NewGuy - The Bible is Invalid

mattskramer

Apr 11, 2004
Texas
Consider the following blatant contradictions:

-----------------------------------
"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy." -- Exodus 20:8

"One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." --
Romans 14:5

--------------------------------------

"... the earth abideth for ever." -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

"... the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." -- 2Peter 3:10

-------------------------------------------------

"... I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." -- Genesis 32:30

"No man hath seen God at any time..."-- John 1:18

--------------------------------------------

"... with God all things are possible." -- Matthew 19:26

"...The LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron." -- Judges 1:19

------------------------------

"...thou shalt give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. " -- Exodus 21:23-25

"...ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on the right cheek, turn to him the other also." -- Matthew 5:39

-----------------------------------------

"This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised." -- Genesis 17:10

"...if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing." -- Galatians 5:2

-----------------------------------

"The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father..." -- Ezekiel 18:20

"I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation..." -- Exodus 20:5

-------------------------------------------

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." -- James 1:13

"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham..." -- Genesis 22:1

---------------------------

"Honor thy father and thy mother..."-- Exodus 20:12

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. " -- Luke 14:26

------------------------------------

"...he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. " -- Job 7:9

"...the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth...." -- John 5:28-29

----------------------------------------

Here are a couple of broken promises:

Verily I [Jesus] say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things [the end of the world] be fulfilled." (Matthew 24:34, Mark 13:30, Luke 21:32)

Uh...I think that practically everyone within Jesus' generation has died.

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." (Matthew 21:22)

Oh how I used to believe as an impressionable young child and oh how I wish the above passage were true. Ha.

---------------------------------

Anyway, there are many more examples but these are the clearest and most blatant. Therefore the Bible is invalid. Yet, I'll return to the issue of homosexual marriage. It does not really matter whether or not the Bible is valid. There are atheists and agnostics. People need not believe the Bible. Those that choose to believe the Bible may still choose to sin and face damnation. The bottom line is that in general people should be free to do as they please as long as they don't interfere with the freedom of others. Good-bye for now.

The bottom line is that in general people should be free to do as they please as long as they don't interfere with the freedom of others. Good-bye for now.

No.

The bottom line is people like you hate me talking about Biblical anything unless it is in only one section: the RELIGION one.

-I have been threatened to get my threads shut down, and I have been unjustly disciplined as well.

I have told you several times to put this in the proper place.

Apparently you are too scared and your insulting remark about interfering with the rights of others makes me want to puke. You baited me specifically by ignoring the obvious and placing this in the wrong section so I could get hammered once again.

Mat, you are nothing but trash.

Put it in the right place or blow it out your ass.

The bottom line is people like you hate me talking about Biblical anything unless it is in only one section: the RELIGION one.

First of all I do not hate your talking about the Bible anywhere. I find your comments amusing.

I have been threatened to get my threads shut down, and I have been unjustly disciplined as well.

Okay. I did not know this.

I have told you several times to put this in the proper place.

And my mom tells me to eat broccoli. I like to know the reasons why. Now that I understand some of your background on this board, I will more this thread to its "proper" place.

Apparently you are too scared and your insulting remark about interfering with the rights of others makes me want to puke. You baited me specifically by ignoring the obvious and placing this in the wrong section so I could get hammered once again.

No. I am not scared. My comment that people should be free to do as they please as long as they don't interfere with others is insulting to very few except for those who want to impose "victimless crimes" laws and repress the freedoms of others. I didn't bait you by placing this in the wrong section. Arguments were made that homosexual marriage should not be allowed because it works against the Bible. Since you subtly "moved" part of the thread to a discussion of Biblical validity and authorship, I will move this thread to the "proper" location.

Mat, you are nothing but trash.

Awww. What a lame bit of name-calling. You can do better.

Arguments were made that homosexual marriage should not be allowed because it works against the Bible. Since you subtly "moved" part of the thread to a discussion of Biblical validity and authorship, I will move this thread to the "proper" location.

I subtly moved nothing.

It simply works like this:

If you have a view you had better have evidence to back it up.

When the evidence is in question, IT needs to be proved.

In denying the obvious, when you DID in fact ignore the rules, shows I have no reason to discuss anything with you.

The board has been set up now so that pages are archived if they go beyond a certain time frame. I have no desire to spend countless hours reposting the same thing I have done numerous times already.

You have sen the proof of validity already, you choose to ignore it.

You desire FURTHER proof after ridiculing the logic involved, ignoring the rules in placement of your thread, and by claiming your point always valid by "mats book".

I think it is clear we are done here.

You have no open mind, and I have no desire to pee into the wind. I have proven you wrong 6 ways from Sunday in this thread on this topic : http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8505&goto=lastpost

and when the Bible was questioned. I have no desire to cast pearls before swine.

Before you had created THIS thread in clear violation of rules, and after repeated request for proper placement, you had almost an ounce of validity in the discussion.

Now you have none.

You can prove to yourself in the religion section that mat's book is God's word since that is the only "god" you follow anyway.

You get your wish.

Matt if you ever decide to commit suicide(god forbid) or if you know ahead of time that you are going to die(god forbid) make sure you are wearing flame and heat resistant shoes, you will need them where you are headed unless an epiphany hits you one day.

If you have a view you had better have evidence to back it up. When the evidence is in question, IT needs to be proved.

(1.) A view: Gay marriage should be legalized.

(2.) Evidence to back it up: A heterosexual is free to marry the person that he or she loves (someone of the opposite sex). A homosexuals is not free to marry the person that he or she loves (someone of the same sex).
There is no reason for this denial.

In denying the obvious, when you DID in fact ignore the rules, shows I have no reason to discuss anything with you. The board has been set up now so that pages are archived if they go beyond a certain time frame. I have no desire to spend countless hours reposting the same thing I have done numerous times already. You have sen the proof of validity already, you choose to ignore it. You desire FURTHER proof after ridiculing the logic involved, ignoring the rules in placement of your thread, and by claiming your point always valid by "mats book". I think it is clear we are done here.

By your own admission you were reprimanded for placing Biblical comments in inappropriate locations. The key issue still remains Gay marriage. Yeah...you are done since you apparently have no other argument. Unless I missed one of your posts, each time you attempted to argue that homosexual marriage should remain illegal, I have refuted it. I am waiting on you to provide a legitimate reason why homosexual marriage should not be allowed. I have seen lame and irrelevant (if not erroneous) statements that people have used in an attempt to explain why gay marriage should not be allowed. I have not ignored them. I have soundly refuted them.

You have no open mind, and I have no desire to pee into the wind. I have proven you wrong 6 ways from Sunday in this thread on this topic : http://www.usmessageboard.com/forum...5&goto=lastpost and when the Bible was questioned. I have no desire to cast pearls before swine.

Yes. I know the thread. I have read your postings. I have refuted them. Apparently you have no other argument. Even though Biblical validity is irrelevant to the issue of gay marriage, as I explained before, I accept your challenge to prove that the Bible is invalid.

Take that 6 and multiply it by 6 and you get in the neighborhood of how many times Matts has been proved wrong.

LOL - Keep dreaming.

Ok I have to go stand on my head while wearing glasses on the bridge of my nose...

The point (from which OCA pulled the reference no head-standing and wearing glasses) is that to deny gay marriage, because homosexual behavior is abnormal or that the body was not intended for gay sex, makes as much sense as outlawing head-standing (because it is abnormal) and outlawing the placement of glasses on the bridge of one's nose (because the nose was not "created" to the purpose of holding up glasses). I am still waiting on a rebuttal to this.

mattskramer said:
Take that 6 and multiply it by 6 and you get in the neighborhood of how many times Matts has been proved wrong.

LOL - Keep dreaming.
dunno, number 7? you are still posting to General USA Chat. Just an observation.

By your own admission you were reprimanded for placing Biblical comments in inappropriate locations. The key issue still remains Gay marriage. Yeah...you are done since you apparently have no other argument. Unless I missed one of your posts, each time you attempted to argue that homosexual marriage should remain illegal, I have refuted it. I am waiting on you to provide a legitimate reason why homosexual marriage should not be allowed. I have seen lame and irrelevant (if not erroneous) statements that people have used in an attempt to explain why gay marriage should not be allowed. I have not ignored them. I have soundly refuted them.

No you haven't refuted 1 thing unless you are deciding to just ignore all sound and logical science which has been presented to you in various forms and shapes. The problem is that you think your silly and irrelevant analogies are sound refutations, they are not. The 1 fact you can't get around although you think you already have is that its man and woman, has been since the beginning of time, it is man and woman in every study and fact known to man. There is no legitimate reason for two people of the same sex to copulate and to be joined in the manner that marriage denotes, its simply wrong, most people recognize this, obviously you have a problem recognizing the obvious and bald faced truth. Facts have ben presented to you on the increased levels of abuse and promiscuity by homosexuals not too mention deadly diseases but you ignore the because they don't fit your view.

You have yourself given no legitimate reason for homosexual marriage, love isn't reason enough, the negatives far outweigh the love(if there is such a thing with homos), by your own thinking should we now make pedophilia a case by case deal? If the adult and minor involved both enjoyed the sex should we just let it go?

mattskramer said:

LOL - Keep dreaming.

Ok I have to go stand on my head while wearing glasses on the bridge of my nose...

The point (from which OCA pulled the reference no head-standing and wearing glasses) is that to deny gay marriage, because homosexual behavior is abnormal or that the body was not intended for gay sex, makes as much sense as outlawing head-standing (because it is abnormal) and outlawing the placement of glasses on the bridge of one's nose (because the nose was not "created" to the purpose of holding up glasses). I am still waiting on a rebuttal to this.

Matts how many meds are you on?

Matts there is no rebuttal to your argument because your argument was so silly, nonsensical and off topic that it was simply disregarded. Prove to me that it is normal(and yes that is the heart of the matter, even homos acknowledge this) for two people of the same sex to 1.copulate and two be joined in the manner and meaning that marriage denotes. I'll be waiting with baited breath.

Okay, moderator, I'm confused. Part of the thread subtly changed to the issue of Bible validity. I was asked to take Bible issues to a new group. I did so Move the thread. The thread that I placed in the new group was then locked/closed. Please explain why it was closed and what I can to reopen it so that the points within that post may be discussed.

2.) Evidence to back it up: A heterosexual is free to marry the person that he or she loves (someone of the opposite sex).

Wrong.

I can't marry the hot 14 year old chick from down the street - even if I LOVE her. I can't marry my SISTER, even if I love her. I can't marry my Brother - All of those rules apply to whichever gender I enjoy having sex with. I can't mary my dog, even if I love her either.

-=d=- said:
Wrong.

I can't marry the hot 14 year old chick from down the street - even if I LOVE her. I can't marry my SISTER, even if I love her. I can't marry my Brother - All of those rules apply to whichever gender I enjoy having sex with. I can't mary my dog, even if I love her either.

LOL if Matts gets his way you will be able to, he's a social anarchist.

-=d=- said:
Wrong.

How lame! A 7-year-old is not allowed to smoke or drive a car. We set age limits for people. Very young people (and animals) are not considered to be mature and intelligent enough to make such important informed decisions.

mattskramer said:
Okay, moderator, I'm confused. Part of the thread subtly changed to the issue of Bible validity. I was asked to take Bible issues to a new group. I did so Move the thread. The thread that I placed in the new group was then locked/closed. Please explain why it was closed and what I can to reopen it so that the points within that post may be discussed.

I closed the thread in the religion forum because it was a dupe of this thread and clearly explained that in a response. If it makes you feel any better I'll move this to the religion forum.

mattskramer said:
How lame! A 7-year-old is not allowed to smoke or drive a car. We set age limits for people. Very young people (and animals) are not considered to be mature and intelligent enough to make such important informed decisions.

Yes we do set age limits, we also set social standards and currently 96% of America says the social standard is that homosexuality is wrong and they should not be allowed to marry, but I guess in your eyes that 96% is dead wrong.

OCA said:
Matts how many meds are you on?

Matts there is no rebuttal to your argument because your argument was so silly, nonsensical and off topic that it was simply disregarded. Prove to me that it is normal(and yes that is the heart of the matter, even homos acknowledge this) for two people of the same sex to 1.copulate and two be joined in the manner and meaning that marriage denotes. I'll be waiting with baited breath.

Normalcy is irrelevant. We have gone over this before. Many things are not "normal". That does not mean that they should not be allowed.

OCA said:
Yes we do set age limits, we also set social standards and currently 96% of America says the social standard is that homosexuality is wrong and they should not be allowed to marry, but I guess in your eyes that 96% is dead wrong.

Wow! 96%!!! From where did you get that statistic?!? Anyway, the majority has been wrong before.

Forum List

Back