Newt Gingrich - RINO

What was that?

Let's just say that when I was in the service, I had some expereinces with Mormons that are at the root of my underlying dislike of them. I don't want to go into a lot of details because a lot of it is personal. What I walked away with were these people were 1) Weird and 2) Untrustworthy.

This, by the way, was before I ever opened the book of Mormon or started actually researching their history, and I didn't know Joseph Smith from Joe Blow. I didn't do that until years later, and then it kind of made more sense.

I've had bad experiences with black people but I don't mistrust all black people.

1) Not as bad as what I went through.
2) Not all black folks believe in the same bullshit or have the same ethical code.

Please don't insult blacks by comparing them. To be a Mormon, you have to make a conscious effort to beleive bullshit. You have to go through some pretty serious denials of reality. You have to pretend up is down and black is white.

When you have people emptying out their bank accounts because the Prophet told them to, that's kind of a scary level of group think. Jesse Jackson or Barack Obama would never have that level of control.

and to re-emphasize this...

And we don't know, because the guy won't talk about his religion. He avoids the subject like the crazy old aunt he has locked in the attic.
:eusa_liar:

In 2008, he said he welcomed questions about his Mormonism. Then Mike Huckabee asked one. (Incidently, they really do believe Jesus and Satan were brothers.)

in 2011, anyone asks about Mormonism, he screams about bigotry.

:doubt:

We've already been through this before, Joe...Mitt has made is views clear and you know it!
^

Joe said:
That's not clear to me. He doesn't talk in there once about the crazy shit that Mormons believe. He just really sincerely promises that he won't try to impose his religion on the rest of us. And don't you dare ask me about it....

Look, believe it or not, I'm doing you guys a favor, because all the stuff I'm talking about now, the Democrats will be talking about next June, and they won't be as nice about it as I'm being.

Well, I think YOU are weird and untrustworthy...I had posted that speech to you twice already and yet you just spewed the same bullshit here again as if Mitt hides the subject like a crazy old aunt in the attic...

No shit the Dems will be talking about this...Don't the FACTS matter...? So let them try to win on the merit of their ideas without having to spread fear and loathing based on blatant lies. Mitt CLEARLY expressed his views on the subject...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=16969460

And we don't know, because the guy won't talk about his religion. He avoids the subject like the crazy old aunt he has locked in the attic.

:eusa_liar: :eusa_liar: :eusa_liar: :eusa_liar: :eusa_liar:

Last edited:
Well, I think YOU are weird and untrustworthy...I had posted that speech to you twice already and yet you just spewed the same bullshit here again as if Mitt hides the subject like a crazy old aunt in the attic...

No shit the Dems will be talking about this...Don't the FACTS matter...? So let them try to win on the merit of their ideas without having to spread fear and loathing based on blatant lies. Mitt CLEARLY expressed his views on the subject...

:

Frankly, nothing in that speech is about anything Mormons actually believe. It's just "don't you dare question my religion, because you are just like those meanies who questioned JFK's religion."

I mean, peel away all the bullshit, and that's what it was. Nothing about Magic Underwear or Spirit Worlds or Baptism for the Dead or any of the other batshit crazy stuff they think.

And that was in 2008, where he said he "welcomed" questions, until people started asking them.

Like when Mike Huckabee asked if Mormons think Jesus and Satan are brothers. Now, as an atheist, I consider that a pretty silly question, but if you think Jesus and Satan are real, it isn't.

(Incidently, they do.)

Now, fun's fun, and I can have a good laugh about Magic Underwear and the Planet Kolob, but some of these things aren't going to be so funny.

Race will be an important issue in this election. Shouldn't be, but it will be.

So you are going to have the first black president running against a guy whose church calls black skin "the Mark of Cain", says that the orginal AMericans (The Lamanites) were cursed with dark skin for killing the Nephites, and didn't allow Blacks full membership in their church until 1978!

Really? This is what you want to go with, because he's like a super genius with business or something.

:

Frankly, nothing in that speech is about anything Mormons actually believe. It's just "don't you dare question my religion, because you are just like those meanies who questioned JFK's religion."

I mean, peel away all the bullshit, and that's what it was. Nothing about Magic Underwear or Spirit Worlds or Baptism for the Dead or any of the other batshit crazy stuff they think.

And that was in 2008, where he said he "welcomed" questions, until people started asking them.

Like when Mike Huckabee asked if Mormons think Jesus and Satan are brothers. Now, as an atheist, I consider that a pretty silly question, but if you think Jesus and Satan are real, it isn't.

(Incidently, they do.)

Now, fun's fun, and I can have a good laugh about Magic Underwear and the Planet Kolob, but some of these things aren't going to be so funny.

Race will be an important issue in this election. Shouldn't be, but it will be.

So you are going to have the first black president running against a guy whose church calls black skin "the Mark of Cain", says that the orginal AMericans (The Lamanites) were cursed with dark skin for killing the Nephites, and didn't allow Blacks full membership in their church until 1978!

Really? This is what you want to go with, because he's like a super genius with business or something.

No, he doesn't have to rationalize any particular tenets of his religion...He clearly answered the issue DIRECTLY and THOROUGHLY, not as it relates to Joe Blow's personal satisfaction, but as it relates to his PRESIDENCY.

"Over the last year, we have embarked on a national debate on how best to preserve American leadership. Today, I wish to address a topic which I believe is fundamental to America's greatness: our religious liberty. I will also offer perspectives on how my own faith would inform my presidency, if I were elected.

----------->

Transcript: Mitt Romney's Faith Speech : NPR

"As governor, I tried to do the right as best I knew it, serving the law and answering to the Constitution. I did not confuse the particular teachings of my church with the obligations of the office and of the Constitution - and of course, I would not do so as president. I will put no doctrine of any church above the plain duties of the office and the sovereign authority of the law.

"As a young man, Lincoln described what he called America's 'political religion' - the commitment to defend the rule of law and the Constitution. When I place my hand on the Bible and take the oath of office, that oath becomes my highest promise to God. If I am fortunate to become your president, I will serve no one religion, no one group, no one cause, and no one interest. A president must serve only the common cause of the people of the United States.

Last edited:
- Freddie Mac lobbyist

- Supporter of ethanol

- Called Paul Ryan's budget "right-wing social engineering."

No doubt positions that Newt has taken over the years concern me. And I'm not saying I'm in his camp yet. However, I will give him two things:

1) Granted it was 17 years ago, but he is the last DC politician to actually make a major stand to actually reduce government and not just limit it's growth, I can't forget that.

2) He concerns me some of the time. Obama concerns me ALL the time.

- Freddie Mac lobbyist

- Supporter of ethanol

And now, he's for granting amnesty to illegal aliens. From the CNN debate

Newt Gingrich Calls for Regime Change in Iran - WSJ.com

Newt's moving to broaden his support.

Clever. Clever.

wow, the Romney-bots are now attacking Newt...

Perry faltered because he explained his position (which was quite sensible) poorly.

Frankly, the GOP needs to really confront the racists in their party, because only about 1% of the population lives in mortal fear a Mexican might date their daughter.

The GOP is not going to win without improving its position amongst Hispanics. That's a dead issue for Romney, for Pete's Sake. His hypocrisy on this issue is manifest, from using immigration bashing to best Perry to hiring illegals to do his lawn work. Oh, yeah, and his whacky cult thinks dark skin is a curse from God.

huizarEPA_450x400.jpg

Cursed by God, apparently!

Let's break down the numbers, shall we. Bush-43 (Jesus, I'm using Dubya as a good example?) manifestly resisted the haters in the party. He still lost Hispanics overall, but he got a respectable 44% of their vote. John McCain initially tried to do the right thing, but in the quest for the nomination, he strated to embrace the Minuteman position. As a result, he got only 31% of the Hispanic vote.

cursed by boob job.

good job spotting the too tight titties.

She did at least do the right size for her frame.

- Freddie Mac lobbyist

- Supporter of ethanol

In a statement likely to resonate beyond the debate, Mr. Gingrich also advocated a program that would allow immigrants who have been in the country illegally for years to gain legal status but not citizenship.

"I want to be tough, but I'm not willing to kid people," the former House speaker said on CNN after the debate. "I can't imagine any serious person in this country that wants to tear families apart that have been here for 20 years." Texas Gov. Rick Perry lost his perch atop the polls after adopting a sympathetic approach to illegal immigrants during a September debate.

Clever. Clever.

Oh, I'm sorry...This thread is not about Romney or Joe Blow's obsession with his underwear...? My bad. :redface:

Well, thanks for not Wasting my time... but the whole, "I promise not to impose my batshit crazy religion on you" isn't talking about his religion. It's just making a promise I already don't trust him on.

So he didn't try to turn Massachusetts into "New Deserett". So what? He was an ineffectual one-term governor penned in by a Democratic Legistlature....

I will serve no one religion, no one group, no one cause, and no one interest.

Okay. Except let's compare.

AmPad to the Olympics. He basically screwed those AmPad workers. closed their plants, eliminated their jobs. Left the investors with worthless paper and the company hugely in debt and bankrupt.

The Olympics- really, just a one time sporting event no one cares about. He moved heaven and earth to fix that after Salt Lake City screwed the pooch and bribed Olympic officials into chosing their site when they did not have the infrastructure or venues to support it.

So what was the big difference there that required the extra effort?

Oh, that's right, those AmPad workers were "Gentiles", screw them, but the Olympics was about Mormonism saving face. Would have been a big black eye to the Church if that turned into a fiasco.

- Freddie Mac lobbyist

- Supporter of ethanol

No doubt positions that Newt has taken over the years concern me. And I'm not saying I'm in his camp yet. However, I will give him two things:

1) Granted it was 17 years ago, but he is the last DC politician to actually make a major stand to actually reduce government and not just limit it's growth, I can't forget that.

2) He concerns me some of the time. Obama concerns me ALL the time.

Toto isn't concerned about Obama.

You idiot libtards realize, don't you, that the more Newt bashing threads you start and the more you froth at the mouth over him, the better we like him. Because if you people hate him that much, he must be the right pick for the republicans. Whoever scares you the most, that's who we want.

You people ought to be smart enough to figure that out. Well... I won't push it... expecting some glimmer of intelligence from a libtard is probably asking too much.

Last edited:
You idiot libtards realize, don't you, that the more Newt bashing threads you start and the more you froth at mouth over him, the better we like him. Because if you people hate him that much, he must be the right pick for the republicans.

You people ought to be smart enough to figure that out. Well... I won't push it... expecting some glimmer of intelligence from a libtard is probably asking too much.

Well, to be fair, this "Newt-bashing" thread was started by a Romney supporter.

I know it's hard to tell them from liberals.

You idiot libtards realize, don't you, that the more Newt bashing threads you start and the more you froth at mouth over him, the better we like him. Because if you people hate him that much, he must be the right pick for the republicans.

If there ever was a RINO, it's Romney.

But don't get me wrong, I have my choice, but I'll vote for any one of the republican candidates over odumbo, because they all stand head and shoulders above him in every way possible.

But don't get me wrong, I have my choice, but I'll vote for any one of the republican candidates over odumbo, because they all stand head and shoulders above him in every way possible.

Even our whack jobs have a higher degree of ethics then this admin................

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I just count the number of threads about Gingrich and I see the other side is scared. Let's wait until next November and see if their fears were well founded.

- Freddie Mac lobbyist

- Supporter of ethanol

In a statement likely to resonate beyond the debate, Mr. Gingrich also advocated a program that would allow immigrants who have been in the country illegally for years to gain legal status but not citizenship.

"I want to be tough, but I'm not willing to kid people," the former House speaker said on CNN after the debate. "I can't imagine any serious person in this country that wants to tear families apart that have been here for 20 years." Texas Gov. Rick Perry lost his perch atop the polls after adopting a sympathetic approach to illegal immigrants during a September debate.

Clever. Clever.

Oh, I'm sorry...This thread is not about Romney or Joe Blow's obsession with his underwear...? My bad. :redface:

Aren't all threads he posts in eventually about über-RINO Joe's obsession with Romney's underwear?

Newt is a lying, philandering, divisive, bomb-throwing, corrupt opportunist.

But I'd likely support him over Obama anyways.

I want the Mexicans out of this country more then 99 percent of this board, but the political class within this country's at the leadership level, DON"T. As long as we have the congress; with solid members that care about us and our vote, there won't be amnesty. Don't you people understand that both Bush and Obama wanted Amnesty? Never got it because the congress couldn't pass one for them...With a president Gingrich we will just have to get enough of the senate and house to make sure he doesn't get what he wants.

Remember, a large part of the republican party supports amnesty and the dream act. Hell, they led the charge under George w Bush...So this isn't suprising at all.

The thing is Newt is far to the right on most issues then Obama. Still the best choice, even through if he was a king or dictator would grant amnesty. Thank god he is only running for president. He isn't a rino...If Not newt, who? Only Paul, Bachmann left worth voting for!

What you may want has very little to do with reality. We can continue to deport busloads of Mexicans and other Hispanics, but it is not going to change the fact that one day in the future, Hispanics will become the majority in the US. It truly would behoove us to integrate these people into normal society, to make certain as many as possible achieve higher education, and become a working and productive part of our society. If we do not see this through, then we will become just like Mexico and many other South American countries, with a small wealthy class, an even smaller middle class, and a very large class of poor.

Forum List

Back