elaborate.
G-S didn't prevent banks from writing mortgages.
The crisis was caused by banks losing money on mortgages.
You have no point.

Ah..so it was the banks that made the mortgage deals in the first place?

Guess all the newspapers got it wrong and an anonymous internet poster got it right!

:lol:

It's not dubious in the least. This is what a lot of people don't understand. Changes in economic policy don't necessarily have immediate effects, good or bad. Sometimes the effects develop over time. In the case of Glass-Steagal, its repeal allowed financial institutions to play risky games with other people's money. It was just about guaranteed that this would return to bite us sooner or later, but there was no reason to think it would have an instantaneous effect, and it did not. Fifteen years later, the odds caught up with the banks and the system crashed and burned.

The underlying problems in the economy actually go back to thirty-year-old legislative and administrative changes.

Bingo!

Someone else who thinks in terms longer than 4 years.

Isn't that incredible. I say it and the left call me an idiot. A lefty says it and you agree. Can you say 'I am a partisan hypocrite'?
Keep movin'-along, there, Bubblhead. Maybe you'll find a pageant, somewhere.

:eusa_hand:

All you've ever done, here, is insult people....no doubt a result o' your limited-vocabulary.​

Is the right willing to dump the tennant of their ideas which is Deregulation is god so they can go with newt?

If it is so then the sanity is returning to the right

You have no idea what you are talking about do you tod?

Only a lot more than you.
I know, it's a low bar you set.

I explained this mess in my own words and cited laws and inactions on laws.

You see this is why the tea party is so bad for the country.

You people pretend you know things when you know nothing

You failed to explain how Glass Steagall would have prevented bank losses on mortgages.

Forum List

Back