New definition of “hate crime”.

"hate crime" = disagreeing with the Democrats

The Democrat Party is appropriately named and at its worst, a Democracy is basically "mob rule". Which is also why they continually claim that "Hillary won the popular vote."

But we are not a Democracy, thank God. We are a constitutional republic.

We are a representative democracy.

And the electoral college is not the definition of representative democracy and we wouldn't be governed by 'mob rule' if the EC went away. Just to clear some things up.

LOL no we are a republic and the electoral college has saved us from mob rule :itsok:

A republic can be a representative democracy. The terms are not mutually exclusive.

If the president were elected by popular vote, the US would not suddenly be governed by mob rule. The country would still be both a republic and a representative democracy.

The president will not be elected by popular vote, ever. We will continue to use the electoral college method to ensure large population states like corrupt NY and CA do not step on the rights of small population states.

I don't know about ever, but certainly I don't think we'll be going to popular vote any time soon. However, were it to happen, it would not suddenly make our government one of mob rule. The president is a single elected official, among a plethora of elected officials who got into government through popular vote. I'm not sure where the narrative that we are one elected official away from mob rule comes from.

Of course, we're running far afield from the OP here. I'm actually curious about how the voting for hate crimes, both federal and state, have gone by party. I don't think I'm curious enough to run the information down, though. :p

Hate crime: [noun]: If a prevailing majority population hates what you are saying or doing and wants to control you by legally preventing you from saying or doing it and attaching corresponding legal penalties to infractions of the pertinent enacted laws, then each of those offending words and/or actions you may say or do constitute a hate crime.

You know, this has happened before, is happening now, and can happen again…
— Spero

Remember. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Comments?
I don't know where you got that definition of hate crime from but you are way out in left field. Hates crimes are not about what is said but what is done to others out of hate. Speech can provide a motive, but unless you make a direct and unambiguous threat to someone, or cause a public alarm, the speech itself is not a crime. And, if you do threaten someone, although a crime, it is not a hate crime unless perhaps if you threaten a whole group based on who they are.

Hate crime: [noun]: If a prevailing majority population hates what you are saying or doing and wants to control you by legally preventing you from saying or doing it and attaching corresponding legal penalties to infractions of the pertinent enacted laws, then each of those offending words and/or actions you may say or do constitute a hate crime.

— Spero

Comments?
Try this on for size

Hate crime
In both crime and law, hate crime (also known as bias-motivated crime) is a usually violent, prejudice motivated crime that occurs when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her perceived membership in a certain social group.
Hate crime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Come now, Children. A "hate crime" is a crime that is motivated by animus toward a group that is "protected" under U.S. law, because of gender, race, ethnicity, or religion. In many states, sexual orientation is also protected, as well as "gender identity," and other gender/sex-related conditions.

The insidious factor in the creation of Hate Crimes is that it opens up the possibility (and even likelihood) that if the Feds don't like the outcome of a state prosecution for the underlying crime - say, an aggravated assault - then the Feds can come in and prosecute the VERY SAME ACT under a Civil Rights statute, as a "hate crime."

And they tell us that this is not Constitutionally-prohibited double-jeopardy.

Heterosexual white males don't like "hate crime" laws because they are the only ones who are not "protected."
I am a hetero white male and I support hate crime laws. I do not need their protection but minorities do. Unlike you, I do not just support laws that directly benefit me and those like me.

A prosecution for a hate crime is not double jeopardy. It is a separate crime, because a crime against a minority person motivated by hate is a crime against that entire community, not just the individual. It is akin to terrorism because it is intended to instill widespread fear and disruption. Get it now??

Remember. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance...............Comments?

Uh yeah. Like BINGO. :clap2:

I am a hetero white male and I support hate crime laws. I do not need their protection but minorities do. Unlike you, I do not just support laws that directly benefit me and those like me.

A prosecution for a hate crime is not double jeopardy. It is a separate crime, because a crime against a minority person motivated by hate is a crime against that entire community, not just the individual. It is akin to terrorism because it is intended to instill widespread fear and disruption. Get it now??

I've determined that your free speech here is hurting everyone's ability to have free speech. As such it is a hate crime and you will be imprisoned and fined for your defiance.

Come now, Children. A "hate crime" is a crime that is motivated by animus toward a group that is "protected" under U.S. law, because of gender, race, ethnicity, or religion. In many states, sexual orientation is also protected, as well as "gender identity," and other gender/sex-related conditions.

The insidious factor in the creation of Hate Crimes is that it opens up the possibility (and even likelihood) that if the Feds don't like the outcome of a state prosecution for the underlying crime - say, an aggravated assault - then the Feds can come in and prosecute the VERY SAME ACT under a Civil Rights statute, as a "hate crime."

Heterosexual white males don't like "hate crime" laws because they are the only ones who are not "protected."

You both seem to be operating under a false impression of hate crime laws. Only protecting minorities would, I feel pretty confident, be deemed unconstitutional. If a crime is committed because of the victim's race, that would be covered under federal hate crime legislation. It does not matter if the victim is white or a minority; it is when race is a basis for the crime that hate crime statute applies. Here are the 2015 statistics for victims of hate crimes according to the FBI: Victims . According to that, 18.7% of hate crime victims were victims of anti-white bias.

I've determined that your free speech here is hurting everyone's ability to have free speech. As such it is a hate crime and you will be imprisoned and fined for your defiance.

Moronic , vapid, bovine excrement. As usual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your words towards my free speech opinion are obvious words of hate. The words "as usual" means you also harbor deep prejudice towards me. My feelings are hurt and now I feel disparaged and bad about my station in life. It's made worse by the fact that you did the hate crime using federal airways from your iPhone. You will be fined and imprisoned for your hate crime of words.

Last edited:

You both seem to be operating under a false impression of hate crime laws. Only protecting minorities would, I feel pretty confident, be deemed unconstitutional. If a crime is committed because of the victim's race, that would be covered under federal hate crime legislation. It does not matter if the victim is white or a minority; it is when race is a basis for the crime that hate crime statute applies. Here are the 2015 statistics for victims of hate crimes according to the FBI: Victims . According to that, 18.7% of hate crime victims were victims of anti-white bias.

Actually you right. A biased motivated crime against a white is a hate crime

— Spero

Comments?

Where has that occurred?

Your words towards my free speech opinion are obvious words of hate. My feelings are hurt and now I feel disparaged and bad about my station in life. It's made worse by the fact that you did the hate crime using federal airways from your iPhone. You will be fined and imprisoned for your hate crime of words.

More moronic horseshit I am not questioning your right to free speech. I am saying that your words are stupid and that is my right to free speech. Too damned bad if you feel disparaged

To a point, now. Are you saying "hate crime" isn't squishy these days?

Forum List

Back