NPR goes FULL SPIN mode after editor blows the whistle on Democrat-packed propaganda organization

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
Accusations of biased coverage at NPR were leveled by a senior business editor who ignited a wave of backlash against the left-leaning public radio broadcaster.

Award-winning journalist Uri Berliner blew the whistle on his own employer in a blistering essay for the Free Press published Tuesday which called out the outlet’s lack of “viewpoint diversity” as well as the glaring disparity in the number of Democrats and Republicans in the newsroom.

“So on May 3, 2021, I presented the findings at an all-hands editorial staff meeting. When I suggested we had a diversity problem with a score of 87 Democrats and zero Republicans, the response wasn’t hostile. It was worse,” Berliner wrote.

“An open-minded spirit no longer exists within NPR, and now, predictably, we don’t have an audience that reflects America,” he added. “That wouldn’t be a problem for an openly polemical news outlet serving a niche audience. But for NPR, which purports to consider all things, it’s devastating both for its journalism and its business model.”

BJ
NPR is as left wing fringe as any outlet.
They spend a little more effort ( thanks to public funding) than some of the others, but they are hard core loons.

NPR was actually relevant and even entertaining in the late 70's and 80's but has slid into a leftist choir after that and I haven't listened to it probably since 1985 or so it was so slanted then. You need some balance to try and figure out what's going on, but the crap they put out can be had on any of the public channels. It is sad because they once filled a definite niche, but now they are just one of the herd, I guess some money changed hands.

NPR is a 24/7 democrat infomercial and has been for decades. It is funded by taxpayer dollars and should be shut down immediately. At the very least all government funding should be pulled immediately and NPR can compete in the marketplace. They will fail just like Air America.

Accusations of biased coverage at NPR were leveled by a senior business editor who ignited a wave of backlash against the left-leaning public radio broadcaster.

Award-winning journalist Uri Berliner blew the whistle on his own employer in a blistering essay for the Free Press published Tuesday which called out the outlet’s lack of “viewpoint diversity” as well as the glaring disparity in the number of Democrats and Republicans in the newsroom.

“So on May 3, 2021, I presented the findings at an all-hands editorial staff meeting. When I suggested we had a diversity problem with a score of 87 Democrats and zero Republicans, the response wasn’t hostile. It was worse,” Berliner wrote.

“An open-minded spirit no longer exists within NPR, and now, predictably, we don’t have an audience that reflects America,” he added. “That wouldn’t be a problem for an openly polemical news outlet serving a niche audience. But for NPR, which purports to consider all things, it’s devastating both for its journalism and its business model.”

BJ
NPR is as left wing fringe as any outlet.
They spend a little more effort ( thanks to public funding) than some of the others, but they are hard core loons.

All government organizations end up being leftwing.

I'll never forget Fresh Air's interview with Al Franken versus that of Bill O'Reilly. With Franken, Terry Gross giggled it up every time Franken joked at Republican expense. With O'Reilly, it was more of a cross-examination. O'Reilly called her out on the disparity, and Gross said the Franken piece was a 'different kind of an interview'. After a couple of more exchanges, O'Reilly walked out. Was Gross humbled and apologetic? No. She finished up the piece by telling the audience the cross-examining questions she didn't get the chance to ask.

Forum List

Back