NewGuy - The Bible is Invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattskramer

Apr 11, 2004
Texas
(Note: This thread was originally posted in anogher group. The issue was gay marriage. The debate subtly changed to Bible validity. NewGuy insisted that this post be moved to this group.)

Consider the following blatant contradictions:

-----------------------------------
"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy." -- Exodus 20:8

"One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." --
Romans 14:5

--------------------------------------

"... the earth abideth for ever." -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

"... the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." -- 2Peter 3:10

-------------------------------------------------

"... I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." -- Genesis 32:30

"No man hath seen God at any time..."-- John 1:18

--------------------------------------------

"... with God all things are possible." -- Matthew 19:26

"...The LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron." -- Judges 1:19

------------------------------

"...thou shalt give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. " -- Exodus 21:23-25

"...ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on the right cheek, turn to him the other also." -- Matthew 5:39

-----------------------------------------

"This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised." -- Genesis 17:10

"...if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing." -- Galatians 5:2

-----------------------------------

"The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father..." -- Ezekiel 18:20

"I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation..." -- Exodus 20:5

-------------------------------------------

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." -- James 1:13

"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham..." -- Genesis 22:1

---------------------------

"Honor thy father and thy mother..."-- Exodus 20:12

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. " -- Luke 14:26

------------------------------------

"...he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. " -- Job 7:9

"...the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth...." -- John 5:28-29

----------------------------------------

Here are a couple of broken promises:

Verily I [Jesus] say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things [the end of the world] be fulfilled." (Matthew 24:34, Mark 13:30, Luke 21:32)

Uh...I think that practically everyone within Jesus' generation has died.

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." (Matthew 21:22)

Oh how I used to believe as an impressionable young child and oh how I wish the above passage were true. Ha.

---------------------------------

Anyway, there are many more examples but these are the clearest and most blatant. Therefore the Bible is invalid. Yet, I'll return to the issue of homosexual marriage. It does not really matter whether or not the Bible is valid. There are atheists and agnostics. People need not believe the Bible. Those that choose to believe the Bible may still choose to sin and face damnation. The bottom line is that in general people should be free to do as they please as long as they don't interfere with the freedom of others. Good-bye for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back