Palestine mountain gazelle now endangered, say scientists

David_42

Registered Democrat.
Aug 9, 2015
Another beautiful animal on the verge of extinction..
Palestine mountain gazelle now endangered, say scientists
Zoologists are recommending that one of the Middle East’s most iconic mammals – the Palestine mountain gazelle – be placed on the endangered list amid a dramatic decline in its numbers in the last decade and a half.

Numbers of the gazelles, whose habitat is in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories – including a population that lives in the hills on the outskirts of Jerusalem – have dropped to about 2,000 identified individuals.

The tan, white and black gazelles are a familiar sight in the Jerusalem forest, occasionally straying into the city itself.

That has led experts to fear that the animals could soon go the same way as their closest relatives who once lived in Syria and Egypt and are now believed to be extinct.

To bad real environmental problems which could be, if not solved, at least greatly improved, can't be addressed because the AGW hoax sucks all the air out of the room and all the treasure out of the coffers.

I would be interested to know whether or not you favor wind energy. You seem concerned about species being driven to extinction. Are you as concerned about raptors, bats, and migratory birds being driven to extinction by wind farms? How many per year do you suppose can be killed before they can no longer recover?

Birds killed by wind farms are similar to the problem here with the antelope. It's not enough to drive any MIGRATORY species to extinction --- but the problem is Denial of Habitat and Range.

In the case of wind farms, it's the LOCALIZED species like predator birds, and bats, that will become eventually erased from a radius around a wind farm. And these Palestinian antelope that I SUPPOSE are unique to the world, have the same Denial of Habitat issue. And maybe a hunting/poaching issue as well for all I know..

To bad real environmental problems which could be, if not solved, at least greatly improved, can't be addressed because the AGW hoax sucks all the air out of the room and all the treasure out of the coffers.

I would be interested to know whether or not you favor wind energy. You seem concerned about species being driven to extinction. Are you as concerned about raptors, bats, and migratory birds being driven to extinction by wind farms? How many per year do you suppose can be killed before they can no longer recover?
Lol yeah because the opponents of the AGW theory are really gung ho about protecting rivers with endangered fish/animals, preventing oil drilling in areas that spills could be disastrous for endangered animals, stopping the hunting of endangered animals, protecting forests, etc. :rolleyes:

Lol yeah because the opponents of the AGW theory are really gung ho about protecting rivers with endangered fish/animals, preventing oil drilling in areas that spills could be disastrous for endangered animals, stopping the hunting of endangered animals, protecting forests, etc. :rolleyes:

Yes we are... On ALL of those things. At least I am if there is documentation and PROOF of the harm.

Personally, I favor draconian fines and punishments for those who attempt to thwart or otherwise get around pollution laws...and being a lifelong hunter and actual conservationist, I am all in favor of protecting endangered or threatened animals and actually conserving forests and wild lands which requires actual management as opposed to the environmentalist dream of denying them to anyone till they become tinder laden firebombs just waiting for a part to be completely destroyed due to mismanagement

If you're worried about wildfires, you must be worried about drought. And if you're worried about droughts, you must be worried about increased heat and decreased precipitation. And if you're worried about those, you must be worried about global warming.

If you're worried about wildfires, you must be worried about drought. And if you're worried about droughts, you must be worried about increased heat and decreased precipitation. And if you're worried about those, you must be worried about global warming.

Nope....what you and yours call drought is not, in fact drought. Take yourself a ride out into the west where the so called unprecedented drought is occurring....Now take a close look at the native flora and fauna. They are doing just fine because they evolved to live in that climate. They are not experiencing any drought...they are experiencing business as usual and as a result, they are doing fine. The fire is a result of the lack of land management which has allowed underbrush to become so thick that the normal fires which are part of the ecology there now burn much hotter resulting in actual destruction of forests rather than simply clearing out the small bit of undergrowth that should naturally be there.

So long as the native flora and fauna are doing fine in an area, the area is not experiencing drought. The claim of drought is being made by imports...flora and fauna that have not evolved to live in that area's business as usual.

Birds killed by wind farms are similar to the problem here with the antelope. It's not enough to drive any MIGRATORY species to extinction --- but the problem is Denial of Habitat and Range.

In the case of wind farms, it's the LOCALIZED species like predator birds, and bats, that will become eventually erased from a radius around a wind farm. And these Palestinian antelope that I SUPPOSE are unique to the world, have the same Denial of Habitat issue. And maybe a hunting/poaching issue as well for all I know..
Link to something other than articles from Briebart and WUWT. Everything I have read states that while windfarms are a problem, the roads that run near them kill more raptors than the windfarms do. And the primary problem facing bats at present is a very virulent virus.

Nope....what you and yours call drought is not, in fact drought. Take yourself a ride out into the west where the so called unprecedented drought is occurring....Now take a close look at the native flora and fauna. They are doing just fine because they evolved to live in that climate. They are not experiencing any drought...they are experiencing business as usual and as a result, they are doing fine. The fire is a result of the lack of land management which has allowed underbrush to become so thick that the normal fires which are part of the ecology there now burn much hotter resulting in actual destruction of forests rather than simply clearing out the small bit of undergrowth that should naturally be there.

So long as the native flora and fauna are doing fine in an area, the area is not experiencing drought. The claim of drought is being made by imports...flora and fauna that have not evolved to live in that area's business as usual.
LOL. Tell that nonsense to someone that has not had people in Eastern Oregon since 1860. No, Eastern Oregon, Idaho, Washington, and Northern California are not fine.

U.S. Drought Monitor

Many of the areas that have burned have never experienced any sort of forest management as they are far to rough to be of use in logging. But they burned just as fiercely as the areas that have been logged before.

Link to something other than articles from Briebart and WUWT. Everything I have read states that while windfarms are a problem, the roads that run near them kill more raptors than the windfarms do. And the primary problem facing bats at present is a very virulent virus.

The bat fungus is a NEW development. ANOTHER pressure they have to face.. Besides having a huge air pressure wave crush their beating hearts in mid-flight. Need a link to that?

Federal govt is PROVIDING undertakers and body bags to whisk the rapture body away. They are handing out PERMITS for killing eagles. And you will never get another ACCURATE accounting of raptor kills while this Soviet Style Federal complicity exists..

Forum List

Back