"Newsroom" HBO

I tried watching the 2nd episode twice and fell asleep both times. It seemed preachy and the dialogue is way too contrived. People simply don't talk like that. The "passionate" argument from the intern who believes that "illegal" is a racist term made me want to gag.

I won't be wasting any more time.

I tried watching the 2nd episode twice and fell asleep both times. It seemed preachy and the dialogue is way too contrived. People simply don't talk like that. The "passionate" argument from the intern who believes that "illegal" is a racist term made me want to gag.

I won't be wasting any more time.

Look at the people they got to talk about the Illegal Invasion, not a brain between the three of them.

Those are the only kinds of arguments Libs can even hope to win

Another great episode this week. Koch Brothers, Teaparty and the 112th congress, Jane Fonda (CEO of Newsnight)...

It's getting better.

Another great episode this week. Koch Brothers, Teaparty and the 112th congress, Jane Fonda (CEO of Newsnight)...

It's getting better.

You bethcha, I just paraphrased it on another thread.
Gooood stuff.
I also liked his opening rant about 'a great country WTF'. He's perfect for the role. Who knew??

It's getting better.

You bethcha, I just paraphrased it on another thread.
Gooood stuff.
I also liked his opening rant about 'a great country WTF'. He's perfect for the role. Who knew??

He had a good rant on the first epi too. I think this is going to be an every week thing.

It's getting better.

No, it's not.

If you don't think so then don't come in here anymore. Right Frank?

It's fun to come in here and see libs fawning over another lib's fictional speeches/monologs.

You happen to agree with Sorokin, so you praise his trite tripe.

The show is getting more and more predictable and garishly liberal. It is definitely getting worse.

Libs all wind up sounds like Gollum, it's just a question of how long it takes for them to utter the first "My preciousssssssssssssssssssssssss"

Libs all wind up sounds like Gollum, it's just a question of how long it takes for them to utter the first "My preciousssssssssssssssssssssssss"

I think you love it. You just don't want your boys to know.

It's a pretty little conceit that Sorokin has going. Pretend your semi-main character is a "Republican." (Musta modeled it after Fakey.)

THEN have that now firmly established non-liberal (because in lib land no Republican is capable of independent thought etc) mouth and spew purely trite liberal mantras.

It's a pretty little conceit that Sorokin has going. Pretend your semi-main character is a "Republican." (Musta modeled it after Fakey.)

THEN have that now firmly established non-liberal (because in lib land no Republican is capable of independent thought etc) mouth and spew purely trite liberal mantras.

Well if Cons weren't all in lockstep and doing talking points all the time, they wouldn't have that inflexible reputation.

Well if Cons weren't all in lockstep and doing talking points all the time, they wouldn't have that inflexible reputation.

Conservative aren't "all in lockstep and doing talking points all the time."

Yet, contrary to your petty ridiculous thesis, they DO have that "reputation" in the "minds" of petty partisan liberals.

The fault lies with the petty partisan liberals, not with any alleged lockstep thinking of conservatives.

Yet, contrary to your petty ridiculous thesis, they DO have that "reputation" in the "minds" of petty partisan liberals.

The fault lies with the petty partisan liberals, not with any alleged lockstep thinking of conservatives.

So, Liability, when I backed you into a corner on the other thread you fled??

He had to go watch Newsroom on demand.

Well, one can hope. He basically agrees with me but there is a disconnect somewhere that won't allow him to see it. Go figure.:eusa_whistle:

Saw it last night. Another show by "West Wing" creator Sorkin.

It's a newsroom that, gosh darn it, is sick and tired of news that depresses you. It wants to make a difference-- like when Murrow took out McCarthy (for correctly and presciently saying that US State and the WH was a nest of Soviet spies) or how Cronkite (sided with the NVA after we had inflicted probably the worst defeat on an enemy since the Soviets retook Stalingrad to) successfully turn American people against Vietnam.

I loved Jeff Daniels performance. He's the grizzled old anchor who needs to redirect himself. While appearing on a panel with a Liberal and Conservative commentator, a student from the audience asked the panel "What makes America the greatest nation" and the Liberal says "Diversity" the Conservative say "Freedom" and Jeff Daniels lights into the student in a 5 minute diatribe calling her stupid for thinking that American is great.

They handle the Deep Water Horizon in real time and it's interesting to see how it all comes together to make a news broadcast. The take away was Halliburton is evil and we need more government regulation.

At some point the Liberal spew is going to make me miss Jeff Daniels as an actor and that will be my loss but Liberals should learn that alienating half your potential audience by showing anyone to the right of Mao as evil and/or stupid will give you a NYTimes-like the Double Black Diamond chart of viewship.

I'll watch the next episode

A program that exposes the lies of the right; didn’t think conservatives would like it.

Your delusions off adequacy are as baseless as that claim.

You have never backed anybody into a corner, and most certainly not me. And I have fled no threads, either.

Your grandiose thinking is symptomatic of deeper issues. I recommend that you seek professional psychiatric help.

Well, one can hope. He basically agrees with me but there is a disconnect somewhere that won't allow him to see it. Go figure.:eusa_whistle:

We do not basically agree. We do not agree at all. I disagree with you because you are pretty dense. It is sad to see you being so blind. In fact, I'm not sure what's worse for you: "'seeing" the shit that Sorokin wants you to see or all the stuff you are utterly blind to.

Your delusions are troubling.

If you are that blind in real life, I can only pray you don't drive cars.

Forum List

Back