Newt on Trump

Correll

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2015
From Slate, no less.

Very good article, very much worth reading.

A Spirited Debate With Newt Gingrich on the Merits of Donald Trump

"
Isaac Chotiner: You were at a meeting on Monday with other Washington figures and Trump. What did you make of him?

Newt Gingrich: Well, Callista and I were both very impressed. In that kind of a setting he talks in a relatively low tone. He is very much somebody who has been good at business. And he listens well. He outlined the campaign as he saw it. I think he did a good job listening. He occasionally asked clarifying questions. He was very open to critical advice. I am not going to get into details, but I will say my overall impression was that in that setting he was totally under control as a guy who has done a ton of business and knows exactly how to operate in that kind of room."

Very much different than the caricature that the Main Stream Media and the Political Class would have you believe.

"Very much different than the caricature than the Main Stream Media and the Political Class would have you believe."

in other words, the people who have been paying attention to the reality of his rhetoric.

"Very much different than the caricature than the Main Stream Media and the Political Class would have you believe."

in other words, the people who have been paying attention to the reality of his rhetoric.

I posted a comment from a real intellectual and a former SPeaker of the House on his personal interactions with Trump.

In it, many of the assumptions about Trump, for example, not open to criticism, are shown to be incorrect.

Do you have a comment on this discrepancy?

Fig Newton belongs with Ted Cruz they both change faster than a chameleon changes its colors..

69f70829c91379dc798e1eefd9fefd1f.jpg

Don't know who that prick-loon-pinhead was, but Gingrich had twice the I.Q points the prick did...and way more education.

Thanks for the article.

More good stuff from the OP, that I know you lefties are afraid to read.

"Look, you read a lot of books about how the world works, you are an educated person, you care about policy. When you hear Trump address subjects like NATO, it doesn’t worry you—

No. I read what he said about NATO, and I think it has been grossly taken out of context. What he said about NATO was the Bush–Rumsfeld position, which is that the Europeans ought to pick up more of the slack.

What about his thoughts on Putin?

[Laughs.] He doesn’t want to get into a fight with Putin. I don’t know that that is stupid. Putin has 5,000 nuclear weapons. You want to try and defend the Obama fecklessness? All bluster and no performance.

OK, well, does—"

From Slate, no less.

"
Isaac Chotiner: You were at a meeting on Monday with other Washington figures and Trump. What did you make of him?

Newt Gingrich: Well, Callista and I were both very impressed. In that kind of a setting he talks in a relatively low tone. He is very much somebody who has been good at business. And he listens well. He outlined the campaign as he saw it. I think he did a good job listening. He occasionally asked clarifying questions. He was very open to critical advice. I am not going to get into details, but I will say my overall impression was that in that setting he was totally under control as a guy who has done a ton of business and knows exactly how to operate in that kind of room."

Very much different than the caricature that the Main Stream Media and the Political Class would have you believe.

Wait a minute, you mean the realty star Trump doesn't call any woman who doesn't sleep with him a fat slob all the time? Who would have ever guessed that a guy who has built multiple hotels and golf courses, and negotiated with bankers and CEO's would behave differently than when he is mugging for a TV audience? It's shocking! If he can't show us who he really is during a 90 minute debate, then we should not vote for him. I want a President who will shake hands with Putin, and then whip out his package to show Putin who he is dealing with. Trump can not be trusted.

Fig Newton belongs with Ted Cruz they both change faster than a chameleon changes its colors..

69f70829c91379dc798e1eefd9fefd1f.jpg

Yep.

They're both a couple of good "chrisitans" who share the same family values, all righty.

12924419_1108571929235860_4609706877154978010_n.jpg

SOmeone makes a real point, and the lefties response with personal attacks.

Typical.

I just stated the facts.

Grow up. Deal with it.

You trolled a thread with off topic personal smear propaganda.

I posted a comment from a real intellectual and a former SPeaker of the House on his personal interactions with Trump.

In it, many of the assumptions about Trump, for example, not open to criticism, are shown to be incorrect.

trump not being open to criticism isn't what's making headlines for him.

you made that up.

he's rightly being criticized by those who are paying attention.

do you have a comment on the true caricature being portrayed and specifically what has been supposedly misrepresented by the main stream media and the political class you attempt to dismiss..?

From Slate, no less.

"

Wait a minute, you mean the realty star Trump doesn't call any woman who doesn't sleep with him a fat slob all the time? Who would have ever guessed that a guy who has built multiple hotels and golf courses, and negotiated with bankers and CEO's would behave differently than when he is mugging for a TV audience? It's shocking! If he can't show us who he really is during a 90 minute debate, then we should not vote for him. I want a President who will shake hands with Putin, and then whip out his package to show Putin who he is dealing with. Trump can not be trusted.

No, it's not shocking. It's you lefties who seem to think that his public persona and style is the whole of him.

This is a peek behind the public image.

Do you have some thing to say on that topic?

trump not being open to criticism isn't what's making headlines for him.

you made that up.

he's rightly being criticized by those who are paying attention.

do you have a comment on the true caricature being portrayed and specifically what has been supposedly misrepresented by the main stream media and the political class you attempt to dismiss..?

Among the leftists on this site, one of the recurring complaints I have heard, on the rare occasions when libs have anything real to say, is that Trump is so self assured that he is not open to criticism.

Newt reports that this fear is very much unfounded.

I didn't see an endorsement there. Clearly, Newt's purpose is to pacify the Cruz people who are threatening to sit out if Trump gets the nomination.

Forum List

Back