New Moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little honesty would be nice.

you're intentionally missing the point.

No, I get it. There should be a balance of left and right mods. Why? Because the right is incapable of being fair to the left. Like I said, be honest.

no, you don't get it. there had always been a mix of political leanings as mods to prevent any individual's political leaning from influencing how the board is moderated.

i personally feel that that is a better way to set up.

Gunny, that uberleftist, felt the same way, that's why he did it.

i also think that trajan, ringel and baruch will be fair.

in closing, tissue?

del and Elvis quit? Enjoy retirement guys. Both were fair, thanks guys. Never really considered their politics, just the comments. Post more please.

Without commenting on the other issues of gender and ideology balance, I will simply note that this board could never be Hannity.

The prime directive of Hannity is to protect the image of Hannity. The members of that board are self-selected for their willingness to bow to celebrity.

This is a very astute observation. The Hannity Mods like to claim that since everyone is there as a 'guest', it's impolite (and therefore against the rules) to criticize their host. All the while complaining about political correctness, lack of freedom, and a stifling big brother who doesn't allow free speech.

No, I get it. There should be a balance of left and right mods. Why? Because the right is incapable of being fair to the left. Like I said, be honest.

no, you don't get it. there had always been a mix of political leanings as mods to prevent any individual's political leaning from influencing how the board is moderated.

in closing, tissue?

Yes please, that was beautiful. <sniff>

no, i get it. There should be a balance of left and right mods. Why? Because the right is incapable of being fair to the left. Like i said, be honest.

no, you don't get it. There had always been a mix of political leanings as mods to prevent any individual's political leaning from influencing how the board is moderated.

I personally feel that that is a better way to set up.

I also think that trajan, ringel and baruch will be fair.

In closing, tissue?

yes please, that was beautiful. <sniff>

:D lol

As a former mod, do you think your political leaning influenced your decisions??

As a former mod, I know that room has always been predicated on having balance with both the left and the right in order to keep mods from allowing their political leanings to influence decisions.

Great, now do you want to answer the question??
I thought he did, and very eloquently. The fact that there are mods from both sides keeps any partisan impulses in check.

afraid to answer, huh?

Figures...

Having trouble reading?

Not at all...

You didn't answer the question asked...

Here it is again:

As a former mod, do you think your political leaning influenced your decisions??

It's not my fault you can't follow a simple exchange across a couple of posts.

Here it is again:

As a former mod, I know that room has always been predicated on having balance with both the left and the right in order to keep mods from allowing their political leanings to influence decisions.

Great, now do you want to answer the question??

No, I didn't.

My point stands.

Since you are having trouble comprehending, "No, I didn't" is my answer.

While I do think that the current new mods will be fair, the precedent as long as I've been here is a ideology balanced staff.

It helps to prevent political leanings from influencing decisions, anyone who actually has been a mod can tell you that. Plus it helps to have some diversity, which is now sorely lacking on the new mod staff. Simple as that.

If the board staff was stacked with nothing but left wingers, I imagine there would be outcry from some of the membership who are saying "What's the problem here?" currently. I know in my time as a moderator I saw several posts complaining about the number of "left-wing mods" on staff. Though those same people often included people like Del or Elvis on such lists hilariously enough.

As Del mentioned, Gunny (the tree-hugging prius driving Liberal we all know him to be) kept such a policy in place for good reason.

Last edited:
nope.

speaks volumes.
Perhaps del. Perhaps elvis.

But the point remains that there are now a couple of extremely Rightwing mods, in Meister and Trajan (perhaps Baruch), and nobody close to being extremely Leftwing.

del and elvis both quit.
I did not know that! That sucks. After some initial suspicions, and I'll admit, a bit of paranoia on my part (built up from sites like Hannity), I have found them both to be excellent mods who were very fair.

My point is, do you want fair or just equally opposing unfairness? I could care less if they are left or right.
Why is it one or the other, black or white?

I know that's the wingnut mentality, but we Liberals are trying to teach you that it's a Technicolor world out there.

Why can't it be....wait for it.....fair AND balanced?

Or is that only desirable in fake news?

so the argument seems to be liberals are able to be fair, but a conservative cannot. I call bs.

$strawman1.jpeg

in closing, tissue?

I would tell him to borrow Dr. Houses tissue, but...eew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back