Sharia turkeys!

One of the reasons why I buy my meat direct from the farmer is that I know it is humanely slaughtered. Most grocery stores in the UK use halal compliant slaughterhouses - and they do not label their meat as having been inhumanely slaughtered.

What you find 'funny', other people - those of us who care about animals - don't.

But the picture is very funny.

anyone aware of the packing practices used in the united states knows how inhumane slaughtering animals is.....and i am always surprised that people think animals slaughtered locally are done humanely.....i just found out how they de horn goats....you want to talk cruel....?

anyone aware of the packing practices used in the united states knows how inhumane slaughtering animals is.....and i am always surprised that people think animals slaughtered locally are done humanely.....i just found out how they de horn goats....you want to talk cruel....?
sigh....there are hardly any humanely KEPT farm animals in the US, from pigs to chickens the conditions are deplorable.

they really strangle? cutting the throat i would say...but really there are few ways to humanely kill something.....

you cant lude them to death ....ya know

I guess you could scare them into the air out of a box and shoot them, ala Dick Cheney.

Talk about inhumane.

you stun rabbits before you break their necks....by hitting them with a board....or steel rod....

we do not do anything with animals due to slaughtering...we will not have milk cows cause then you have a calf you must deal with....i wont raise a steer .....i just cant handle any of that....i am branching out into ducks but egg ducks only...

of course i am waiting to hear the people who say veggies have feelings and emotions

I worked on a large farm when I was young. Slaughtering is slaughtering. It's usually done as quickly and cleanly as possible, but there's no great concern for the pain of animals, the concern for a quick and clean slaughter is just easier for the slaughtering. I'd say look what we do to other humans first. :)

That being said, I believe halal is a good thing. Kosher is also a good thing so it's just 'Much Ado Over Nothing" in a humorous blog imo.

mmmm-yummy-ernie-echols.jpg

killing is killing but you are right....you want it fast and neat....i just think its funny how some go on with great authority and dont know shit

seems in halal they cut the throat of the bird....same as what purdee does and butterball.....
I have friends that have a chicken farm and they strangle them. Which is more humane?

I can't count the chickens I've strangled. But Turkeys? I've had to catch them. Chickens are a bit of work to strangle and I've seen them running around with broken necks.

Turkeys are far larger, have far more to say about being manhandled, and you do not easily strangle them unless there's a couple of you attempting it. I've caught them as well.

If you are killing a Kosher turkey, give the turkey a drop of Manishevitz to ease its pain. In your best Yiddish accent say, "So, what are ya gonna do? You’re a toikey" then slice its head off.

On Killing Turkey - Amateur Gourmet

Forum List

Back