New book by climate expert, Dr Judith Curry ( and its free)

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
New book: Doubt and Certainty in Climate Science

One time climate alarmist, Dr Judith Curry has released a new book and it is F R E E!!!!!!!

Curry, once universally loved by the entirety of the AGW community, is now universally hated by the AGW community. Why? She no longer concurs with the k00k doomsday scenarios dredged up by alarmists on a daily basis!!

From the preface............

"The complex relationship between solar cycles and regional climate states on Earth that was central to classical climatology (and is still being discussed in the peer-‐reviewed literature) had been replaced with a reductionist assumption concerning radiative balance, and the effective dismissal of any significant solar influence. I found this rejection of an entire body of scientific literature troubling, and looked for a disinterested discussion of the balance between natural and anthropogenic effects, but could not find what I wanted -‐ a book that covered the whole field in an accessible and unprejudiced manner, and that was based solely on the scientific literature: I found text-‐books on individual topics aplenty, together with a flood of others, either supporting or attacking the standard climate change model, but none that was based wholly on studies certified by peer-‐review -‐ and whose author was inquisitive rather than opinionated."

In other words, Curry see's the current AGW sentiments as rigged:up:....................if they find scientific information that doesn't conform with the AGW narrative, it is dismissed out of hand.........

Some scientists break away from biology and claim evolution is false, we all have to weigh the evidence on our own.

While not Curry's book, it is an excellent book giving light to both sides of the argument. The book shows the massive bias that must be applied for any CAGW premise to be even slightly true.

I haven't read the book but I believe their is a quote that goes something like...for any set of evidence there are many hypotheses to explain it.

If you specifically choose only certain pieces of evidence, or emphasize only certain pieces, then it is easy to convince yourself that one theory is correct. That is what has happened in AGW. The IPCC has narrowed its focus to man-made causes and discounted evidence for natural causes. The standard for inclusion is whether or not it fits the existing framework. A recipe for disaster when working in science.

If you specifically choose only certain pieces of evidence, or emphasize only certain pieces, then it is easy to convince yourself that one theory is correct. That is what has happened in AGW.
To be fair you should also say that it is happening in anti-AGW. There are many kooky theories about various aspects of thermodynamics etc. and there is also blatant cherry picking.

If you specifically choose only certain pieces of evidence, or emphasize only certain pieces, then it is easy to convince yourself that one theory is correct. That is what has happened in AGW.
To be fair you should also say that it is happening in anti-AGW. There are many kooky theories about various aspects of thermodynamics etc. and there is also blatant cherry picking.

Very rare that someone actually ever denies the actual slight warming observed. Even RARER when they reject the basic GreenHouse theory. You are RIGHT. I've opposed several people who don't believe the basic GHouse theory.

But skeptics are NOT REQUIRED by science to offer an "alternate explanation" in order to reject a hypothesis. In fact -- most skeptics will tell you that there is insufficient HISTORICAL proof that our little warming is in any extraordinary. And they are correct about the lack of specific evidence to make that case. Once you establish what the HISTORICAL "normal variance" in climate COULD HAVE BEEN -- There may be no need to offer any "alternate explanations" anyway..

Governments around the world are not asking skeptics for advice on global warming. They are asking the IPCC. The IPCC may be well meaning but still scientifically biased.

Skook, why haven't you uttered your usual crazy lie about how rational people used to adore Curry? Being how you're lying so proudly about everything else, it's odd that you skipped your favorite lie.

Oh, Curry didn't write the book. Skook couldn't even get something that basic correct. She's pushing work by Alan Longhurst.

Anyways, lots of conspiracy nonsense. Chapter 4 is especially familiar with its "the temperature record is all wrong!" theme.

The book in general is ... confused. Rambling run-on sentences, weirdass logic that goes nowhere, technobabbling terms he doesn't seem to understand.

Very rare that someone actually ever denies the actual slight warming observed.
Actually the Earth is cooling and has been cooling for billions of years.

Skook, why haven't you uttered your usual crazy lie about how rational people used to adore Curry? Being how you're lying so proudly about everything else, it's odd that you skipped your favorite lie.

Oh, Curry didn't write the book. Skook couldn't even get something that basic correct. She's pushing work by Alan Longhurst.

Anyways, lots of conspiracy nonsense. Chapter 4 is especially familiar with its "the temperature record is all wrong!" theme.

The book in general is ... confused. Rambling run-on sentences, weirdass logic that goes nowhere, technobabbling terms he doesn't seem to understand.

Thanks for the excellent review.. Now I KNOW I need to read it..

:banana:

Very astute observation! Yes the Earth is much colder than it was 4.5 Billion years ago. I predict that in another few dozen billion years it will be as cold as Pluto.

Thanks for the excellent review.. Now I KNOW I need to read it..

:banana:

:rofl::funnyface::rofl::funnyface:

The religion of the climate alarmist nutters is ghey.

Had to laugh seeing the pope today babble on and on about climate change!!! If there was such a consensus, why would Obama need the pope to do his bidding? I'll tell you why.........because after 25 years, the climate scientists STILL haven't made their case!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::2up:

Very astute observation! Yes the Earth is much colder than it was 4.5 Billion years ago. I predict that in another few dozen billion years it will be as cold as Pluto.

Whoaa !!! That's a bold ledge you're jumping off of... I thought the sun was gonna eat us "in another few dozen billion years" :disbelief:

Forum List

Back