Newt has a 60% unfavorability rate

These would be the same GOP leaders who crashed the party and gave us Obama to start with, for those keeping score.

Newt supporter: "I don't like Washington. I like Newt."

Fact: Gingrich has spent nearly 40 years living in Washington, first as an elected official then getting rich selling products and services to politicos and insiders on how Washington works. Gingrich is the consummate political insider.

Newt supporter: "Newt's not an insider. He makes good speeches. I hate Obama. He would be a good President."

Fact: Virtually no one who has worked with him thinks he would be a good President.

:thup:

Yawn... Vote Mitt Romney. The usual suspects in Washington love him.

Frankly, the contempt of GOP Establishment for the average GOP voter is exactly why Newt is surging right now. And rightfully so.

Imagining conspiracy theories and conjuring up a siege mentality are other ways people engage in confirmation bias to rationalize their beliefs.

Fact: Gingrich has spent nearly 40 years living in Washington, first as an elected official then getting rich selling products and services to politicos and insiders on how Washington works. Gingrich is the consummate political insider.

Newt supporter: "Newt's not an insider. He makes good speeches. I hate Obama. He would be a good President."

Fact: Virtually no one who has worked with him thinks he would be a good President.

Frankly, the contempt of GOP Establishment for the average GOP voter is exactly why Newt is surging right now. And rightfully so.

Imagining conspiracy theories and conjuring up a siege mentality are other ways people engage in confirmation bias to rationalize their beliefs.

Sounds like a self appraisal there Toro...:lol:

[

Not at all, guy.

The problem with Washington Republicans is that they've gone native. They suddenly start thinking government is good. And we need that earmark. And as long as I bring home the pork, I'll keep getting re-elected, who cares if the government is going broke. And I'll diss that Democrat during the day and go to the same cocktail party with him at night.

These were the people who crapped their pants when the TEA Party came about, and they are more interested in keeping control of the party than they are in effecting any meaningful change.

From a conservative point of view, can you make a list of ten things that conservatives can be proud of as a result of 8 years of the Bush Administration? When these very same people who are terrified of Newt and complain about what a bad leader he was actually had a president ready to sign all their great ideas?

Nope. Government got bigger under Bush. He created two new Cabinet Level Departments (Homeland Security and Intelligence) a lot of new bureaucracy, increased government spending.

So when you say, "Mitt Romney is our only choice against Obama", I'm asking "What Choice?" Two big government, nanny state, Corporatist toady liberals? Seriously, that's a choice? I'm just not seeing a difference.

[

Not at all, guy.

The problem with Washington Republicans is that they've gone native. They suddenly start thinking government is good. And we need that earmark. And as long as I bring home the pork, I'll keep getting re-elected, who cares if the government is going broke. And I'll diss that Democrat during the day and go to the same cocktail party with him at night.

These were the people who crapped their pants when the TEA Party came about, and they are more interested in keeping control of the party than they are in effecting any meaningful change.

From a conservative point of view, can you make a list of ten things that conservatives can be proud of as a result of 8 years of the Bush Administration? When these very same people who are terrified of Newt and complain about what a bad leader he was actually had a president ready to sign all their great ideas?

Nope. Government got bigger under Bush. He created two new Cabinet Level Departments (Homeland Security and Intelligence) a lot of new bureaucracy, increased government spending.

So when you say, "Mitt Romney is our only choice against Obama", I'm asking "What Choice?" Two big government, nanny state, Corporatist toady liberals? Seriously, that's a choice? I'm just not seeing a difference.

Thinking that Newt Gingrich is in any way different is another example of confirmation bias.

Obama laughing"

Laughing_ChimpM.gif

And when somebody calls you racist, you'll whine and snivel about it like a child.

They still call Bush "Chimp". I fail to see any difference.........

These would be the same GOP leaders who crashed the party and gave us Obama to start with, for those keeping score.

Funny, what I remember is that when Newt was in charge, we got things done. We got welfare reform, we got deficit reduction, etc.

Then they got in Denny Hastert, who was a nice, easy to roll up get along guy, and these guys you praise in the GOP Caucus pretty much went back to ear-marks and business as usual and couldn't get stuff done even with a Republican President ready to sign whatever they sent up there. And many of them were shown the door in 2006 and 2008, and good riddance.

Newt was responsible for a government shut-down. "Getting things done"? Hardly.

Actually, yes he did get things done. So many want to praise Clinton, yet it was Newt at the time who controlled the house. Had he not worked with Clinton nothing would have got done as is evidenced today in Washington.

The GOP establishment did not like what they saw in South Carolina. More than the vote for Gingrich it was the level of anger expressed by that vote.

The pole in your ass.
I am not interested in national polls.
All I am interested in is election day - when Obama begins packing.

How the hell do you expect him to begin packing if we put someone against him who is less favorable to him nationally?!

But no, let's win the debate and lose the election. After all, that's more important. It's not like every other candidate cant trash Obama in a debate just as easily.

He's Carter on STEROIDS, dumbfuc. Where were you in 1978? I lived through that jackass' admin and you probably think he's some sort of national treasure.

Pull your fucking head out of your fucking ass and read a history book junior.

Where were you when Newt was supporting many of the issues obama does?

The GOP establishment did not like what they saw in South Carolina. More than the vote for Gingrich it was the level of anger expressed by that vote.

Nothing throwing SuperPAC money at it won't solve. You get as many votes as you can buy. It's the American way. Given this field, Obama should be able to leave half of his billion to Hillary in '16. :clap2:

There is no imagination necessary.

Where were all these folks when Newt announce his intention to run?

When Romney, the establishments fair-haired-boy was a shoe-in for the nomination, and Newt was a long shot at best, we didn't hear a peep from them.

Why not?

Because they needed to project the illusion that Republicans had a choice.

But now that Newt is trouncing the the establishments coronated nominee, the establishment has to scramble to get the plan back on track.

Newt as a candidate WILL give Obama his second term....I stick by that....

Mainly in my opinion because there are moderate republicans that just will not vote for him, and secondly because he will rile the left, making them go to the polls to cast their vote AGAINST him.

Newt as a candidate WILL give Obama his second term....I stick by that....

Mainly in my opinion because there are moderate republicans that just will not vote for him, and secondly because he will rile the left, making them go to the polls to cast their vote AGAINST him.

The GOP will have given a sure win away. The ones that could have unified most republicans were picked to death over bull shit and now the two leaders do not stand a chance against obama because there isn't a unity in the party, because the party has become a party of RINO's.

Last edited:
I think he is more favorable.

I also think Obama and friends want Romney and not Gingrich. I think Pelosi is scared to death of him.
Whether you like him or not, he is handling most of this vetting pretty well. He is a real SOB.

i think obama is making you think he wants romney....so you'll support gingrich over romney....in the primary

I don't believe people on the left actually listen to Obama enough, otherwise his un-favorability numbers would be much higher..

Now Lumpy, you must learn to accept reality!!! :eusa_angel:

i think obama is making you think he wants romney....so you'll support gingrich over romney....in the primary

I don't believe people on the left actually listen to Obama enough, otherwise his un-favorability numbers would be much higher..

The reality is that he wasted his first 2 years on a worthless bill instead of working on all the things he is now trying to promise.....

There is no imagination necessary.

Where were all these folks when Newt announce his intention to run?

When Romney, the establishments fair-haired-boy was a shoe-in for the nomination, and Newt was a long shot at best, we didn't hear a peep from them.

Why not?

Because they needed to project the illusion that Republicans had a choice.

But now that Newt is trouncing the the establishments coronated nominee, the establishment has to scramble to get the plan back on track.

Exactly.

Look who they are dragging out of the woodwork. Elliot Abrams, you know, the guy who copped a plea in Iran Contra and testified against other guys in the Reagan White House is saying Newt wasn't loyal to Reagan. And Bob Dole blaming his loss on Newt. Funny, I seem to remember that it was because he was a horrible candidate and four time loser.

The reality is that he wasted his first 2 years on a worthless bill instead of working on all the things he is now trying to promise.....

A worthless bill?? You don't know what you're talking about.

Newt is a piece of shit.

He hung around DC after getting booted from office and made millions off underground lobbying, then trashes Romney for making real income in our capitalist system.

He is willing to side with Pelosi and gang in DC to make money on side, and now is throwing the GOP under the bus for his own ego. He cannot stand to lose so he will ruin the GOP race and the Democrats love it.

He needs to quit lying about his marriageS, his liberal polices and his dirty deals under the table while getting the fuck off the stage. Ride off into sunset and live on a peanut farm in GA with bucktooth Carter.

Forum List

Back