New Moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.
The board is happy to announce that we have two new moderators.
They are Ringel05 and Baruch Menachem. Both are two respected
posters that will help this board be the best messageboard on the internet.

Run for the hills!!!!!!

Actually . . . these are very, very good picks.

Tough job, guys. Best fortune.

Personally, I think that on a board like this, Righty mods tend to be harder on Righty rule-breakers and Lefty mods tend to be harder on Lefty rule breakers. Maybe subconsciously, in an effort to appear fair to the masses.

I may be totally wrong (but I'm a dancing fool).

Personally, I think that on a board like this, Righty mods tend to be harder on Righty rule-breakers and Lefty mods tend to be harder on Lefty rule breakers. Maybe subconsciously, in an effort to appear fair to the masses.

I agree...they'd be like, "Hey asshole, don't make us look like a bunch of assholes.":D

I've found that participation in Internet discussion forums are an excellent mental exercise, which is every bit as important as physical exercise and moreso as we age. For that reason I've made the rounds of Internet forums in recent years and have settled in this one for several reasons. One reason is there is political diversity here rather than one imposing political bias. Another is the discussions move quickly because of the extensive level of participation. There also are quite a few highly intelligent, knowledgeable participants on both ends of the political spectrum here which keeps the energy level rather high.

The thing I most appreciate is the moderators here leave the participants pretty much alone and do not impose on them in the manner of frustrated high-school hallway monitors, which is a common problem in most forums. While there are the usual belligerent adolescents and adult shit-slingers here the moderators leave it up to the participants to deal with them via the Ignore feature rather than to annoyingly and unnecessarily intervene with petty rule enforcement.

So I'm hoping the agreeable (to me) atmosphere of this forum remains the same.

I've found that participation in Internet discussion forums are an excellent mental exercise, which is every bit as important as physical exercise and moreso as we age. For that reason I've made the rounds of Internet forums in recent years and have settled in this one for several reasons. One reason is there is political diversity here rather than one imposing political bias. Another is the discussions move quickly because of the extensive level of participation. There also are quite a few highly intelligent, knowledgeable participants on both ends of the political spectrum here which keeps the energy level rather high.

The thing I most appreciate is the moderators here leave the participants pretty much alone and do not impose on them in the manner of frustrated high-school hallway monitors, which is a common problem in most forums. While there are the usual belligerent adolescents and adult shit-slingers here the moderators leave it up to the participants to deal with them via the Ignore feature rather than to annoyingly and unnecessarily intervene with petty rule enforcement.

So I'm hoping the agreeable (to me) atmosphere of this forum remains the same.

:thup:

The board is happy to announce that we have two new moderators.
They are Ringel05 and Baruch Menachem. Both are two respected
posters that will help this board be the best messageboard on the internet.
Uh oh...

funny-pictures-complaint-dept.jpg

;)

Last edited by a moderator:

That has NOT been my experience

You're free to go elsewhere if you don't like the mod staff...

I'll miss you...

is that the idea? drive off all of us who preceded the hannity crew?

i already told ringle he has my support. but this is the first time that this board has been slanted this way and having the mod staff entirely rightwing, no matter how well-meaning some of them are is simply wrong.

The current mod staff is fair... Isn't that what matters most - not their political leaning?

The current mod staff appears fair, but has not yet had the opportunity to moderate. We don't know yet if politics will influence their moderation...hopefully not. But, there doesn't appear to be any built in checks and balances to prevent this from happeneing.

I guess we will just have to take them on their word.

is that the idea? drive off all of us who preceded the hannity crew?

i already told ringle he has my support. but this is the first time that this board has been slanted this way and having the mod staff entirely rightwing, no matter how well-meaning some of them are is simply wrong.

The current mod staff is fair... Isn't that what matters most - not their political leaning?

The current mod staff appears fair, but has not yet had the opportunity to moderate. We don't know yet if politics will influence their moderation...hopefully not. But, there doesn't appear to be any built in checks and balances to prevent this from happeneing.

I guess we will just have to take them on their word.

No one on the right said a thing about the fact that the mods here constantly changed my words and and treated me like crap.

The right here cheered it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back