The Full Newt

Discussion in 'Politics' started by g5000, Jan 22, 2012.

1. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,525
    “If there’s anything in there that is going to help us lose the election, we should know it before the nomination.” - Newt Gingrich

Okay. So we really need to hold Newt to that, right?

Washingtonpost.com: House Reprimands, Penalizes Speaker

No matter how much Newt squirms and wriggles, he cannot get out of the fact that he is the only one ever fined. And when you think about all the scum and all the scandals that have occurred in more than 200 years, that is really saying something. Keep it in mind when he tries to downplay or lie about it.

As a Republican voter, I am certainly questioning the judgement of my party for lifting Newt back off the floor, dusting him off, and trying to pass him off as one of us. They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Before you make the mistaken assumption and try to dismiss me as some kind of liberal just because I find a piece of scum not worthy of the nomination, keep that "know right from wrong" quote in mind.

I have been around this party for far longer than most of you.

That's the same Mark Sanford who was later elected Governor of South Carolina and then blew himself up spectacularly by abandoning his post to participate in an extramarital affair with an Argentinian "soul mate"

Great example to his three boys.

Anyway, Newt lied to Congress and committed tax fraud.

Now he attacks Mitt Romney for paying his taxes at a 15 percent rate. He also ignores that the reason the rate was not higher is because Romney gave away all of his money he earned which would have been taxed at the normal income tax rate.

Newt appears to be very jealous of people who have more wealth than he does, and he wants to raise their tax rates. Why have his supporters not caught on to this game of class warfare of his? Rich Boy wants to tax the More Rich Boy more.

Gingrich also has a bad habit of burning his supporters:
    Gingrich Fight Touches Colleges, Too - NYTimes.com

There certainly are a lot of people being deceived by him today, too. And they are going to be very unhappy people someday.

Last week, Gingrich's ex-wife said he asked her for an open marriage. I have two thoughts about this.

First, before dismissing the ex-wife as a liar, just remember how willing you were to believe chain e-mails purporting to list claims from associates of Obama's. You wouldn't want to be a hypocrite, too.

"Oh, sure, sure, sure, Newt was a serial adulterer, but asking for an open marriage? No way he did THAT!!!"

Second, Gingrich said he was appalled the issue of family values would be raised in a Presidential debate. He thundered in sanctimonious hypocrisy about the liberal media having the audacity to raise the issue of the sanctity of marriage. This smoke and mirrors tactic never fails to work with the rubes. He was met with rousing applause.

All right. Let's put that outburst in proper perspective, too, shall we?

Here is some of what Newt said:

South Carolina GOP CNN debate, Jan. 19, 2012. Transcript - Lynn Sweet

Now let's look at Newt's own media tactics:
    1998: Washingtonpost.com Special Report: Clinton Accused

Therefore, by his own standards, Newt is "as close to despicable as anything I can imagine".

Next, I expect the Republican Party has no desire to deviate from its blaming of the GSEs for the sub-prime meltdown. And it appears Newt plans on sticking to that line of attack as well.

So let's measure him by his own standards a little bit more:

FULL TRANSCRIPT: Bloomberg/Washington Post GOP Debate in N.H. - - NationalJournal.com

The hypocrisy:

Gingrich Said to Be Paid About $1.6 Million by Freddie Mac - Bloomberg

Therefore, by his own standards, Newt should be in jail.

But that's not all!

Gingrich has a way of changing his stories as more facts come to light. Here is another example of him saying one thing, but actually doing the exact opposite:

News Headlines

That is a HUGE lie. I'll prove that in a second. But first, notice he makes no mention that he actually went to work for Freddie Mac's top lobbyist seven years earlier, and collected a total of $1.6 million.

Here is a Q&A session old Newt had with Freddie Mac employees in 2007.

The man is GSE crazy! He loves them! He wants more of them. He can't get enough of them.

To continue:
    "We have a much more liquid and stable housing finance system than we would have without the GSEs."

And there is no such thing as "the Alexander Hamilton-Teddy Roosevelt tradition of conservatism."

Jesus, this guy has balls!

Christie: Gingrich 'embarrassed' the GOP - POLITICO.com

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  2. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,525
    49 reads and not one reply.

Overwhelmed with buyer's remorse?

3. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119
    I subscribed.

Couldn't think of anything to add ...

4. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,525
    I think just on the GSE thing alone, Obama will sink Newt.

All it will take is to point out Newt saying having a connection to Freddie Mac lobbyists is jail-worthy and then showing he was paid $1.6 million by their top lobbyist.

But the real torpedo will be Newt's fantasy conversation that he was told by the GSEs they were being forced to make bad loans and that he told them they were insane.

All that needs to be revealed is that insider Q&A he had at Freddie Mac saying the housing market was more stable than it would have been without the GSEs. And Bloomberg news has indicated that Freddie Mac insiders are saying Newt's fantasy version is total bullshit.

If Bloomberg can find them, so can Obama, if he hasn't already.

Newt is toast. The GSEs are a HUGE hot button for conservatives and Obama knows it. He is surely keeping his billion dollars worth of powder dry, waiting for the day to blow Gingrich off the face of the Earth.

5. Valox

Valox Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Honestly, it doesn't matter with many Republicans. They are out for blood and have no problem with Gingrich being their vampire.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Jroc

Jroc יעקב כהן Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,519
    Freddie Mac "insiders" are all Dems, Obama and the dems are in bed with Fannie and freddie up to thier eyebrows, Obama won't bring that up, because he'll look worst than Newt. All that other stuff? You make a lot of enemies when you rock the boat, as Newt did when he took back the house..Nothing to see here... Move on

7. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    49 reads does not mean 49 members read it, a bunch of those are probably bots.

8. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,525
    Not true at all. A lot of politicians and wonks of both parties in DC have worked at or for the GSEs at one time or another.

It's the GOP's dirty little secret.

9. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    It wont get the traction you expect. Democrats are in to deep.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,525
    I think Newt is pissed at Mitt because Newt had to pay the regular income tax rate on his GSE lobbyist fees, and Mitt only had to pay 15 percent on his capital gains.

It just chafes Newt to no end.