New Rule Announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not just do away with the ratings system altogether if it's causing this much butt hurt?

Because the FZ crowd would get all depressed and ornery. :p And we'd have have cartons of Prosac around.

And it's about 14 or 18 members that are REALLY abusing it. Not a general problem. Vast majority of members don't use it maliciously.

This is all due to the rejection of the topical solutions nay votes..

Beprogel.JPG
I would give you a funny but its ILLEGAL. Can I give you an ILLEGAL instead?

Why not just do away with the ratings system altogether if it's causing this much butt hurt?

Because the FZ crowd would get all depressed and ornery. :p And we'd have have cartons of Prosac around.

And it's about 14 or 18 members that are REALLY abusing it. Not a general problem. Vast majority of members don't use it maliciously.
Sonny would be naked without his STFU button....And his stalking and his harassment that he doesn't do..

Beprogel.JPG

The button is not illegal. Harassment and stalking are illegal. No actions will be taken unless the practice rises to that level. Maybe some folks ARE "genuinely" funny enough to get 20 or 30 funnies in 20 minutes in Politics or Clean Debate Zone or Energy -- but the obvious thought would be -- this person is stalking me.

Beprogel.JPG

The button is not illegal. Harassment and stalking are illegal. No actions will be taken unless the practice rises to that level. Maybe some folks ARE "genuinely" funny enough to get 20 or 30 funnies in 20 minutes in Politics or Clean Debate Zone or Energy -- but the obvious thought would be -- this person is stalking me.
So what? Funnies ADD to your rep. What next Chavez?

It's an escalation of the increasing friction around these parts. And using it as a weapon does not promote what USMB is primarily for which is discussion..

And using it as a weapon does not promote what USMB is primarily for which is discussion..
While that is a pleasant thought re: discussion, I personally come and read for great entertainment... I am never going to change some progressive pinko's mind and more than likely they will never change mine... So many members come to just beat the opposing side profusely about the head and shoulders with .25 cent words...
I just re-uped for another year and changed my membership to a higher level... Before I done that I pondered why I come here at all for a brief time... Entertainment won the day... But I have to say when BS like this 'funny' rep stuff comes down the pike, I begin to question why did I sign up for this... I just can't figure out why folks have to be so phucking sensitive... flacaltenn I reckon that is why you get paid the big bucks...

It's an escalation of the increasing friction around these parts. And using it as a weapon does not promote what USMB is primarily for which is discussion..

And using it as a weapon does not promote what USMB is primarily for which is discussion..
While that is a pleasant thought re: discussion, I personally come and read for great entertainment... I am never going to change some progressive pinko's mind and more than likely they will never change mine... So many members come to just beat the opposing side profusely about the head and shoulders with .25 cent words...
I just re-uped for another year and changed my membership to a higher level... Before I done that I pondered why I come here at all for a brief time... Entertainment won the day... But I have to say when BS like this 'funny' rep stuff comes down the pike, I begin to question why did I sign up for this... I just can't figure out why folks have to be so phucking sensitive... flacaltenn I reckon that is why you get paid the big bucks...

Probably this isn't about 90% of the members. It's not about world famous USMB Taunting Areas either. It's about actually using a form of "rep" as a weapon in forums where there more topical content and less "click click" "i'm out of counter-arguments.

You weren't here when we had a Neg Rep button. But at that time, there were several folks with very high rep values actually BLACKMAILING folks in PM. Even after we installed a similar 24 hour limit, they would send their victims taunting PM to "look at the clock" and another round of neg repping would occur.

This abuse by a few members was getting close to be "that creepy"...

Probably this isn't about 90% of the members. It's not about world famous USMB Taunting Areas either. It's about actually using a form of "rep" as a weapon in forums where there more topical content and less "click click" "i'm out of counter-arguments.

You weren't here when we had a Neg Rep button. But at that time, there were several folks with very high rep values actually BLACKMAILING folks in PM. Even after we installed a similar 24 hour limit, they would send their victims taunting PM to "look at the clock" and another round of neg repping would occur.

They need to grow some thicker skin.

The pussification of Americans has gone too damn far!

Anyone who gets triggered by a political forum for any reason is a pussy. PERIOD.

Take the time to read the new USMB announcement in the sticky section above.

Addition to USMB Posting Guidelines.
Doesn't "Funny" ratings increase your positive ratings? If so, and I'm pretty sure it is, this seems completely silly.

Next usmb will be putting up a calm, safe forum for those skeered of the funny. Only sweet nothings allowed. All caps banned and no meanypants business.

Something like the Lounge or CoffeeShop or the CDZ? You don't get around much do you?

They need to grow some thicker skin.

The pussification of Americans has gone too damn far!

Anyone who gets triggered by a political forum for any reason is a pussy. PERIOD.

Maybe.. But maybe things are so angry and frustrating that folks are on the verge of not discussing anything anymore. Wouldn't be good for Message Boards if the 2 warring tribes just stopped having convos and buggered each other on USMB. That's not something I personally want to do -- is clean up food fights between brats tossing rep buttons at each other..

Take the time to read the new USMB announcement in the sticky section above.

Addition to USMB Posting Guidelines.
Doesn't "Funny" ratings increase your positive ratings? If so, and I'm pretty sure it is, this seems completely silly.

Next usmb will be putting up a calm, safe forum for those skeered of the funny. Only sweet nothings allowed. All caps banned and no meanypants business.

Something like the Lounge or CoffeeShop or the CDZ? You don't get around much do you?

I sneak out of the cellar now and then but my level of heathen pretty much rules out my hanging out with main stream folks.

Butbutbut..... What if you freak think the poster said something so friggin stupid it truly deserved a funny?

See how I cleaned myself up to come here by using friggin instead of fuckin?

:)

The interpretation is stalking and harassing dearest Deanna. It's not something most USMB members do when they point a funny at anyone...

Butbutbut..... What if you freak think the poster said something so friggin stupid it truly deserved a funny?

See how I cleaned myself up to come here by using friggin instead of fuckin?

:)

The interpretation is stalking and harassing dearest Deanna. It's not something most USMB members do when they point a funny at anyone...

I know, I know!

Is there a full moon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back