NewGuy - The Bible is Invalid

mattskramer said:
Normalcy is irrelevant. We have gone over this before. Many things are not "normal". That does not mean that they should not be allowed.

No its not. To you it is because its something that is impossible for you to prove but make no mistake the homosexual hierarchy in America is all about normalcy and proving it.

You simply choose to ignore tyhe topic because its a loser for you, and no the general opinion is that sticking your schlong in your buddys backside and headstands are not anywhere near comparable in degree of depravity.

Matts believes that saying, "I can, too, fish with a tire, and I choose to ignore all evidence to the contrary" constitutes "refutation". I quake with terror before such masterful debating skill.

mattskramer said:
Wow! 96%!!! From where did you get that statistic?!? Anyway, the majority has been wrong before.

Well lets see there are 50 states, only 1 allows all out marriages and I think two allow civil unions. I could be off a few percentage points but I think 96 is close.

Yes the majority was wrong on "minorities" since they cannot choose their skin color but homosexuals can and do have the ability to marry and have relations with the opposite sex, the simply "choose" to not do it therefore the comparison to how the majority has been wrong before in reference to minorities at least is irrelevant to this discussion.

musicman said:
Matts believes that saying, "I can, too, fish with a tire, and I choose to ignore all evidence to the contrary" constitutes "refutation". I quake with terror before such masterful debating skill.

The funny thing is this guy used to accuse me of bravado without support, I think we are seeing that it was quite the opposite all along.

OCA said:
The funny thing is this guy used to accuse me of bravado without support, I think we are seeing that it was quite the opposite all along.

LOL! He's a legend in his own mind.

mattskramer said:
Okay, moderator, I'm confused. Part of the thread subtly changed to the issue of Bible validity. I was asked to take Bible issues to a new group. I did so Move the thread. The thread that I placed in the new group was then locked/closed. Please explain why it was closed and what I can to reopen it so that the points within that post may be discussed.

Your original thread was not sublte. It was outrightly posted as "The Bible is Invalid".

You are the one that created the confusion by copying and pasting from one forum to another, and then you still continued to post to the General USA forum AFTER you created the same thread in Religion/Ethics.

YOU should have contacted a mod at the beginning and asked them to move the thread once you found out that the BIBLE discussion YOU started was in the wrong place.

One trait of ole' mattsie that people are missing here, is mattsie is full of himself. He thinks he's superior to everyone else on this board, and his condescending tone reaks of it. Also, one having a picture of himself for an avatar, bad rug and all, with an expression that smacks of attitude, speaks volumes of their mind set. He's conceited. He thinks he's so good looking, and that everyone should have to look at him at every post he makes. "Look at me, look at me". And the expression, it's one of pure arrogance and disdain, mixed in with a good measure of "don't tell me shit, I know it all".

Yeah mattsie, you are our token narcissist. You are so transparent that people can't help but see right through you. Quite frankly, I don't see why people here bother with you. You create contraversy for the sole purpose of being the "center of attention". So we all have to "look at your picture". It's all about you. God knows, and everyone else on this board, you have the most LAME arguements here. They don't make any sense. You confuse people more instead of enlightening with anything anyone can understand. But again, all in an attempt to remain the center of attention.

I'm sorry I had to "out you" mattsie, but your narcissistic charade needs to stop.

mattskramer said:
How lame! A 7-year-old is not allowed to smoke or drive a car. We set age limits for people. Very young people (and animals) are not considered to be mature and intelligent enough to make such important informed decisions.

But by YOUR requirement, the only factor is 'if the people are in love'. It could be argued Gay people aren't wise enough to make proper decisions, yet by some travesty, we let them adopt and care for children.

Animals CAN consent; My dog used to hump my leg all the time; he was VERY consenting.

OCA said:
Bam! That was a .357 shot right in the left ventricle(sp?)!

Close, it was the right atrium, just bouncing off the sternum.

Anyway, I saw the title of this thread and was instantly offended. You can argue the invalidity of the Bible all day, but there was no amount of respect in that. Also, I'm getting sick of people bringing up out of text quotes to "prove" Bible contradiction. While an individual lesson may be learned from small quotes in the Bible, it is a work that must be taken as a whole, and when all those "contradictions" are put into the proper context, they fit. Most of these things have to do with Jewish regulations involving Sabbath and cleanliness, anyway, and the church of Acts basically said that each culture can set its own standards in that respect, and that gentiles can remain gentiles. The only universal law is that of sin.

OCA said:
No its not. To you it is because its something that is impossible for you to prove but make no mistake the homosexual hierarchy in America is all about normalcy and proving it.

You simply choose to ignore tyhe topic because its a loser for you, and no the general opinion is that sticking your schlong in your buddys backside and headstands are not anywhere near comparable in degree of depravity.

Nice bit of mind-reading. Oh well. Even if gay marriage gets legalized, it will not necessarily make people think that homosexual behavior is normal. Gee. I see many things that I think of as not normal, yet they are allowed. So talk "straight". Do you think that we should outlaw all things that are generally not considered to be normal - yes or no.

-=d=- said:
But by YOUR requirement, the only factor is 'if the people are in love'. It could be argued Gay people aren't wise enough to make proper decisions, yet by some travesty, we let them adopt and care for children.

Animals CAN consent; My dog used to hump my leg all the time; he was VERY consenting.

Okay. Your point is taken. I will restate my general sociopolitical philosophy in summary fashion with the appropriate disclaimer: In general, adult human beings should be free to do as they please as long as they don't interfere with the freedoms of others.

The issue is not about having sex with animals but with informed consent concerning marriage. Yet, even some adult heterosexuals don't fathom the meaning of commitment. Still, if the government is going recognize heterosexual marriage, it should recognize homosexual marriage.

mattskramer said:
Nice bit of mind-reading. Oh well. Even if gay marriage gets legalized, it will not necessarily make people think that homosexual behavior is normal. Gee. I see many things that I think of as not normal, yet they are allowed. So talk "straight". Do you think that we should outlaw all things that are generally not considered to be normal - yes or no.

Nope. Each one has to be critiqued for deviancy. Smoking as you like to point out is pretty normal throughout history and not considered deviant although it is bad for your health. Putting your schlong in your buddy's shit pit is deviant no matter which way you cut it and should not be recognized officially or condoned in any way, shape or form. Now you'll say that plenty of heteros practice anal sex, yes true, but the overriding factor and the thing that just makes it kinky instead of deviant is the good ol MAN AND WOMAN thing. You see the heart of the matter and the thing that no one can prove is it in no way is normal, natural or any other word you want to use to describe it. You may not think that "normalcy" matters but I think that actual practicing gays would beg to differ with you.

You'll come up with a 100 comparisons such as lefthandedness or pb and potato chips or some other such nonsense but none of those undermind established human institutions, remember that.

mattskramer said:
Okay. Your point is taken. I will restate my general sociopolitical philosophy in summary fashion with the appropriate disclaimer: In general, adult human beings should be free to do as they please as long as they don't interfere with the freedoms of others.

The issue is not about having sex with animals but with informed consent concerning marriage. Yet, even some adult heterosexuals don't fathom the meaning of commitment. Still, if the government is going recognize heterosexual marriage, it should recognize homosexual marriage.

Well thank god there are people in power who recognize that society cannot run amok, thank god there are some with guts enough to stand up and say this is simply wrong and immoral and we are not going to allow it victims or not.

mattskramer said:

You're worse than a two-year old. Trying to converse with you is futile; you won't hear. The issue is not, "should we outlaw all things that are generally not considered to be normal?". Rather, it is, "Can you give one good reason for society to legitimize a behavior that any sane person in all of recorded history would consider disgusting, perverted, and immoral - other than the fact that it's practicioners have managed to acquire some political clout?"

Yes we do set age limits, we also set social standards and currently 96% of America says the social standard is that homosexuality is wrong ...

To that, I said "Wow! 96%!!! From where did you get that statistic?!? Anyway, the majority has been wrong before."

OCA replied with Well lets see there are 50 states, only 1 allows all out marriages and I think two allow civil unions. I could be off a few percentage points but I think 96 is close.

Okay, OCA, I thought that your statistic was based on a person population and not a state population.

Yes the majority was wrong on "minorities" since they cannot choose their skin color but homosexuals can and do have the ability to marry and have relations with the opposite sex, the simply "choose" to not do it therefore the comparison to how the majority has been wrong before in reference to minorities at least is irrelevant to this discussion.

The majority (let us define the sample (the states/government)) was wrong on many other issues to: ignoring treaties made with the Indians and denying women the right to vote. The majority (of citizens) were wrong on other issues (issue that were not necessarily legislated). It was understood that people of different religious faiths were not supposed to get married. A person can change his religious beliefs. The issue of nature vs nurture is irrelevant.

You're worse than a two-year old. Trying to converse with you is futile; you won't hear.

I certainly do hear. I disagree with what I hear and a refute what I hear.

Can you give one good reason for society to legitimize a behavior that any sane person in all of recorded history would consider disgusting, perverted, and immoral - other than the fact that it's practicioners have managed to acquire some political clout?

Your question makes assumptions that have not been established as facts. It is as if I were to ask you "Have you quit beating up your wife"?

The people are not wrong on this, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that homosexuality is wrong. You've been given dozens of examples and sound reasons as to why this is so yet you choose to ignore them because they don't fit your fence philosophy.

That you think this behavior deserves rewarding says alot about you.

Forum List

Back